• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

FaRa13

I spend a lot of time in Germany and I'm pretty sure there are not too many blond, blue-eyed Muslims. Any significant increase in muslims in Germany would be from immigration, as is the case in many western European countries. As for 200,000 in the US, while I'd like to see the source of the number, they actually seem low, and in any case insignificant in the grand sceme of things... the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have sadly probably removed more than that many muslims from the worlds population.
" I spend a lot of time" lol this is a good one. Like some German convert would walk up to you and tell you about his experience converting to Islam.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
I would provide numbers but you have been to Germany and have accounted for first hand hence my numbers wouldnt matter ;)

In the absence of any real numbers, I thought my personal observation was at least as valid as yours. ;)

Seriously, if you come across some numbers I'd be interested as I think we are both guessing. Gotta sign off now. Bye.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I spend a lot of time in Germany and I'm pretty sure there are not too many blond, blue-eyed Muslims. Any significant increase in muslims in Germany would be from immigration, as is the case in many western European countries. As for 200,000 in the US, while I'd like to see the source of the number, they actually seem low, and in any case insignificant in the grand sceme of things... the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have sadly probably removed more than that many muslims from the worlds population.

oh hey my bad for the US figure, it's actually 20,000.

[youtube]Rfx4glTU5JQ[/youtube]
YouTube - NBC NEWS: 20000 Americans Convert To ISLAM Each Year !

[SIZE=+1]Rise in Germans converting to Islam
[/SIZE]
Regional-Germany, Religion, 1/13/2007
There has been a surge in the number of Germans converting to Islam, the weekly Der Spiegel today cited an Interior Ministry-sponsored study.

Around 4,000 Germans converted to Islam between July 2004 and June 2005 which is four times as many as in the prior space of time, said the study which was conducted by the Islam-Archive Central Institute, based in the western town of Soest.
Rise in Germans converting to Islam

Muslims may become majority in Germany by 2046: study

Submitted by Majaz on Mon, 01/15/2007 - 23:02.
Berlin, Jan 15, IRNA ,
Muslims could become a majority in Germany as early as 2046, the Berlin-based B.Z quoted Monday an interior ministry-financed study as saying.

Muslims may become majority in Germany by 2046: study | Indian Muslimshttp://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/070113/2007011304.html

FaRa13

In the absence of any real numbers, I thought my personal observation was at least as valid as yours. ;)

Seriously, if you come across some numbers I'd be interested as I think we are both guessing. Gotta sign off now. Bye.
haha, nice one. I will look around and I'd be happy to post them. Goodnight

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You people that ask the question "should we fear islam" have been simply brain washed by the media. You fail to think outside the box and you let others think for you. You are stereotypical and have no first hand accounts. You are "fearing" a religion based on the representation of a small percentage of people. In that case then, I shall open a new thread: "Should I fear leaving my child with a Catholic." hahahahah
And here you are, pushing your own stereotype.
Funny that.

So I have to agree, it is funny how you are absolutely no better than those whom you whine about.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I think FaRa was showing that it's ridicilous to believe everything the media says about either Islam or Catholicism. Don't get me wrong, I'm a liberal, but the truth of the matter is the media is out to discredit all religion these days. They want people to believe any and all religion is the enemy. Notice they only make a big deal on the news when a religion does something bad, they hardly ever mention the good things religions do.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Nice try, but the Quran is free from human error is at was written by Allah. Dont bother arguing that.
Nice try, but this nothing more than your opinion.

I understand that it is of no use pointing out fact and truth to those who refuse to see them.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
the quran and the hadith (which is where islamc laws and teachings have it's roots from) have been explained, they have only one interpretation.
This is nothing more than wishful thinking.
Unless of course you agree with the Muslims suicide bombers....

they are not a novel that let you decide what the ending is.
Says you.

they have clearly and simply been explained.
Again, this is nothing more than wishful thinking on your part.

See, a big huge part of the problem is that there are far to many like you who prefer to ignore the problems Islam faces.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Despite your Islam being peaceful, these people are as committed to their Islam... and willing to kill infidels and themselves to prove it.

It is a version of Islam, and claiming it is not a version (and evil version versus a peacful one) is ignoring the facts. If Bin Ladin were asked if he was a muslim, what would he say? How much less committed is he to his faith than you are to yours?

And who has the power or right to decide that he's wrong and you're right?