• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Feminists be encouraging women to be strippers?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Nonetheless, titilation. Attention is part of the process.

Ah, here's the problem. You're equating getting turned on by somebody as objectifying them. I don't. A lot of people don't. Many people retain their titillation from a connection beyond a nice rack. In fact, most people do. People who enjoy looking a pictures, or pause an X-rated movie, for pleasure don't just look at the picture itself, but fantasize about what that image is doing with them.

Now, when people have a flesh-and-blood person in front of them dancing erotically, most people don't want distance themselves by reducing them to nothing more than a sum of their body parts. But some do, and they're jerks (men or women, btw).

Of course they'd love hearing it. It's part of what gets them going. Feeling good about themselves is part of the sexploitation aspect. You can dress it up all you want, but they're still there for the fleshly aspect. If they went to a girl they didn't find attractive just for that attention maybe that would be one occasion of a counter-example.

I don't have to dress it up. It's a phenomenon that's across the sex industry that includes male strippers, gay/lesbian strip clubs, and burlesque. Humans are visual, are attracted to people who are confident enough to take their clothes off and reveal a part of themselves to them, enjoy watching that somebody have creativity and agility, and make a connection to them. It isn't just a simplistic male gaze that magically objectifies women. We are ALL human, after all. And human sexuality is a fascinating subject.

This is why strip clubs attract people. Culturally, it's considered a "vice" business like the corner liquor store. But people.....straight, gay/lesbian, trans, woman....have fun in establishments like these many times for the reasons I mentioned above.

I highly doubt it's mainly for the "attention" as in the usual sense of "attention". I'll have to look up this subject to see just how many men are going at it for the "Conversation" as a major aspect of it. As far as I'm concerned, those are just perks to make them the preferred service over the others in what is otherwise, still just objectification. So far, none of this has exempted them from being 'Objectified" even if the conversation and attention were a major aspect of it.

Men like attention. And having attention from a woman who is confident enough to take her clothes off? It's priceless, according to some.

I would say the grand majority of patrons objectify women. If that's entirely on their conscience, then...exactly. So you have no problem then with encouraging behavior that will fuel this objectification? If so, that's fine, I'm just saying that this is one particular aspect of Feminism of which others may disagree.

LOL you keep wanting this to be a male gaze issue, don't you? I say the grand majority of men don't objectify women because the grand majority of men aren't heartless jerks. But hey, if you're simply projecting your own issues onto the rest of males on the planet, and assuming they're all in the same camp, that's on you, buddy.

The perspective you've given is a really a low opinion of men considering them to be little more than dry-humping animals who sees women as nothing more than smiling T&A if she dared take her clothes off in front of them. You've also tried convincing people that a woman's virginity has (and should) have a price tag on it. Objectification of women doesn't happen because of what she does, says, acts, behaves, etc.

Thats ****-shaming.

I see where you're going here. And I can see I'm not the only member who has picked up on it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416356 said:
Namaste,

Dear OP, can you post a poll so we can vote on the matter?

M.V.

He might as well ask:

"Should Feminists be encouraging women to (________)?"

And then fill in the blank with whatever somebody finds distasteful. The entire OP is leading toward an assumption that men don't sexually respect women for various reasons that women bring upon themselves. It also completely ignores the phenomenon of "Magic Mike" and maintains a distinctly hetero-normative stance. If anybody wants a classic example of scapegoating and ****-shaming, read through this thread and take notes.

It has Male Gaze written all over it. (I mean, he is asking about a feminist perspective and response, after all.)

Rakhel

He might as well ask:

"Should Feminists be encouraging women to (________)?"

And then fill in the blank with whatever somebody finds distasteful. The entire OP is leading toward an assumption that men don't sexually respect women for various reasons that women bring upon themselves. It also completely ignores the phenomenon of "Magic Mike" and maintains a distinctly hetero-normative stance. If anybody wants a classic example of scapegoating and ****-shaming, read through this thread and take notes.

It has Male Gaze written all over it. (I mean, he is asking about a feminist perspective and response, after all.)
I have yet to see Magic Mike but do remember, as I'm sure you do, the scene from Bachelor Party and the woman at the Chippendale's club. The mother can't remove her hand from the hotdog bun

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
The entire OP is leading toward an assumption that men don't sexually respect women for various reasons that women bring upon themselves.

Namaste,

It is because of men that women dress the way they do; it is because of men that women talk the way they do; it is because of men that women eat the way they do; it is because of men that women do the things the way they do.

The male throughout history has proposed....the woman has obliged.

I am working on a book with an alternative premise:

It is the year 1500 BCE. The women are the dominant ones of the human species. The women fight the wars. The women are the ones that pillage and plunder and engage in warriordom. The males are subservient in this universe. I have even incorporated a little bit of an Islamic touch: after the women conquer a city and plunder the city - the males that they like, they round them up and force them to wear burqas so no other woman is aroused by the male's beauty (as in the case of today's world which is man-perspected). All of the "Kings" are women. The "Queens" are male. Women run the world, in this book that I am working on. In this book, I try to address the stereotypes associated with the two species and change them, but still retain certain ones, such as females shaving their legs and males shaving their face. But, the woman is "manly" and the man is "womanly", if that makes any sense.

What do you think about this? It would definitely make an awesome movie, in my opinion...

M.V.

Last edited:

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416379 said:
Namaste,

It is because of men that women dress the way they do; it is because of men that women talk the way they do; it is because of men that women eat the way they do; it is because of men that women do the things the way they do.

It is the year 1500 BCE. The women are the dominant ones of the human species. The women fight the wars. The women are the ones that pillage and plunder and engage in warriordom. The males are subservient in this universe. I have even incorporated a little bit of an Islamic touch: after the women conquer a city and plunder the city - the males that they like, they round them up and force them to wear burqas so no other woman is aroused by the male's beauty (as in the case of today's world which is man-perspected). All of the "Kings" are women. The "Queens" are male. Women run the world, in this book that I am working on. In this book, I try to address the stereotypes associated with the two species and change them, but still retain certain ones, such as females shaving their legs and males shaving their face. But, the woman is "manly" and the man is "womanly", if that makes any sense.

What do you think about this? It would definitely make an awesome movie, in my opinion...

M.V.
I saw a kung fu movie like that once.

Last edited:

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416397 said:
Namaste,

For real, brother?? What's the name? I have to go buy it or download it asap! Maybe it can help influence me...

M.V.

ps - What do you think about the premise?

It's on Netflix; I forget the title lol. I'm trying to IMDB it right now.

I think it's a good premise; almost sounds like an Ayn Rand book, without all the Communist bashing lol.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have yet to see Magic Mike but do remember, as I'm sure you do, the scene from Bachelor Party and the woman at the Chippendale's club. The mother can't remove her hand from the hotdog bun

Magic Mike wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was ready to give it one star out of five, but I was pleasantly surprised to give it three. There really is a story, and it wasn't horrible. It was only slightly cliche.

But Bachelor Party? Heck yeah. I remember that scene with the footlong. :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416379 said:
Namaste,

M.V.

Turning patriarchy on its head? Interesting.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
It's on Netflix; I forget the title lol. I'm trying to IMDB it right now.

I think it's a good premise; almost sounds like an Ayn Rand book, without all the Communist bashing lol.

Namaste,

Haha. Ayn Rand. Oh, high school! How I miss thee!

M.V.

ps - May you be kind as to PM me with the name if you ever find it, brother?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416411 said:
Namaste,

Haha. Ayn Rand. Oh, high school! How I miss thee!

M.V.

ps - May you be kind as to PM me with the name if you ever find it, brother?

Definitely. It's gonna bother me all day now lol everything I type into google isn't coming up with the title.

Rakhel

Here is the deal.
I would prefer that my children not enter the sex industry. That is my preference.
However, should any of them decide to, boy or girl, I wold then prefer that they do so legally and with a clear conscience.
There are many out there that don't want to be there. Have to use drugs or alcohol just to do what they do. I don't want that for my child or any one else's child.
Yet, the majority of these people are adults. It's not like I can tie them to a bed...oh wait. They might enjoy that.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Here is the deal.
I would prefer that my children not enter the sex industry. That is my preference.
However, should any of them decide to, boy or girl, I wold then prefer that they do so legally and with a clear conscience.
There are many out there that don't want to be there. Have to use drugs or alcohol just to do what they do. I don't want that for my child or any one else's child.
Yet, the majority of these people are adults. It's not like I can tie them to a bed...oh wait. They might enjoy that.

It kind of goes back to much of the original responses. The encouragement is toward having the freedom to choose.

Rakhel

It kind of goes back to much of the original responses. The encouragement is toward having the freedom to choose.
That is always where I stood. Didn't really matter what the subject was.
Abortion, sex industry, even **** walks.
While it may not be for me, I am in no position to tell someone else they are wrong for doing so. I will stand up for another person's right to do so. I have always stood for the right for women to choose what they feel is best for them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Should Feminists be encouraging women to be strippers?
It depends on how hot the woman being encouraged is.
This raises the issue which concerns me most. From what little (not nearly enuf) I've seen, these women are too hot. I suggest switching to LED lighting, & better air conditioning. Cooler temps will prevent sweating, & also enhance their charms.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
This raises the issue which concerns me most. From what little (not nearly enuf) I've seen, these women are too hot. I suggest switching to LED lighting, & better air conditioning. Cooler temps will prevent sweating, & also enhance their charms.

Namaste,

But, that will make them uber hot!

M.V.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3416626 said:
Namaste,
But, that will make them uber hot!
M.V.
Small sacrifices may be made for comfort.