• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Europe resist Islam?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Personally i think resist is the wrong word,its not like Islamic Countries have been mega successful at anything for hundreds of years so i don't see what the attraction could be,personally i think Islam is an oppressive religion and it puzzles me when people convert to it.

love

tri-polar optimist
My God. :( this is not what we are talking about at all. its as if you think we are talking about Europe resisting CONVERSION to Islam.
we are talking about Muslim immigrants and their cultural trends which are at odds with European society and citizens. Europe is not going to convert to Islam, this is not even the issue. the issue is the compromises that Muslim immigrants need to make to meet the standards of European society, and the measures European authorities need to make to accommodate Muslim immigrants.

I am sure that most of you here have heard of the upcoming conference scheduled for next spring to be held in Pakistan called The Diversification of Culture and Religion. Leaders from such countries as Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria will gather to discuss more open immigration laws to allow people of all religions a chance to immigrate to Muslim countries and continue to practice their faith and be assured of their right to build chuches and temples in the way they see appropriate.
There is expected to be a large influx from Western countries of people who want to immigrate to the region.
I think all western countries, including Europe should be at least as accomodating as our friends and neighbors to the east. :D

Kerr

And how many years did atheists live with the notion of slavery and not consider morality in the least..?
Lol, the same goes for theism.

But seriously, why are we grouping all atheists together in one camp and then all theists in another? It is not that black and white.

.lava

Veteran Member
I am sure that most of you here have heard of the upcoming conference scheduled for next spring to be held in Pakistan called The Diversification of Culture and Religion. Leaders from such countries as Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria will gather to discuss more open immigration laws to allow people of all religions a chance to immigrate to Muslim countries and continue to practice their faith and be assured of their right to build chuches and temples in the way they see appropriate.
There is expected to be a large influx from Western countries of people who want to immigrate to the region.
I think all western countries, including Europe should be at least as accomodating as our friends and neighbors to the east. :D

i am definetely very curious to know which Western people would want to immigrate and why.

Cobblestones

Devoid of Ettiquette
Originally Posted by love
I think all western countries, including Europe should be at least as accomodating as our friends and neighbors to the east.
i am definitely very curious to know which Western people would want to immigrate and why.
Me too! What's the draw? What's the incentive? What do those countries have to offer? Again, this goes with the fact that innovation and technology are not valued by these countries. Why would anyone want to go there except for religious reasons or to "return to the homeland" and many did in Iran in the 70s?

LittleNipper

Lol, the same goes for theism.

But seriously, why are we grouping all atheists together in one camp and then all theists in another? It is not that black and white.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

~Amin~

God is the King
You talk to us about the Qur'an and the truth of your religion, while American and British forces are roaming the streets of Baghdad.. once the center of the Abbasid Empire.
I dont understand, what are you saying.

Is this thread still about europe and weather or not they should resist islam?
They cant resist Islam what could they do?
Islam alone has all the solution for mans problems, what solution has Darwinism
brought, how does it encourage man to help each other, on the contrary it tells
us to devour each other and tries to justify it.
God is ready to help His servant, as long as the servant helps his brother or sister. Muhammad's Statement.
We may not be brothers in terms of Guidance but definitely in that we are brothers
because we are of the SAME human species.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Islam alone has all the solution for mans problems,
What is Islams solution for Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease?
What is Islams solution to violence?
What is Islams solution to religious freedoms?

what solution has Darwinism
By Darwinism, I am going to assume you mean biological evolution.
You seem to be under the mistaken idea that evolution promotes the old 'long in tooth and claw', killer take all, survival. You could not be further from the truth.
(Although, that is a common misconception among those in ignorance to the ToE)

The Theory of Evolution is actually the basis for modern biology. When someone receives a Polio Vaccine in Kenya, that vaccine is based on evolutionary biology. It does not matter if that child is Christian, Islamic, or has no beliefs at all. The vaccine will work for him.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is this thread still about europe and weather or not they should resist islam?

I think the thread has moved well beyond that. We are now discussing turnips -- their use and absuse throughout history. I, for one, am of the firm opinion that turnips should never have been introduced into European culture. Their introduction has only led to a crop of insufferable turnip jokes, so far as I can see.

Smoke

Done here.
I think the thread has moved well beyond that. We are now discussing turnips -- their use and absuse throughout history. I, for one, am of the firm opinion that turnips should never have been introduced into European culture. Their introduction has only led to a crop of insufferable turnip jokes, so far as I can see.
Turnip greens are delicious. Unfortunately, our ancestors, who were frequently on the verge of starvation, acquired the habit of eating the roots, and passed that habit on to us.

Smoke

Done here.
What's the best way to prepare them? I've always wanted to try them.
Boil them with some kind of pig meat and load them up with salt and pepper and as much vinegar as you can stand. Which is basically the way all greens are prepared Southern style. Other vegetables are prepared the same but with butter instead of vinegar, and pig meat is optional.

Islam alone has all the solution for mans problems

There's a difference between being devoted to your beliefs and sheer lunacy. To say that any religious belief, in this case Islam, can magically cure the problems humans face, such as the economy problems, diseases, starvation and so forth is a complete joke. Show me a quote in the Qur'an where it says how it will restore the economy, how it will cure cancer (specifically cancer, not another disease), how it will reduce homelessness and poverty.

what solution has Darwinism

Nice strategy, show how in some unknown magical way Islam can cure everything and because of that, presumably evolution just sits on its butt collecting dust. But back to reality, evolution has shown how various organisms came about, how certain features came about which is useful for studying anatomy and physiology (i.e. medicine), for helping to uncover the genes of various organisms including ours, etc... . Granted, it cannot cure the problems of the economy, poverty or homelessness but it does have some pretty valuable uses.

Let me quote a response you gave me so we can together see the foolishness you're parading around:

I NEVER said this is the WHOLE of TOE, but definitely an important
aspect.
To refresh your memory because many posts have gone by, this was in response to my post:

Killing and dominating is indeed something humans and non-human animals engage in and it's one possible event, however, it's not what TOE states. Your logic is basically as follows: if something can explain 1,000 outcomes, then you're ignoring 999 of them and pointing out only 1 of them in order to say that the 1 outcome is what the overall explanation is for and what that overall explanation means.
So before you admitted and agreed with me that the killing and dominating part is only one small portion of evolution. However, now you seem to emphasize it as though it is all that evolution is. I'm sure that if I tell you the same thing as the post above I quoted of myself, that you'll return with the same idea in the post I quoted of you, and then you're going to ignore what happened and continue with what you're saying right now. So let me try yet again to tell you why you are wrong: EVOLUTION IS NOT SOLELY ABOUT KILLING AND DOMINATING ONE ANOTHER. If that fails, then I think I'll either need to use a bigger font or you'll have to... *gasp* read a book on evolution! :run:You'll find it's much easier to debate something if you understand what it is in the first place. Your responses are evidence that you haven't a clue.

we are of the SAME human species.

Well, glad to see that part you got correct. :clap