• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

Zadok

Zadok
What we should fear is ignorance and isolation. It is not enough to know the various doctrines of any religion – we must know and appreciate the devout believers. We must live as neighbors knowing and exchanging ideas, hopes and dreams and on occasions helping one another.

Zadok

.lava

Veteran Member
What we should fear is ignorance and isolation. It is not enough to know the various doctrines of any religion – we must know and appreciate the devout believers. We must live as neighbors knowing and exchanging ideas, hopes and dreams and on occasions helping one another.

Zadok

i agree with every word you say, Zadok :)

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
i agree with every word you say, Zadok :)

Me too.

What I've had the privelege of learning from Muslims here has been of huge benefit to me.
Islam is a beautiful religion from which many many good things can be borrowed by non Muslims such as myself

Composer

Facts prove Islam is not beautiful -

In fact, the Muslim Prophet Muhammads famous dictum, baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu. " If anyone changes his religion, kill him ” is amply attested in Islamic tradition (cf. Bukhari vol. 9, bk. 84, no. 57)

fatima_bintu_islam

As you wish then :)

Allah says in Quran :(2:256)
"[SIZE=+1]256. There is no compulsion in religion. "
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in T�gh�t and believes in All�h, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And All�h is All-Hearer, All-Knower.[/SIZE]"

:)

.lava

Veteran Member
Facts prove Islam is not beautiful -

In fact, the Muslim Prophet Muhammads famous dictum, baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu. " If anyone changes his religion, kill him ” is amply attested in Islamic tradition (cf. Bukhari vol. 9, bk. 84, no. 57)

that reminds me of some verses of Qur'an such as;

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

10:99 If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!

50:45 We know best what they say; and thou art not one to overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur'an such as fear My Warning!

88:22 Thou art not at all a warder over them.

Composer

that reminds me of some verses of Qur'an such as;

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

10:99 If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!

50:45 We know best what they say; and thou art not one to overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur'an such as fear My Warning!

88:22 Thou art not at all a warder over them.

Your Islamic problems remain that we know for certain by historical records what Mahomet said - e.g. - the Muslim Prophet Muhammads famous dictum, baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu. " If anyone changes his religion, kill him ” is amply attested in Islamic tradition (cf. Bukhari vol. 9, bk. 84, no. 57)

But your problem is that you have NO legitimate evidence that Allah said anything at all?

.lava

Veteran Member
Your Islamic problems remain that we know for certain by historical records what Mahomet said - e.g. - the Muslim Prophet Muhammads famous dictum, baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu. " If anyone changes his religion, kill him ” is amply attested in Islamic tradition (cf. Bukhari vol. 9, bk. 84, no. 57)

But your problem is that you have NO legitimate evidence that Allah said anything at all?

my Islamic problems? could you please explain what they are?

.lava

Veteran Member
Again the question and your fundamental problem is before you as I stated -

" You have NO legitimate evidence that Allah said anything at all? "

since when your lack of evidence is my problem, uh please, don't be funny

Ba'al

since when your lack of evidence is my problem, uh please, don't be funny

True. Muslims here need not prove to themselves the words of Allah. Composer, you still have not answered my challenge of using the quran in your feeble arguments. Why not?

Composer

True. Muslims here need not prove to themselves the words of Allah. Composer, you still have not answered my challenge of using the quran in your feeble arguments. Why not?
The proofs so far in my excellent and legitimate arguments demonstrate that the man Mahomet was NOT a legitimate prophet and history and his own testimony condemns him.

We can have a bit of fun discussing your story book (Qur'an) if you wish?

My first question therefore is : " IF Mahomet were alive today, which Islamic Group would he join and presumably then head, because obviously he considers that group correctly follows the Qur'anic teachings and then no doubt attempt to get the others from the other groups to change and join his initially preferred group?

And " Do you currently belong to that Group he would join? "

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ba'al

My first question therefore is : " IF Mahomet were alive today, which Islamic Group would he join and presumably then head, because obviously he considers that group correctly follows the Qur'anic teachings and then no doubt attempt to get the others from the other groups to change and join his initially preferred group?

I've already answered this question for you in another thread you created where I answered....

Your question is irrelevant because the question itself is flawed. It is not up to Mohhamed because he does not have the authority. Allah gives the answer in the quran by forbidding divisions among muslims. "As for those who divide their religion and break up into shias (sects), you have no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.” (Quran, 6:159)

And " Do you currently belong to that Group he would join? "

I am not a Muslim. I do not practice any religion. What do these questions have to do with this "should we fear Islam" thread?

Composer

I've already answered this question for you in another thread you created where I answered....

Your question is irrelevant because the question itself is flawed.
To the contrary, your answers so far are flawed and in fact spurious and illegitimate.

It is not up to Mohhamed because he does not have the authority. Allah gives the answer in the quran by forbidding divisions among muslims. "As for those who divide their religion and break up into shias (sects), you have no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.” (Quran, 6:159)
So all groups by there very divided existence are all currently contradicting the Qur'an you say?

I am not a Muslim. I do not practice any religion. What do these questions have to do with this "should we fear Islam" thread?
Why would you want to discuss and defend a story book from a religion you don't believe is legitimate and haven't joined yourself?

Ba'al

To the contrary, your answers so far are flawed and in fact spurious and illegitimate.

No, it is your answers that are flawed. You continue to get information about Islam from peoples opinions rather than the source. Weak.

So all groups by there very divided existence are all currently contradicting the Qur'an you say?

No, they are going against the qurans teachings.

Why would you want to discuss and defend a story book from a religion you don't believe is legitimate and haven't joined yourself?

Because I prefer to educate myself on a subject before talking about it. After reading the quran it's easy to spot anti-Islam posts that are nonsense, and I'll correct them.

.lava

Veteran Member
The proofs so far in my excellent and legitimate arguments demonstrate that the man Mahomet was NOT a legitimate prophet and history and his own testimony condemns him.

We can have a bit of fun discussing your story book (Qur'an) if you wish?

that kind of fun is not really allowed in this forum. but maybe we can talk if you stop this "excellent" monolog of yours

Actually in the book I read for a college course, the historian argued that like most founders of new religions, Muhammad didn't intend to create a religion and would not recognize "Islam" since it was packaged and crystallized by his followers after his death.

Composer

No, it is your answers that are flawed. You continue to get information about Islam from peoples opinions rather than the source. Weak.
Untrue!

The legitimate evidence I have already presented was taken from -

Decline & Fall of Roman Empire, which is historical truth founded upon legitimate historical bona fide records.

&

So to with ' The Life of Mahomet ' by William Muir.

&

Mahomet's own testimony and infamous dictum, baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu. " If anyone changes his religion, kill him " is amply attested in Islamic tradition (cf. Bukhari vol. 9, bk. 84, no. 57)

&

Here's another extract from the Qur'an itself besides the wife bashing one (004.034) -

file:///C:/scriptural_data/islam_quran/koran_3_translations/009.qmt.htm#f1009.029
YUSUFALI: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
PICKTHAL: Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
SHAKIR: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

No, they are going against the qurans teachings.
#All_current_Islamic_groups_faulty: So according to you the non-Muslem, the current Muslems are all faulty and Mahomet would reject them all, thanks for that!

This is a special keeper for me!

Let's see how the various groups react to you telling them they are all in error and do not preach according to the Qur'an?

Because I prefer to educate myself on a subject before talking about it.
What evidence did you base your belief upon that the Qur'an was worth supporting as the literal Words of a God?

After reading the quran it's easy to spot anti-Islam posts that are nonsense, and I'll correct them.
You already have a full time job correcting every Muslem? (See: All_current_Islamic_groups_faulty above) so it is strange you question anti-Islam posts because fundamentally you just told us that you don't believe any current muslem groups/sects either?