• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It doesn't make sense to you that a racist, then and now, gets uncomfortable around black people and the only appropriate response is to tell the racist "oh well, get over yourself"?

Your point is.....? (relating to what's being discussed)

Laniakea

Not of this world
That your point is a bad one amd not worth consideration. Catering to bigots is a no.

What I said was:
Making someone uncomfortable used to be equated with hate.
Women also used to be considered the oppressed gender.
Have they suddenly become not-so-useful for pushing leftist agendas?

You clearly don't mind using hate when it suits your purposes.
Nobody will respect you for that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You need to stop using a sledgehammer, and start applying the nuance that is required for this topic to be discussed honestly.
There's no discussing it honestly with you. You have made that very clear and obvious. You have weaponized women, children and gays; you erected a crude boogeyman and call it transactivists; you lump everyone who disagrees with into one big team; you have labeled everyone who disagrees a misogynist and homophobe; you claim to be informed but you've made it very obvious you aren't and have largely and mostly dismissed all efforts to help you learn.
Did I miss anything?

Shadow Wolf

What I said was:

You clearly don't mind using hate when it suits your purposes.
Nobody will respect you for that.
Making someone uncomfortable isn't a blanket, catch all thing. Some people get uncomfortable around gays. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable around Asians. Oh well. Some are uncomfortable around Muslims. Oh well. Some people arw uncomfortable around witches. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable with left handedness. Oh well. Some people uncomfortable around trans people. It's the same oh well, those people with a problem can get over themselves.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Making someone uncomfortable isn't a blanket, catch all thing. Some people get uncomfortable around gays. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable around Asians. Oh well. Some are uncomfortable around Muslims. Oh well. Some people arw uncomfortable around witches. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable with left handedness. Oh well. Some people uncomfortable around trans people. It's the same oh well, those people with a problem can get over themselves.

Fine. Then you can get over people calling you confused, or a denier of reality, or people calling you a man when you want to be called a woman. Get over yourself.

Shadow Wolf

Fine. Then you can get over people calling you confused, or a denier of reality, or people calling you a man when you want to be called a woman. Get over yourself.
The difference, of course and obviously but yoi seem oblivious, is that when someone isn't harming another or doing something to actually bother others, such as hatred furries are often subjected to, it's considered bigotry and intolerance to throw out what you did because it's showing hatred to someone who's done nothing to you.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The difference, of course and obviously but yoi seem oblivious, is that when someone isn't harming another or doing something to actually bother others, such as hatred furries are often subjected to, it's considered bigotry and intolerance to throw out what you did because it's showing hatred to someone who's done nothing to you.
Now you're going to play victim by claiming to be "harmed" because someone used their free speech rights to say something you found uncomfortable.
Face it, you want special rights based on what you think. People in prison who have been convicted of sex crimes would like that as well. But society has standards.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
There's no discussing it honestly with you. You have made that very clear and obvious. You have weaponized women, children and gays; you erected a crude boogeyman and call it transactivists; you lump everyone who disagrees with into one big team; you have labeled everyone who disagrees a misogynist and homophobe; you claim to be informed but you've made it very obvious you aren't and have largely and mostly dismissed all efforts to help you learn.
Did I miss anything?
a big steaming heap of strawman arguments

Shadow Wolf

Now you're going to play victim by claiming to be "harmed" because someone used their free speech rights to say something you found uncomfortable.
Face it, you want special rights based on what you think. People in prison who have been convicted of sex crimes would like that as well. But society has standards.
It seems basic human decency is lost on you.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It seems basic human decency is lost on you.
As someone recently told me concerning the same issues from their point of view, "Oh well".

But I guess it's ok if you have that attitude.
Morality and basic human decency is always one-sided with people like you. And you wonder why people don't accept you. :cry::cry::cry:
Get over yourself.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

As someone recently told me concerning the same issues from their point of view, "Oh well".

But I guess it's ok if you have that attitude.
Morality and basic human decency is always one-sided with people like you. And you wonder why people don't accept you. :cry::cry::cry:
Get over yourself.
You really don't see the difference, do you?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What part of "advocating for transitioning" did you not understand?

The REAL GOAL for helping kids with GD is NOT to transition them, it's to make them feel better, right?
You seem confused. If a medical expert determines that the best way to make them feel better IS to transition them, then that is the best treatment. Were you under the impression that doctors should just ignore those instances and, instead, always refuse to give the best possible care? You think it's the job of doctors to deliberately avoid giving the best treatment to their patients?

For pretty obvious reasons. When trying a new drug, you don't already have decades of living examples of people taking that drug to compare it to, and it's pretty easy to just get a hundred or so people to form a control group and easily observe the effects of that drug. Whereas, for broad sweeping practice and care, you have that same population before and after. This is obvious.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
hahaha - so we can't use control groups, except apparently you discovered that we can ? hahaha
Oh look, it's one of those strawmen you're so fond of falsely accusing others of using.

I never said we CAN'T use control groups, it's that control groups tend only to be used for small-scale studies rather than large-scale policy and practice. That WAS an example of a small case study.

Ok, so here's the thing with this study, it's also ASSUMING that transitioning is the answer. It's a study that looks at social transitioning.
Yes. That's a form of transitioning. The clue is in the name.

"Provide studies that say trasitioning works!"
"Okay, here are some studies."
"Those don't count, because they don't have control groups!"
"Okay, here is one with control groups."
"That study is just ASSUMING transitioning is the answer!"

Dude, it's so transparent that you have zero actual response to facts and have no interest in lending any credibility to any scientific study that doesn't confirm what you WANT to believe. You are 100% feels over reals.

Why do you keep pretending you care about facts when you make every effort possible to dismiss any that contradict what you believe?

A confused gay kid with GD does NOT benefit from social transitioning, ffs.
Obviously, which is why it's generally not recommended medically for "confused gay kids", ffs.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
In science individual stories are referred to as anecdotal evidence and as such are evidence of very low quality.

Also you:
I understand that this video is anecdotal. But it turns out that there are many stories like this, and we should think twice when we hear that GAC is safe...

So, when it's anecdotal evidence against your assumptions, it's "evidence of very low quality". When it's anecdotal evidence you agree with, it's suddenly credible and worth consideration with regards to whether GAC is safe.

Meanwhile, the SEVEN MEDICAL STUDIES I provided on page 29 are... Apparently, not even worth remarking on, because you completely ignored them.

100% feels over facts.

Firenze

Premium Member
How I stand on that question isn't actually related to the question I posed you, and I see your reply to be the evasion that you know it is.

A teacher outing a child who identifies as trans to their parents when the child wants to remain closeted is wrong. Do you agree?
This question is actually entirely unrelated to GAC, and is about identity and outing.
Icehorse has never had to cradle weeping trans kids in his arms who were violently thrown out on the street by their loving and Christlike parents….