• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina OKs ban on gender affirming care.

Firenze

Premium Member
Sigh... The article makes a series of specific factual claims. It does not matter who utters a factual claim, the only thing that matters is whether the claim is true or false.

Several months back I started a thread asking people to explain exactly what JKR has said that's transphobic. Crickets. You are welcome to support your claim with evidence. From what I've seen JKR has said nothing against trans people, she has only pushed back on trans activists.

==

The link you provided sheds is useful, thanks. My link was focused only on murders.

But trans activism is not making the situation better, it's making it worse, it's spreading ill will.
Ay caramba. I seriously doubt anyone had trouble pointing out her transphobia. This article states facts - not just claims - and a lot of them. I admit I stopped reading the litany of her bigotry when I saw her like the tweet saying “Trans women are rapists”. You’re welcome to embrace her hatred.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You'd protect gays, because you've weaponized them in many threads, but trans you care so little for you'd steal from them coming out on their own terns when they are ready and comfortable doing so.
You use this word a lot, it seems you use it against others but don't see it in your posts? So how would you describe "weaponizing", because I think you're more guilty of it than I am?

If the child is keeping it a secret from the parents there's probably a very good reason for that but you don't care.
Yet another strawman!!

icehorse

Premium Member
Ay caramba. I seriously doubt anyone had trouble pointing out her transphobia. This article states facts - not just claims - and a lot of them. I admit I stopped reading the litany of her bigotry when I saw her like the tweet saying “Trans women are rapists”. You’re welcome to embrace her hatred.

Many (if not all), of her claims are true. I think we need to recognize two broad categories:

- the majority of trans women who are benign and want to live their lives
- a minority of men who are bad actors, put on a dress, declare themselves women, get into women's safe spaces and assault them.

This second category is far from rare, and it needs to be addressed. If it's not acknowledged and addressed, then indeed, blanket support for trans people is misogynistic.

Firenze

Premium Member
Many (if not all), of her claims are true. I think we need to recognize two broad categories:

- the majority of trans women who are benign and want to live their lives
- a minority of men who are bad actors, put on a dress, declare themselves women, get into women's safe spaces and assault them.

This second category is far from rare, and it needs to be addressed. If it's not acknowledged and addressed, then indeed, blanket support for trans people is misogynistic.
The second category is absolutely rare. Men are NOT dressing as women and sneaking into restrooms to rape women in ANY significant number. A simple scan of the millions of data points in rape statistics would tell you that. What else do you feel the need to misrepresent to justify your abject fear and disgust of trans children and adults?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The second category is absolutely rare. Men are NOT dressing as women and sneaking into restrooms to rape women in ANY significant number. A simple scan of the millions of data points in rape statistics would tell you that. What else do you feel the need to misrepresent to justify your abject fear and disgust of trans children and adults?

Yep, as it's just a scare tactic that's being used, and it's not even remotely logical, such as who is going to check the genitals of whomever walks into the bathroom?

Firenze

Premium Member
So, you made this strange jete from 'nobody here could prove Rowling said anything transphobic' to .... 'well, many of her transphobic claims are true.' Did reality catch up to you?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There's no discussing it honestly with you. You have made that very clear and obvious. You have weaponized women, children and gays; you erected a crude boogeyman and call it transactivists; you lump everyone who disagrees with into one big team; you have labeled everyone who disagrees a misogynist and homophobe; you claim to be informed but you've made it very obvious you aren't and have largely and mostly dismissed all efforts to help you learn.
Did I miss anything?
Nope!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Making someone uncomfortable isn't a blanket, catch all thing. Some people get uncomfortable around gays. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable around Asians. Oh well. Some are uncomfortable around Muslims. Oh well. Some people arw uncomfortable around witches. Oh well. Some people are uncomfortable with left handedness. Oh well. Some people uncomfortable around trans people. It's the same oh well, those people with a problem can get over themselves.
And that's it in a nutshell -- the problem isn't with anyone else. The problem, if you find others uncomfortable to be around, is with YOU. (I don't mean you, personally, @Shadow Wolf.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The difference, of course and obviously but yoi seem oblivious, is that when someone isn't harming another or doing something to actually bother others, such as hatred furries are often subjected to, it's considered bigotry and intolerance to throw out what you did because it's showing hatred to someone who's done nothing to you.
It's worse than that, @Shadow Wolf. @Laniakea makes a claim about "reality," which makes no allowance for the reality that is every person's own mind -- that (s)he gets to decide how you should feel and be, and you do not. That's not bigotry and intolerance, in my view -- that's violence.

icehorse

Premium Member

Several strawman arguments there, sigh.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Those men, asides from being a very rare occurance aren't tra s so bull****! **** your trying to say blanket support of us is also supporting sexual assualt.
These sort of statements are what I'm referring to when you accuse me 9f a strawman. You post here is very hateful and on par with homophobes who also tried to claim support for homosexuality is ti support sexual assault.

icehorse

Premium Member
Yep, as it's just a scare tactic that's being used, and it's not even remotely logical, such as who is going to check the genitals of whomever walks into the bathroom?
and yet more strawmen, yikes!

icehorse

Premium Member
So, you made this strange jete from 'nobody here could prove Rowling said anything transphobic' to .... 'well, many of her transphobic claims are true.' Did reality catch up to you?
strawman.

Listen folks, I'm really, really tired of you all manipulating what I'm saying.

If you cannot respond cleanly to what I've really said, can you just stop? This constant barrage of strawman arguments is not a good look for your team :(

icehorse

Premium Member
I did recall one thing. It's calling the expansion of language amd communication of "new" ideas Orwellian.
There is the natural evolution of language that's quite distinct from the forcing of new terms - that are inconsistent with reality - at gunpoint.

Firenze

Premium Member
And the fact that you see strawmen in every post by multiple posters where none exists is absolutely pathetic for you. Enjoy your delusion and persecution complex.

icehorse

Premium Member
Those men, asides from being a very rare occurance aren't tra s so bull****! **** your trying to say blanket support of us is also supporting sexual assualt.
These sort of statements are what I'm referring to when you accuse me 9f a strawman. You post here is very hateful and on par with homophobes who also tried to claim support for homosexuality is ti support sexual assault.

Define "rare"? I'm not being snarky here. It takes very few rapes in locker rooms and safe houses and such to put a chilling effect on the lives of many, many women.

And of course, more strawman arguments, sigh.

icehorse

Premium Member
And the fact that you see strawmen in every post by multiple posters where none exists is absolutely pathetic for you. Enjoy your delusion and persecution complex.
Or it could be that those of you so dedicated to virtue signaling are all hat and no cattle and can't debate past your talking points?

icehorse

Premium Member

You know, having thought about it for a bit I think we'd have far better data if you just looked at JKR's direct quotes, not the vox "journalist's" spin on her quotes, thanks.