• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me see if I got this correct:

I'm offering to work with you to walk through our arguments.

You're proposing to have me do all the work and review the thread?

Is that correct?

No. How would you saying what you disagree with and me responding mean "you do all the work?" That isn't logical, sir.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
No. How would you saying what you disagree with and me responding mean "you do all the work?" That isn't logical, sir.

I guess there is a typo in your sentence? Can you rephrase that? Sincerely, thanks!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess there is a typo in your sentence? Can you rephrase that? Sincerely, thanks!

Oh boy. This failure to understand me is gonna be a real problem.

I'm not going to re-explain the same things over to you that I already explained and that you already conceded. My time is more valuable than that. So given what I've already explained, the evidence I've already shown, and what you've already conceded, right here in this thread, if there's something more that you disagree with that I've said that you want to know more about, you're welcome to bring that up and ask me about it or give me the evidence or reasoning as to why you don't agree. Beyond that, I'm not re-starting the discussion all the way over at square one with you.

Is that clearer now?

icehorse

Premium Member
Oh boy. This failure to understand me is gonna be a real problem.

I'm not going to re-explain the same things over to you that I already explained and that you already conceded. My time is more valuable than that. So given what I've already explained, the evidence I've already shown, and what you've already conceded, right here in this thread, if there's something more that you disagree with that I've said that you want to know more about, you're welcome to bring that up and ask me about it or give me the evidence or reasoning as to why you don't agree. Beyond that, I'm not re-starting the discussion all the way over at square one with you.

Is that clearer now?

IMO you just rewrote history.

So guess this means you will not take me up on my offer? If so, I consider your behavior to be a sort of fly-by, and I'll keep that in mind.

Have a fine day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But for the sake of kids with GD, we CAN and SHOULD compare the efficacy of the full GAC approach to talk therapy only. This is a completely measurable and important set of facts we should have, and do not.
And let's leave that to pros, OK?
And this "full GAC" thing, that is nit a medical concept or term.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
hahaha -

wait, I thought we were in a debate forum, no?
If I started a thread about my friend with a heart condition, should we have a debate about what medication he takes, the dosage, about whether or not he should take medication at all?

We don't have to debate everything.

icehorse

Premium Member
If I started a thread about my friend with a heart condition, should we have a debate about what medication he takes, the dosage, about whether or not he should take medication at all?

We don't have to debate everything.
Agreed. But GAC is clearly an important topic - it's coming up in state legislature after state legislature. It's not a one off topic, it has sweeping implications.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
IMO you just rewrote history.

Anyone can read the thread and see I didn't.

So guess this means you will not take me up on my offer? If so, I consider your behavior to be a sort of fly-by, and I'll keep that in mind.

I take it this means you won't take me up on mine? I can't control your impressions. If you have something new to contribute, out with it. Otherwise it's a waste of my time. If I don't reply further, understand that is the reason why.

Have a fine day.

Toodles.

icehorse

Premium Member
No, you're ignorant. Like not realizing how old GAC actually is. And your thinking you are stuck speculating.
You are ignorant of this topic.

I asked you to respond to the WPATH statement concerning the SOC and GAC for youth. You have not. Get over yourself and stop making personal attacks. If you have ideas to debate, bring 'em.

icehorse

Premium Member
I take it this means you won't take me up on mine? I can't control your impressions. If you have something new to contribute, out with it. Otherwise it's a waste of my time. If I don't reply further, understand that is the reason why.

Your offer is quite one-sided and mine shares in the responsibility to clear up any miscommunications.

Who made you the king of anything?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I asked you to respond to the WPATH statement concerning the SOC and GAC for youth. You have not. Get over yourself and stop making personal attacks. If you have ideas to debate, bring 'em.
It's not personal. You get too much basic stuff wrong to be informed. You also have consistently shot down good faith discussion.
I'm not repeating an answer I already gave.