• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Thats what i meant

kai, my full statement was:

"we can't call a muslim non-muslim if we "think" he is only pretending to be"

meaning he does the rituals but may be a double face, we cannot know if he is a double face nor call him a non-muslim if his actions are like those of every other muslim.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
i don't read ancient arabic neither, i read english. my god is not limited only to those who speak/understand arabic. he understands all languages.

there is not 'your' or 'mine' or 'his' interpretation. there is one interpretation as i said earlier, only one islam. anyone who says differently to this islam is not a muslim and does not follow islam at all.

Baloney... when reading ANYTHING, different people will interpret the same text in different ways based on a number of factors. It's what human beings do. And anyone claiming that the Koran is any different is plainly and simply wrong.

FaRa13

Baloney... when reading ANYTHING, different people will interpret the same text in different ways based on a number of factors. It's what human beings do. And anyone claiming that the Koran is any different is plainly and simply wrong.
this is a common sense statement. Some will see grass as not being green. Whats your point ?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Well then Iran is going against the Koran, Kai. The Koran says not to judge anybody for sex inside the house, only if they do it publically, and there's four witnesses to verify. This doesn't surprise me, so-called Islamic countries do a lot of un-Islamic things.

all islamic countries do alot of un-islamic things.

with homosexuality though, one does not need to have sex in public to punish him. anyone who displays characteristics of a homosexual, must prove that he is not. otherwise if there are evidence against him/her and he/she doesn't leave the homosexual way of life (being homosexual) there is a possibility that he/she will be punished, with death most likely.

i read this once, but i don't know where so unfortnately i can't post a link.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So what is the cause of the current growth in Islam? What makes you sure it's not more radical versions which are adding to the numbers? Or pure breeding in less-developed 3rd world countries, the same countries with terrible human rights records? Where is Islam growing? What regions of the world? Lets look at the stats in detail... do you have a link to some numbers?

germans rapidly becoming muslim. a friend of mine is an imam there in a mosque. almost every week he will get anywhere between 2 and above numer of people going there to convert. since 9/11 about 200,000 US nationals convert to islam every year.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
let me revise that. There is one meaning. There are several interpretations. Interpretation can be an opinion, which is subject to human error.

And the writer's meaning is also an opinion and many would argue subject to human error as well.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
From the link I provede earlier...

"Probably the most infamous part of Bin Laden's ideology is that civilians, including women and children, are legitimate targets of jihad.[26][27] Bin Laden is antisemitic, and has delivered warnings against alleged Jewish conspiracies: "These Jews are masters of usury and leaders in treachery. They will leave you nothing, either in this world or the next."

there you have it then.

kai

ragamuffin
all islamic countries do alot of un-islamic things.

with homosexuality though, one does not need to have sex in public to punish him. anyone who displays characteristics of a homosexual, must prove that he is not. otherwise if there are evidence against him/her and he/she doesn't leave the homosexual way of life (being homosexual) there is a possibility that he/she will be punished, with death most likely.

i read this once, but i don't know where so unfortnately i can't post a link.

What? eselam how can you make such a post without a source ? you know that's going to cause uproar.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

the quran and the hadith (which is where islamc laws and teachings have it's roots from) have been explained, they have only one interpretation. they are not a novel that let you decide what the ending is. they have clearly and simply been explained.

.lava

Veteran Member
But my point is he doesn't think his ways contradict the teachings of Islam.

you can't possibly know that. as i said, one must enter his mind to find out.

I don't know if they do or don't, and see it as your interpretation against his.

60:8 Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers.

5:8 O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

49:14 The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts; and if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not diminish aught of your deeds; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

9:97 The Arabs of the desert are the worst in Unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which Allah hath sent down to His Messenger: But Allah is All-knowing, All-Wise.

9:98 Some of the desert Arabs look upon their payments as a fine, and watch for disasters for you: on them be the disaster of evil: for Allah is He That heareth and knoweth (all things).

4:142 Surely the hypocrites strive to deceive Allah, and He shall requite their deceit to them, and when they stand up to prayer they stand up sluggishly; they do it only to be seen of men and do not remember Allah save a little.

these are just a few verses from Qur'an. btw translation is poor. an important detail here is concept of Munafiq. this word is translated as "hypocrite" but munafiq is a special name used for people who pretend to be Muslims. so maybe it gives you an insight.

But I will state the obvious... he did a lot of harm to the perception of Islam by us infidels.

Irrelevant to who's version is correct or more valid though.

yes, that's what's obvious. that is not serving Islam

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
germans rapidly becoming muslim. a friend of mine is an imam there in a mosque. almost every week he will get anywhere between 2 and above numer of people going there to convert. since 9/11 about 200,000 US nationals convert to islam every year.

I spend a lot of time in Germany and I'm pretty sure there are not too many blond, blue-eyed Muslims. Any significant increase in muslims in Germany would be from immigration, as is the case in many western European countries. As for 200,000 in the US, while I'd like to see the source of the number, they actually seem low, and in any case insignificant in the grand sceme of things... the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have sadly probably removed more than that many muslims from the worlds population.