• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
what version would that be exactly? how could using religion as your tool to commit crime, kill civilians (of course that's assuming he is the grand architect of 9/11) and manipulate people by abusing their hopeless situation as in Iraq make someone "religious" person in your opinion? IMO his name, Bin Laden, nothing but a trade mark after all.

For starters, he claims to be doing these things in the name of Islam, doesn't he? Why should I doubt him or his convictions? What's his hidden agenda? While I like your version MUCH better, what makes his version of Islam any less credible or authentic? Why is his version less valid?

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
ignorance, ignorance, please go away. (not you, but ingorance)

Sorry to jump in, but isn't this what she's talking about?

iran-pubic-hanging-homosexuals-249x173.jpg

Is someone able to translate the banner for us?

gay_hanging_iran.jpg

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Apparently some Muslims believe Allah wants them to kill me because I am homosexual.

One odd thing about that is that the qur'an does not mention my sexuality at all, nevertheless the feel that it's Islamic to kill me. Doesn't sound safe to me.

Heck, in some Muslim countries, I could be given a hard time for going out in public without a head scarf, or without a man.

ignorance, ignorance, please go away. (not you, but ingorance)
can you please stop with these silly statements.

yes the laws of islam say to kill a homosexual (only the government has such authority only after certain citeria are met.). the quran does mentione homosexuality, it mentions how those people were destroyed for being homosexual.
the islamic dress code says women must wea a head scarf. but why feel bad about it, it would be against your will just like muslim women are told not to wear it in some countries. muslim women are allowed to go out in public without a male companion. that sentence is plain ignorance. state the hadith if you dissagree.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I heard from somebody that isn't actually gay teenagers, it's the media lying. I can't be sure either way, but like I said, they only punish gay people for open sexual acts in public, and they punish straight people for that too. Same thing. Sex is private in an Islamic society.

Rainbow Mage

Atheism has a lot of crazies who think god-believers have a mental disorder and need medication. That's what I call crazy.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
I heard from somebody that isn't actually gay teenagers, it's the media lying. I can't be sure either way, but like I said, they only punish gay people for open sexual acts in public, and they punish straight people for that too. Same thing. Sex is private in an Islamic society.

We have close friends, Iranian friends, who immigrated to Canada a few years ago. They assure me that the killing of homosexuals is a reality, and that the media is not lying... and that those who claim this has not happened are the liars.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Despite your Islam being peaceful, these people are as committed to their Islam... and willing to kill infidels and themselves to prove it.

It is a version of Islam, and claiming it is not a version (and evil version versus a peacful one) is ignoring the facts. If Bin Ladin were asked if he was a muslim, what would he say? How much less committed is he to his faith than you are to yours?

ignoring the facts, really?

the whole of islam and it's laws and teachings have been written down on paper. if you'd like to learn about islam, you will find it written down. not in some anti-islamic website, but in a website that has the correct teachings of islam. there are no 2 sides there is only one side, one islam. but because it is to your convenience there are 2 sides.

ask bin laden what islam says about killing innocents. you will see how commited he is to his faith.

kai

ragamuffin
it is also basic Islamic principle not to kill civilians. besides, i don't see how 9/11 is self-defense

Ni you wouldn't Lava but he does,

He considers there to be a war against Muslims in Lebanon and Palestine so he as part of the ummah is entitled to attack Israel and the US as defending those Lebanese and Palestinians.Thats using the self defence argument.

His Fatwa

“The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies—civilians and military—is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it.”

however is clearly not justifiable in any Islamic sense that i can find.

Rainbow Mage

Well as I mentioned, straight people get punished too for open public acts in Islamic socities. Were the gay people executed commiting sex acts in public? I'm gay, so I'm in no way condoning this, I'm just saying, if you live in an Islamic society where you know what the law says about open sexual acts and you do it anyway, you broke the law knowingly.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
ignoring the facts, really?

the whole of islam and it's laws and teachings have been written down on paper. if you'd like to learn about islam, you will find it written down. not in some anti-islamic website, but in a website that has the correct teachings of islam. there are no 2 sides there is only one side, one islam. but because it is to your convenience there are 2 sides.

ask bin laden what islam says about killing innocents. you will see how commited he is to his faith.

Sorry, I don't read ancient arabic... your god felt I was not important enough to communicate with. In any case, my interpretation of Islam would be irrelevant... it's Bin Ladens interpretation that's relevant. Your version is not as big a threat and has less potential impact on me.

Rainbow Mage

I don't know about that esalam. I've heard some schools of Islam be less strict and say that all is required of a Muslim is to profess Tawheed, practice the pillars, and affirm the prophethood of all prophets.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
muslims judge one another by actions, if his actions aren't in accordance to islam then he is not a muslim.

As I expected... niether a Yes or a No. Regardless, he says his actions are in accordance with islam, and that he is a muslim. Nothing has shown me he is any less credible than any other muslim (although I'm thankful there are less of him and more of you).

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
That is odd since some Muslim religious writings condone the physical abuse of homosexuals. In some Muslim countries, homosexuals are put to death.

looking at a house from 2 different sides and giving 2 different descriptions isn't a problem. one side may have a window the other might not, thats the difference.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Well as I mentioned, straight people get punished too for open public acts in Islamic socities. Were the gay people executed commiting sex acts in public? I'm gay, so I'm in no way condoning this, I'm just saying, if you live in an Islamic society where you know what the law says about open sexual acts and you do it anyway, you broke the law knowingly.

Do you honestly think that homosexuals in Iran carry out homosexual acts in public? I doubt that very much and in True sharia you need 4 witnesses to such acts. Judge Iran by Iranian standards because they do.

.lava

Veteran Member
For starters, he claims to be doing these things in the name of Islam, doesn't he? Why should I doubt him or his convictions? What's his hidden agenda? While I like your version MUCH better, what makes his version of Islam any less credible or authentic? Why is his version less valid?

that's what i mean when i say "using religion as a tool". here they say, if you want to understand reasons, check out the results. look at the results of his actions. did he really serve Islam? you tell me. what happened after 9/11? what happened to Iraq was serving Islam? why did not he be there with his fellow brothers to fight USA and gain great honor of Shahadat for instance?

his ways contradict Qur'an. Qur'an is what's valid if we are to talk about what Islam is. a Muslim who follow whole of the book as Qur'an commands can not say "All is fair in war"

Rainbow Mage

Well then Iran is going against the Koran, Kai. The Koran says not to judge anybody for sex inside the house, only if they do it publically, and there's four witnesses to verify. This doesn't surprise me, so-called Islamic countries do a lot of un-Islamic things.