• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Laniakea

Not of this world
It was a jury trial, they are based on the believability of the evidence by persons sworn to objectivity, accepting their decision is the basis of our judicial system. That Trump and sycophants want to change this is what we object to, should we use trial by combat or something.
Are you opposed to his being able to appeal the decision?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Are you opposed to his being able to appeal the decision?
not at all.
We all knew when he lost he was going to appeal.
And when he loses the appeal, we know he will appeal that.
And when he loses the appeal of the appeal, he will appeal that one as well.
This will continue until he has exhausted all possible appeals available.

Laniakea

Not of this world
not at all.
Once again, you show ignorance by pretending to be a fortune teller.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Once again, you show ignorance by pretending to be a fortune teller.
Once again you show ignorance by pretending to know the difference between a fortune teller and a prophet.

I would suggest you stop while you are ahead, but your posting history indicates that doing so will only encourage you to dig as deep a hole as you possibly can.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Once again you show ignorance by pretending to know the difference between a fortune teller and a prophet.

I would suggest you stop while you are ahead, but your posting history indicates that doing so will only encourage you to dig as deep a hole as you possibly can.
Prophets are required to be correct 100% of the time. If they aren't, they are killed. Bible Gateway passage: Deuteronomy 13 - Holman Christian Standard Bible

Oh, I can't wait for his appeals to happen, for him to be vindicated, and then to take his rightful seat in the Oval Office!

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, I am not the one who has problems accepting the results or understanding his very slim chance of any significant reversal on appeal.
Your people keep saying he owns the SCOTUS. Is that no longer your belief?

Pogo

not at all.
And when his appeals are dismissed for lack of merit, he will use that as another claim of persecution to fleece the rubes.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Oh, I can't wait for his appeals to happen, for him to be vindicated, and then to take his rightful seat in the Oval Office!
How exactly is your fortune telling any different from mine?

Seems rather hypocritical to whine about mine then present your own.

I see you went ahead and fulfilled my prophecy in post #285...

Pogo

Your people keep saying he owns the SCOTUS. Is that no longer your belief?
no, I don't think they are quite that dumb.
We don't say that he owns them, only that he is largely responsible for much of the courts recent pathetic judgement.
And to go back to another misunderstanding of yours, yes we do abide by their rulings and are working to correct them.
In spite of your apparent ineducability, we still attempt this Sisiphyian task.

Wirey

Fartist
You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.
Please remember that I am Canadian, and not necessarily an expert on US law, but here goes.

Joe Biden should immediately pardon Donald Trump for any and all of the federal charges he is facing. Additionally, he should make it plain that this pardon reflects only on Trump, and not the other people involved in the alleged crimes. Setting a precedent that a former President can be jailed is an invitation to Banana Republicanism, whether you want to admit it or not.

As far as the 34 indictments, they are E class felonies, which rarely result in jail time. Give him a years probation and fine him whatever seems appropriate, and let it go.

First, this removes the 'weaponization' claim and restores faith in the justice system. Second, it makes Trump a weak, puerile little man who needs Biden to keep him out of trouble. And third, it sets the precedent that helping someone behave the way he did ends with you in a cage and him walking around free, and Trump is only a free man because of the Dems. It would destroy his fundraising ability, and allow the Dems to portray him as a senile old fool who's being manipulated by the back-room boys who are being charged. End of Trump.

Of course, I'm only looking through the prism of winning the election and destroying Trumpism. If you want pointless revenge, that's different.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member