• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

kai

ragamuffin
yes i agree. people should fear those that say their laws are in accordance to sharia but infact aren't.

YES we are in agreement That is indeed what we should fear ,those that use the perception of Islam and Sharia to empower themselves.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Wow, I get tired of reciting the same litany of horrors: Killing victims, denying women equal rights, extreme control of women's behavior, no freedom of belief...

OMG you again with the same nonsense?

did you even read the other posts after that one????

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
YES we are in agreement That is indeed what we should fear ,those that use the perception of Islam and Sharia to empower themselves.

autodidact, read Kai's post OK.

i wanted to frubal you kai but i can't at the moment. later ok

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Should we fear Islam?

Ask the families of the 36 killed today on the Moscow Metro bomb blasts

Islam = Peace

PROVE IT!

Cheers

.lava

Veteran Member
Should we fear Islam?

Ask the families of the 36 killed today on the Moscow Metro bomb blasts

Islam = Peace

PROVE IT!

Cheers

you see no problem with seeing all Muslims as terrorsits and you think we are the problem. the truth is terror loves noone and nobody loves terror. i see no relation between religion and terror. it is an act of ciminal and cruel people. being treated as if was guilty and responsible of what some people i don't even know do here and there, that's mentality of stone age as you name it

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
What I see as flawed in all religions is ambiguity, so it is open to broad interpretation, especially Islam. Looking at the discussion on the death sentence for the lebanese sorcerer says to me that the entire ideology is based on some very childish nonsense, gods, jins,devils angels are all regarded as REAL. Not even metaphors, but as if they actually exist. What superstitious nonsense. But this is only the tip of the ice berg. Islam preaches peace and practices war. So yes I do paint the entire ideology with the same brush. Silence to me is complicity.

Every day I hear of yet another atrocity. I know the west is not innocent but come on we don't go about murdering innocents deliberately in the name of our beliefs. If they occur they are due to accident or because insurgents hide amongst the civilian populace. On top of that we are accountable if it was done deliberately then there are severe consequences.

Look at the interference today with the gay and lesbian conference in Indonesia by militant Islamists. I wish you guys would grow up.

Cheers

.lava

Veteran Member
What I see as flawed in all religions is ambiguity, so it is open to broad interpretation, especially Islam. Looking at the discussion on the death sentence for the lebanese sorcerer says to me that the entire ideology is based on some very childish nonsense, gods, jins,devils angels are all regarded as REAL. Not even metaphors, but as if they actually exist. What superstitious nonsense. But this is only the tip of the ice berg. Islam preaches peace and practices war. So yes I do paint the entire ideology with the same brush. Silence to me is complicity.

Every day I hear of yet another atrocity. I know the west is not innocent but come on we don't go about murdering innocents deliberately in the name of our beliefs. If they occur they are due to accident or because insurgents hide amongst the civilian populace. On top of that we are accountable if it was done deliberately then there are severe consequences.

Look at the interference today with the gay and lesbian conference in Indonesia by militant Islamists. I wish you guys would grow up.

Cheers

dude, Chechen people are getting killed by Russians for over a decade now and only time you mention them is only when two Chechen do this attack in Moscow. and you think there is nothing wrong with you.

i am sorry, i really wish i could provide you more friendly manner with more opinions. but i am tired being treated like this. you are blind to us yet you think you know better. you block any channel by hating us, looking down upon us and treating all Muslims as terrorists. don't expect me to run after you to prove you how much i care for you

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
no country is ruled by sharia law. they do have some laws in accordance to sharia but no country has implemented the full sharia.

Esalam how about Saudi,Pakistan,Yemen,i think there are many more,so if you fancy a change of faith or have fallen in love with your next door neighbour or are a Homosexual and you live in any of these places don't bother buying a Hat because you won't need it :p

love

tri-polar optimist
Feds: Militia members sought to spark uprising - Security- msnbc.com

This was on msnbc this afternoon. I think all Christians should speak out about this un-Christian group. We have no reason to fear reprisal in the U. S. but I am afraid that is not the case in all Muslim countries. There are quacks everywhere but Islam seems to have more than their fair share or they really are practicing their faith. I pray the latter is not true.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I think all Christians should speak out against un-Christian groups like the Trinity Broadcasting Network, but few prominent ones have the nerve to take them on.

Agnostic75

.lava said:
I see no relation between religion and terror.

That is odd since some Muslim religious writings condone the physical abuse of homosexuals. In some Muslim countries, homosexuals are put to death.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I do fear unpredictability. I would not take a hug from a muslim that knew me beneath the surface, even if they were a friend. I would fear that Allah whispered in their ear that I was worthy of death, and that they could always be hiding a knife behind their back.

That is a sad way to feel.

*edit* this isn't particularly a unique feeling to muslims, but anyone who's beliefs condemn me, combined with a fundie mindset.

Last edited:
I do fear unpredictability. I would not take a hug from a muslim that knew me beneath the surface, even if they were a friend. I would fear that Allah whispered in their ear that I was worthy of death, and that they could always be hiding a knife behind their back.

That is a sad way to feel.

*edit* this isn't particularly a unique feeling to muslims, but anyone who's beliefs condemn me, combined with a fundie mindset.

why do you think a Muslim would want to kill you ??

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
you see no problem with seeing all Muslims as terrorsits and you think we are the problem. the truth is terror loves noone and nobody loves terror. i see no relation between religion and terror. it is an act of ciminal and cruel people. being treated as if was guilty and responsible of what some people i don't even know do here and there, that's mentality of stone age as you name it

I agree lava.
Islam is a religion of peace. Terror is the business of criminals.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
why do you think a Muslim would want to kill you ??

Apparently some Muslims believe Allah wants them to kill me because I am homosexual.

One odd thing about that is that the qur'an does not mention my sexuality at all, nevertheless the feel that it's Islamic to kill me. Doesn't sound safe to me.

Heck, in some Muslim countries, I could be given a hard time for going out in public without a head scarf, or without a man.

David69

Angel Of The North
Apparently some Muslims believe Allah wants them to kill me because I am homosexual.

One odd thing about that is that the qur'an does not mention my sexuality at all, nevertheless the feel that it's Islamic to kill me. Doesn't sound safe to me.

Heck, in some Muslim countries, I could be given a hard time for going out in public without a head scarf, or without a man.

There are millions of non muslims that would kill you for being homosexual also :yes:
---------

IMHO... and I dont know to many facts but I will try and get over my thought the best I can! I am not on about the average good Muslim btw... but the head cases or IMO the true evil that exists in all Religions!!!
I realised that some people kill for there God! They are in my opinion brain washed by the true evil manipulators of Religion!
So these manipulators have people beleive in end times as they see it or manipulate it... thats my point...
If "Islam" feels the end times is nigh, they will want to get the boot in first! I hear this side will do this and that side will do that and in the end there wont be much left apart from the winning manipulators!
Arnt these brainwashed societys and there manipulators going to soon act out what we know by the word of some God? We all have to fear the true evil!!! The world is preparing arnt they??? And I see often that the bigest talkers of hatred to others are wanting to wipe out everyone outside there "click!" It doesnt take a Rocket scientist to work out what is coming!
Tell you what... when I rule the world, the true evil will fall ;)

Wish I was better at getting my meaning over... should of went to school *sighs*
I'm sure yous are understanding my point! It all about power! and greed etc.
Is the word of so many Gods full of hate being acted out or what?
If I fear Islam it is for this reason.
David 69

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
I see no relation between religion and terror. it is an act of ciminal and cruel people. being treated as if was guilty and responsible of what some people i don't even know do here and there, that's mentality of stone age as you name it.

Despite your Islam being peaceful, these people are as committed to their Islam... and willing to kill infidels and themselves to prove it.

It is a version of Islam, and claiming it is not a version (and evil version versus a peacful one) is ignoring the facts. If Bin Ladin were asked if he was a muslim, what would he say? How much less committed is he to his faith than you are to yours?

Last edited: