• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who died for our sins before Jesus? JW.

Vor

It says in the bible and many may have heard that Jesus died for our sins. Being crucified on a cross for his beliefs in order to keep Gods people safe, from sin... So what was going on before Jesus, before the bible was even written? I'm just a curious soul looking for the truth.

Before the bible was written, wow, thats like 5,000 years ago. Maybe a historian would be able to help

Francine

Prophet Jesus never died on the cross. He survived.

I believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, and suffered under Pontious Pilot. He was crucified, died and was buried. The third day he rose again from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.

logician

It says in the bible and many may have heard that Jesus died for our sins. Being crucified on a cross for his beliefs in order to keep Gods people safe, from sin... So what was going on before Jesus, before the bible was even written? I'm just a curious soul looking for the truth.

Actually a good question, as it is a question of logic Christianity cannot overcome.

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
I am reviving an old thread I know, but I have just never thought about this before. Why in the Nine Hells did people think that killing another living thing makes their "sin" repented for?! Why must something else be sacrificed for each persons mistakes? I am just really mind-blown. Well i screwed up so I'm gonna go sarifice that sheep....:sad4: i wouldn't have made it. I'd have been the most sin filled person in the world, and probably been burned at the stake before i sacrificed an animal for something stupid I did.

Tigeress, are you a vegitarian? It's like saying a prayer before a meal. Sacrificing an animal to GOD is a way to show worship and gratitude. The meat is shared amongst neighbors and consumed.

kai

ragamuffin
it depends what country you lived in and what religion you followed most people answer from the point of view of being a jew when they clearly are not jewish, or do not live in that area of influence before and during the life of jesus , jews followed the law layed down by judaism , and that included jesus , after jesus died then the christians decided to form their own religion. so really i am not sure where you live but it would not have been christian, probably a celtic or roman influenced religion

Francine

well not many religions killed animals to releive them of their sins, to make their crops grow or divination yes, the whole world wasnt jewish

The Israelites killed men to make their crops grow. There was a famine that ran for three straight years. King David made his inquiries, and the LORD answered, "It is for Saul, and for his bloody house, because he slew the Gibeonites."

So the king called the Gibeonites in and asked them what he could do to make them whole again. They didn't want any gold or silver from Saul's estate. Instead they said, "The man that consumed us, and that devised against us that we should be destroyed from remaining in any of the coasts of Israel, let seven men of his sons be delivered unto us, and we will hang them up unto the LORD in Gibeah of Saul."

So the king took the two sons of Rizpah and the five sons of Michal, which they bore unto Saul, and delivered them to the Gibeonites. They hanged them on the hill before the LORD and were put to death in the beginning of the barley harvest. And after David took the bones of the hanged men and buried them with the bones of Saul and Jonathan, "God was intreated for the land."

Sola'lor

LDSUJC

LDS scriptures explain some of what happened before the Bible and before the Earth.

kai

ragamuffin
The Israelites killed men to make their crops grow. There was a famine that ran for three straight years. King David made his inquiries, and the LORD answered, "It is for Saul, and for his bloody house, because he slew the Gibeonites."

So the king called the Gibeonites in and asked them what he could do to make them whole again. They didn't want any gold or silver from Saul's estate. Instead they said, "The man that consumed us, and that devised against us that we should be destroyed from remaining in any of the coasts of Israel, let seven men of his sons be delivered unto us, and we will hang them up unto the LORD in Gibeah of Saul."

So the king took the two sons of Rizpah and the five sons of Michal, which they bore unto Saul, and delivered them to the Gibeonites. They hanged them on the hill before the LORD and were put to death in the beginning of the barley harvest. And after David took the bones of the hanged men and buried them with the bones of Saul and Jonathan, "God was intreated for the land."
thats only relevant in israel we were building stonehenge etc its amazing how most posters on this thread have answered as if they were israelites before jesus

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
it depends what country you lived in and what religion you followed most people answer from the point of view of being a jew when they clearly are not jewish, or do not live in that area of influence before and during the life of jesus , jews followed the law layed down by judaism , and that included jesus , after jesus died then the christians decided to form their own religion. so really i am not sure where you live but it would not have been christian, probably a celtic or roman influenced religion

Actually Jesus did NOT follow "the law layed down by Judaism". He formed a NEW Covenant with GOD. No longer was it an "eye for an eye", but a NEW radical way of thinking. "Turn the other cheek." and "Love your enemies."

Francine

thats only relevant in israel we were building stonehenge etc its amazing how most posters on this thread have answered as if they were israelites before jesus

Where did I learn that? Oh yeah, I get beat up for being gay.

kai

ragamuffin
Actually Jesus did NOT follow "the law layed down by Judaism". He formed a NEW Covenant with GOD. No longer was it an "eye for an eye", but a NEW radical way of thinking. "Turn the other cheek." and "Love your enemies."
Jesus did no such thing you are referring to the pauline church not the religion OF Jesus but the religion about Jesus

crystalonyx

This was NOT a new radical way of thinking, these "golden rule " ideas were prevalant long before Christianity came upon the scene.

Yeshua_Lives

Left the Forum
This was NOT a new radical way of thinking, these "golden rule " ideas were prevalant long before Christianity came upon the scene.

What people were these "golden rule" ideas prevalent amongst? Also, did anyone ever get sacrificed for their belief in these "golden rules"?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Nonsense. He did not come to do away with the laws but to fulfill them. Atleast that's what is written.

Jeremy Mason

I agree with DreGod07 about Jesus having to fulfill the laws.

In regards to crystalonyx comment about the "golden rule" and it being "prevalant long before Christianity came upon the scene". It is written (Romans 2:15)"(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written in their hearts, their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)" So yes, these laws have existed before Christianity came on the scene because God wrote the law in the hearts of men and women, Jew and gentile.

kai

ragamuffin
i will ask one more time why you are all strangely talking as if you are Israelites or at least Semitic, what were they doing in your country before Jesus came to die for your sins? not what were they doing in Israel before Jesus came to die for your sins?