• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

should women rule the world?

uberrobonomicon4000

Just listening to the radio. Jian Ghomeshi said he thinks the world would be a better place if women were in charge. Then he summed up the outraged response he got from angry men on twitter, swearing, calling him names, etc. He and his producer joked that kind of proves the point.

How about you? Do you think it would be better? Worse? How would it be different?

Happy international women's day!
It would be A LOT better. I could chill at the house and do whatever I want as long as I have G.R.I.T.S. --> Girls Raised in the South. Which is basically any type of nationality and personality you can possibly think of.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Just listening to the radio. Jian Ghomeshi said he thinks the world would be a better place if women were in charge. Then he summed up the outraged response he got from angry men on twitter, swearing, calling him names, etc. He and his producer joked that kind of proves the point.

How about you? Do you think it would be better? Worse? How would it be different?

I guess it couldn't hurt. So many men have ****** things over when given near-absolute power.

And BTW, to those poor babies who responded in anger, get over it already. Nobody's taking your rights away, except for the right to kill people and blow **** up.

Wannabe Yogi

I think it would be somewhat better. Just remember some of the woman who have clawed there way to the top have been just as bad as any man.

Margaret Thatcher
Indira Gandhi
Sarah Palin

Just to name three.

Alceste

Vagabond
I think it would be somewhat better. Just remember some of the woman who have clawed there way to the top have been just as bad as any man.

Margaret Thatcher
Indira Gandhi
Sarah Palin

Just to name three.

What was wrong with Ghandi? I just read the wiki on her life and it sounds like she did a great job. She's remembered very fondly in India and achieved some amazing things in an incredibly challenging time.

Also, "clawed their way to the top" is a really strange way to put it. Is that how you think men get elected as well, or is the claw metaphor reserved for female leaders?

As for Thatcher, yeah, she was freaking awful, but no more awful than conservatives ever are. Palin was plucked out of obscurity by old misogynistic white men because they thought she would be able to trick women into voting for John McCain. I don't consider her a leader of anything. Certainly, she did a terrible job as governor, but once again, no more terrible than any other conservative with a bit of power and influence.

Wannabe Yogi

What was wrong with Ghandi?

Gandhi called a state of emergency from 1975 to 1977 during which she ruled by decree. She also engaged in forced sterilization of the poor. Some make arguments that she did what was needed. But my God forced sterilization family planning is still suffering in India because of it.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Gandhi called a state of emergency from 1975 to 1977 during which she ruled by decree. She also engaged in forced sterilization of the poor. Some make arguments that she did what was needed. But my God forced sterilization family planning is still suffering in India because of it.

I was spot on then. :)

Alceste

Vagabond

I think the emergency is ambiguous in that there actually was an economic emergency at least, and she seems to have stopped it. On the other hand, arresting protesters is rotten no matter who is doing it. It's not uniquely rotten, though. Harper did it in Toronto - arrested and detained a thousand people for protesting, many of whom were just strolling down the street minding their own business.

Forced sterilization is unconscionable. I completely agree. On the other hand, it was common for most of the last century, including Canada and the United States. So while that is bad leadership, I can't see it as unusually bad leadership.

I was asking if there was anything female leaders had done along the lines of Pol Pot and Kim Jong Un. Not making similar mistakes to Stephen Harper and the governors of a dozen American states from 1920 to 1983.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I think the emergency is ambiguous in that there actually was an economic emergency at least, and she seems to have stopped it. On the other hand, arresting protesters is rotten no matter who is doing it. It's not uniquely rotten, though. Harper did it in Toronto - arrested and detained a thousand people for protesting, many of whom were just strolling down the street minding their own business.

Forced sterilization is unconscionable. I completely agree. On the other hand, it was common for most of the last century, including Canada and the United States. So while that is bad leadership, I can't see it as unusually bad leadership.

I was asking if there was anything female leaders had done along the lines of Pol Pot and Kim Jong Un.
Not making similar mistakes to Stephen Harper and the governors of a dozen American states from 1920 to 1983.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

That was not the subject of your conversation with him.

;)

Wannabe Yogi

I was asking if there was anything female leaders had done along the lines of Pol Pot and Kim Jong Un. Not making similar mistakes to Stephen Harper and the governors of a dozen American states from 1920 to 1983.

I believe that women would be less likely to be like Pol Pot and Kim Jong Un.
In general I trust women more then men. Still I would vote for Bernie Sanders over any American Female politician I could think of.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe that women would be less likely to be like Pol Pot and Kim Jong Un.
At first they wouldn't.....but womens is fast learners.
Before you know it, Polly Pot & Kimmy Jong Un would be oppressing the masses as did their menfolk.

Last edited:

Mercy Not Sacrifice

What was wrong with Ghandi? I just read the wiki on her life and it sounds like she did a great job. She's remembered very fondly in India and achieved some amazing things in an incredibly challenging time.

Also, "clawed their way to the top" is a really strange way to put it. Is that how you think men get elected as well, or is the claw metaphor reserved for female leaders?

As for Thatcher, yeah, she was freaking awful, but no more awful than conservatives ever are. Palin was plucked out of obscurity by old misogynistic white men because they thought she would be able to trick women into voting for John McCain. I don't consider her a leader of anything. Certainly, she did a terrible job as governor, but once again, no more terrible than any other conservative with a bit of power and influence.

The Republicans that patronized Sarah Palin are the same ones who say, "Hey, look we have a black candidate too! See, we're not racist!" :rolleyes:

Alceste

Vagabond

That was not the subject of your conversation with him.

;)

I think you'll find that was my original question, to which Rakhel offered the example of Gandhi, after which I requested information on what she had done to put her in that kind of category, after which you and Yogi offered the state of emergency.

I'm simply concluding that she was not in the same category as Pol Pot or Kim Jong Un after all, but rather in the category of Stephen Harper. ;)

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

no i dont think women should be ruling the world, absolutely not.

and nor should men! ;)