• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Struggling to come to terms with something I have read in the bible.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
During that time, every day was a struggle to get to the next, until the urge subsided, now I am in control and not the fleshly instincts, now I am truly free. Agape love does not need sex, agape love is an unselfishness way to give to another person your affection and care. I did believe that by having sex with my wife I was loving her, but now I have discovered a deeper love for her, a pure love, i have discovered agape love, I see the world in a different light.

And I see no reason to think that homosexuals are incapable of feeling this exact type of love.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I am saying that sex is not love, and love is not sex, like most people I also had these two confused.

Sex is an expression of romantic love, and I feel it should be treated as such.

However, I do agree that the two are confused way too often. It reminds me of the Planet of the Apes line, when the character of Taylor spoke of the society he'd left behind:

"Lots of love-making, but no love."

free spirit

Sex is an expression of romantic love, and I feel it should be treated as such.

However, I do agree that the two are confused way too often. It reminds me of the Planet of the Apes line, when the character of Taylor spoke of the society he'd left behind:

"Lots of love-making, but no love."

I totally agree with you.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
yes that is true, homosexuals are people able to give that type of love like everyone else; but the sex act is a sin, that is were the difference is.

How are two homosexuals who love each other having sex together any less of an extension of that love they feel towards one another than when two heteros express that same kind of love sexually?

Why is it reduced to nothing but a "sex act" for them but for us its a 'sharing of love"?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I am saying that sex is not love, and love is not sex, like most people I also had these two confused.

Yes they can be seperated obviously.But sex can also be loving someone in action.Specifically sexual action.

If I make my husbands favorite meal because I love him and I do that for him because I want him to have that pleasure you can say "cooking dinner isnt love" and "love isnt cooking dinner".Which is true...but it can also be false.Depending on the circumstances.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Next time my husband buys me flowers..I am going to ask him why he did that.If he says because he "loves me and wanted to give me flowers"..Im going to say .."giving me flowers is not love..and love is not giving me flowers".

Love

Dallas

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I do not need to talk in depth to gay persons to know what it is like to suffer the pangs of denial, because I my self was slave of straight sex, and when my wife and I separated, was either suffer the pains of denial or commit adultery. that time of my life was not easy, but with the Lord's help I was able to subdue the urges of the flesh, I have been set free from these chains, it is hard, but you are not alone in that struggle, Jesus in Luke 9: 23, asks his disciples, "if anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily, and follow me." as you can see he said "if anyone wishes" He lets you decide but the flesh and sin does not. we read in genesis 4: 7, if you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? and if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it."
You really are clueless. People are told how to act, how to behave, how to thing, and what they should like and not like since day one. Now, for a gay person, this creates quite the delima. A gay man is told he is to love a woman, while a lesbian is told she is to love a man. There are usually harsh social consequences to comming out. But, a gay person will never be happy with a member of the opposite sex.
And no one is going to condemn you nearly as harshly for being a sex addict than they will for being gay. Some gay people end up killing themselves because the bigots will not lay off them, and life becomes too difficult. It shouldn't be so different, and there shouldn't be any problems for any gay person, but since there are bigots who have no idea that sexual orientation is not a choice, life can be hard.

During that time, every day was a struggle to get to the next, until the urge subsided, now I am in control and not the fleshly instincts, now I am truly free. Agape love does not need sex, agape love is an unselfishness way to give to another person your affection and care. I did believe that by having sex with my wife I was loving her, but now I have discovered a deeper love for her, a pure love, i have discovered agape love, I see the world in a different light.
My girlfriend and I do not have sex that often. So whats your next point? We couldn't love eachother more, and when we do get to make love, it is more special.
Oh, but having sex is still having sex, and it is still satisfying the most basic of human needs and urges.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My girlfriend and I do not have sex that often. So whats your next point? We couldn't love eachother more, and when we do get to make love, it is more special.
Oh, but having sex is still having sex, and it is still satisfying the most basic of human needs and urges.

You animal!

See thats the problem..just because its a "sexual pleasure" somehow its "sinful".So for that matter I would think anything we do for one another that brings emotional or physical pleasure should be considered not really love.Just some 'act' we do.

Its quite odd..considering two people who love each other having sex together is (or can be) a powerful pair bonding experience.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
You really are clueless. People are told how to act, how to behave, how to thing, and what they should like and not like since day one. Now, for a gay person, this creates quite the delima. A gay man is told he is to love a woman, while a lesbian is told she is to love a man. There are usually harsh social consequences to comming out. But, a gay person will never be happy with a member of the opposite sex.
And no one is going to condemn you nearly as harshly for being a sex addict than they will for being gay. Some gay people end up killing themselves because the bigots will not lay off them, and life becomes too difficult. It shouldn't be so different, and there shouldn't be any problems for any gay person, but since there are bigots who have no idea that sexual orientation is not a choice, life can be hard.

And besides that..him being a slave to his sexual urges has nothing to do with being a homosexual.Sounds like his obsession over sex was making HIMSELF and possibly his wife MISERABLE.That is an INDIVIDUAL problem and has nothing to do with other people.

I would recmmend he take his personal struggles of beign a sex addict and use that recovery testimony to help other sex addicts.There are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY men like him.

But I just dont get how he relates his sex obsession to gay people?

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

Quote:

Ah so here we see the REAL truth....

You have sexual issues, so you think everyone else should be sexually prohibited and dysfunctional.....

It is quite clear it is YOU that have problems with sex, not God

But then, this attitude you have toward sex, to the point where you'd prefer to actually abstain, as it is more "loving", is very common amongst christian fundamentalists.

I, myself pity the poor women, married to a man for sometimes a decade or longer who simply finds sex to be disgusting, but is not prepared to admit it to himself.

You may also be homosexual yourself, it sounds possible. Thus your disgust is largely directed inwards, at yourself, because you are not able to enjoy something sacred that God has given us.... SEX; because you feel dismay and disgust that in your heart of hearts, you are not sexually attracted to women at all.

I know of a guy, his family are christian fundamentalists, he got married, had children...yet during the decade of his marriage, he secretly went out and had sex with men, but because of his religious background, he felt extreme guilt, which manifested in rage and violence.

May I suggest you seek within yourself your own problems. Your own neurosis. For it is quite clear, whatever your actual story is, you have a deep seated problem with sex.

Mr Cheese

And besides that..him beign a slave to his sexual urges has nothing to do with being a homosexual.Sounds like his obsession over sex was making HIMSELF and possibly his wife MISERABLE.That is an INDIVIDUAL problem and has nothing to do with other people.

I would recmmend he take his personal struggles of beign a sex addict and use that recovery testimony to help other sex addicts.There are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY men like him.

But I just dont get how he relates his sex obsession to gay people?

Love

Dallas

I'm a sex addict myself...

I'd like to have sex 12 times a day with my girl friend....

I think I may go to hell:sad:

(joke)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm a sex addict myself...

I'd like to have sex 12 times a day with my girl friend....

I think I may go to hell:sad:

(joke)

Haivng a high drive does not always equate to "addict".You just may really really really like sex a lot..Like its your favorite thing. :D

My husband had an "obsession" with sex.He has calmed down.But he didnt have to go frigid to do that.He just had to realize their was actually more to life..and not hang all his "happiness" on only when he was actually engaging in sex.:yes:

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

Bunnies2.jpg

Haivng a high drive does not always equate to "addict".You just may really really really like sex a lot..Like its your favorite thing. :D

My husband had an "obsession" with sex.He has calmed down.But he didnt have to go frigid to do that.He just had to realize their was actually more to life..and not hang all his "happiness" on only when he was actually engaging in sex.:yes:

Love

Dallas

Well I was in one of those "all about sex" realtionships when I was 18
I'll be polite and say, we were like rabbits.... I won't boast and declare a ball park figure

I understand I'm never goign to get that again...... :rolleyes:

Doesnt stop me missing it though....

but being old now (over 25)..I understand there is more to life...
the 12 times was a joke... I believe in quality not quantity.... although 12 times a week isnt that much in all honesty...:faint:

Of course as you get older.... its harder to justify spending marathon times in bed....:sad:

conclusion: stay young kiddies, wear a condom, don't sleep around, find the right person...and ENJOY each other.... while you can!

Cause you'll soon get old and have (cough cough) responsibilities....:thud:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Bunnies2.jpg

Well I was in one of those "all about sex" realtionships when I was 18
I'll be polite and say, we were like rabbits.... I won't boast and declare a ball park figure

I understand I'm never goign to get that again...... :rolleyes:

Doesnt stop me missing it though....

but being old now (over 25)..I understand there is more to life...
the 12 times was a joke... I believe in quality not quantity.... although 12 times a week isnt that much in all honesty...:faint:

Of course as you get older.... its harder to justify spending marathon times in bed....:sad:

conclusion: stay young kiddies, wear a condom, don't sleep around, find the right person...and ENJOY each other.... while you can!

Cause you'll soon get old and have (cough cough) responsibilities....:thud:

Wow!! You grew up quick..My husband was like that all the way till after 40.(and we were together starting at 14 and 16)...

And he still thinks once every other day is a "compromise".And he is 43.

Dont get me wrong..I dont let him get away with it.

Too much sex ruins it for me.So he has a choice..quality or quantity as well.

But truly he was obsessed in a very destructive way.Never once did I relate his "issues" with homosexual "struggles".

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

Wow!! You grew up qick..My husband was like that all the way till after 40.(and we were together starting at 14 and 16)...

And he still thinks once every other day is a "compromise".And he is 43.

Dont get me wrong..I dont let him get away with it.

Too much sex ruins it for me.So he has a choice..quality or quantity as well.

But truly he was obsessed in a very destructive way.Never once did I relate his "issues" with homosexual "struggles".

Love

Dallas

ha, well I'm in my mid 30's now....

dont get me wrong, I'd like to have sex every day, and all day...

I do miss those hours long times...
But as you get older, there are things like getting dressed, eating, mowing the lawn, cleaning...work....

they all get in the way....

I should shut up now

:flirt:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
ha, well I'm in my mid 30's now....

dont get me wrong, I'd like to have sex every day, and all day...

I do miss those hours long times...
But as you get older, there are things like getting dressed, eating, mowing the lawn, cleaning...work....

they all get in the way....

I should shut up now

:flirt:

No problem..Me understands.:yes:

(but when you are getting dressed and mowing the lawn and eating and cleaning and working are you thinking about havign sex? :D)

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

No problem..Me understands.:yes:

(but when you are getting dressed and mowing the lawn and eating and cleaning and working are you thinking about havign sex? :D)

Love

Dallas

I'm a guy....

so the answer would be, quite often.

Of course it largely depends on how tired I am, and if I have had sex recently or not...

:rolleyes: