• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Struggling to come to terms with something I have read in the bible.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
yes that is true, homosexuals are people able to give that type of love like everyone else; but the sex act is a sin, that is were the difference is.

In my opinion, sex is a "sin" if it is done purely out of pleasure and not out of Love, done carelessly (such as not getting checked for STDs or not having some sort of protection should children not be desired), or both. This applies to heterosexual sex and homosexual sex.

Though allow me to clarify my definition of "sin"; "sin" is not always the performance of some evil deed, such as killing. It can also mean doing something (anything) solely for the pleasure of it, and not without good reason. Like everyone else, I am guilty of this.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I'm a guy....

so the answer would be, quite often.

Of course it largely depends on how tired I am, and if I have had sex recently or not...

:rolleyes:

Your too cute!!

Gotta wear your self out so yo wont obsess on having sex..???

Oh and thats the thing..when I said "obssessed" I meant" obsessed" ..recent sex makes my husband think about having MORE sex and interfered with his judment or thinking.And for him ..no such a thing as "tired".He thinks about havign sex AGAIN while he is having sex..

Understand?Im talking ..invasion of the body snatchers.

Love

Dalals

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
In my opinion, sex is a "sin" if it is done purely out of pleasure and not out of Love, done carelessly (such as not getting checked for STDs or not having some sort of protection should children not be desired), or both. This applies to heterosexual sex and homosexual sex.

Though allow me to clarify my definition of "sin"; "sin" is not always the performance of some evil deed, such as killing. It can also mean doing something (anything) solely for the pleasure of it, and not without good reason. Like everyone else, I am guilty of this.

But you are guilty because you are a homo.Dont you see the difference?It doesnt matter what your intentions are.

Im guilty too of what you said but Im not gay so its not quite as hanous.

Love

Dalals

Mr Cheese

Your too cute!!

Gotta wear your self out so yo wont obsess on having sex..???

Oh and thats the thing..when I said "obssessed" I meant" obsessed" ..recent sex makes my husband think about having MORE sex and interfered with his judment or thinking.And for him ..no such a thing as "tired".He thinks about havign sex AGAIN while he is having sex..

Understand?Im talking ..invasion of the body snatchers.

Love

Dalals

some people have more libido than others....

I'd be humping all the day if I could.... but I know its not realistic
There is more to life than my "winky"

My girl friend says there are two types of women, eve's and lilliths....
though she claims to be an eve... I think she's actually a mix...

I'm just rambling...

I do know that, if one person wants it more than the other, it can actually put the other person off... especially if it is a lot, which in your case sounds like it...

When I was in the rabbit phase of my life....
It did get to the point when I used to "pretend" I didnt want to have sex sometimes... as well the lets do the bunny thing again...got tiresome, its nice to be the one thats the head bunny too...:sarcastic this is gettign way too personal...
then again we're talking 15 yrs ago...or so...

this isnt a religious debate answer lol

I'll stop before I dig my grave deeper....:foot:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
some people have more libido than others....

I'd be humping all the day if I could.... but I know its not realistic
There is more to life than my "winky"

My girl friend says there are two types of women, eve's and lilliths....
though she claims to be an eve... I think she's actually a mix...

I'm just rambling...

I do know that, if one person wants it more than the other, it can actually put the other person off... especially if it is a lot, which in your case sounds like it...

When I was in the rabbit phase of my life....
It did get to the point when I used to "pretend" I didnt want to have sex sometimes... as well the lets do the bunny thing again...got tiresome, its nice to be the one thats the head bunny too...:sarcastic this is gettign way too personal...
then again we're talking 15 yrs ago...or so...

this isnt a religious debate answer lol

I'll stop before I dig my grave deeper....:foot:

I think we are just relating..

I dont wish to make you uncomforatable but Im versed and experienced on this topic but on the 'recieving end ".LOL!!!

Anyway lets get less personal.I only got personal because there is a sex addict comparing himself to homosexuals.

Peace..

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

I think we are just relating..

I dont wish to make you uncomforatable but Im versed and experienced on this topic but on the 'recieving end ".LOL!!!

Anyway lets get less personal.I only got personal because there is a sex addict comparing himself to homosexuals.

Peace..

Love

Dallas

ha, I'm happy to discuss this, but its a family forum no1
and no2 this is a religious debate thread...

not a libido thread lol

I stand by assertion, free's problem is his own "disgust" or similar attitude toward sex.... that IS the root of his "problem"

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
ha, I'm happy to discuss this, but its a family forum no1
and no2 this is a religious debate thread...

not a libido thread lol

I stand by assertion, free's problem is his own "disgust" or similar attitude toward sex.... that IS the root of his "problem"

Families have dads chasing the mother around the kitchen table like an out of control ape to have sex with her..so its CLEARLY a family issue all be it "taboo"(as with anything sexual).

But your right this isnt a debate thread..Are we debating? LOL!!!

I thought I was only giving my unwanted opinion...Oh well..

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

Families have dads chasing the mother around the kitchen table like an out of control ape to have sex with her..so its CLEARLY a family issue all be it "taboo"(as with anything sexual).

But your right this isnt a debate thread..Are we debating? LOL!!!

I thought I was only giving my unwanted opinion...Oh well..

Love

Dallas

Chasing?

I'd never chase... well maybe... lol:sarcastic

there's also the whole "spotanaity" versus "planning" thing

as you get older... you have to fit things into a time slot....

well unless you're there on the kitchen floor (which is fun of course)

seems to me hubby likes it more than you....
deep down I am sure you enjoy it a lot also.... you probably jsut dont want to admit it.

Although if it is all that is on your mind constantly that can be bad. I know what thats like.... but it all depends if he has eyes for you, or if his mind is so clouded that whereever and whomever he looks(at) he sees sex... that's not healthy.... but then I think we all go through that sometimes.... it just depends on if its all the time.

Maybe you need to try some leather lol or something

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Chasing?

I'd never chase... well maybe... lol:sarcastic

there's also the whole "spotanaity" versus "planning" thing

as you get older... you have to fit things into a time slot....

well unless you're there on the kitchen floor (which is fun of course)

seems to me hubby likes it more than you....
deep down I am sure you enjoy it a lot also.... you probably jsut dont want to admit it.

Although if it is all that is on your mind constantly that can be bad. I know what thats like.... but it all depends if he has eyes for you, or if his mind is so clouded that whereever and whomever he looks(at) he sees sex... that's not healthy.... but then I think we all go through that sometimes.... it just depends on if its all the time.

Maybe you need to try some leather lol or something

Ha ha..

I figured out my "deep down" quite a while ago.Never said I didnt "enjoy it"..There is a diffeernce between "enjoyment' and "obsession" though.

And his obssesion snatched my "enjoyment".

Just boil it down to two diffeernt personalities.

And P.S I wore leather like Apolonia among many other cloths.(not to get to personal ).Style of dress wasnt an inhibitor.

Love

Dallas

Mr Cheese

oh mom, was always wondering why i was into sports
oh mom, was always wondering why i was staying after school
i'm into sports mom and also i'm in the locker room with the boys
i'm in the shower and i drop the soap every time
homos uh huh uh huh uh huh
homos no one knows a homo like us
we love homos
lesbians are cool
and straights are fools
lesbians rule their scene
but the homos are the coolest of the cools
homos
they never knock at my front door
they never ring on the phone
they always come through the window
through the back door
through the throat
homos

---Homos (by the Frogs)

frogs.jpg

Mr Cheese

Ha ha..

I figured out my "deep down" quite a while ago.Never said I didnt "enjoy it"..There is a diffeernce between "enjoyment' and "obsession" though.

And his obssesion snatched my "enjoyment".

Just boil it down to two diffeernt personalities.

And P.S I wore leather like Apolonia among many other cloths.(not to get to personal ).Style of dress wasnt an inhibitor.

Love

Dallas

hmmm I just peeked at your profile...

at your age I am sure you have worn many "cloths" lol

I discovered women in their 40's in my mid 20's....

thats a whole other issue....

but all good fun:p

I still think the best part of sex is learning what makes the other person "happy"
And to relate that to the original thread, I think loving committed homosexuals probably find the same thing too.... be it nipple tassles or pictures of Barbera Streisand.....:sarcastic

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
hmmm I just peeked at your profile...

at your age I am sure you have worn many "cloths" lol

I discovered women in their 40's in my mid 20's....

thats a whole other issue....

but all good fun:p

I still think the best part of sex is learning what makes the other person "happy"
And to relate that to the original thread, I think loving committed homosexuals probably find the same thing too.... be it nipple tassles or pictures of Barbera Streisand.....:sarcastic

At my age Im not far from your age..

And thats all I have to say about that.

Love

Dallas

free spirit

Quote:
During that time, every day was a struggle to get to the next, until the urge subsided, now I am in control and not the fleshly instincts, now I am truly free. Agape love does not need sex, agape love is an unselfishness way to give to another person your affection and care. I did believe that by having sex with my wife I was loving her, but now I have discovered a deeper love for her, a pure love, i have discovered agape love, I see the world in a different light.

Ah so here we see the REAL truth....

You have sexual issues, so you think everyone else should be sexually prohibited and dysfunctional.....

It is quite clear it is YOU that have problems with sex, not God

But then, this attitude you have toward sex, to the point where you'd prefer to actually abstain, as it is more "loving", is very common amongst christian fundamentalists.

I, myself pity the poor women, married to a man for sometimes a decade or longer who simply finds sex to be disgusting, but is not prepared to admit it to himself.

You may also be homosexual yourself, it sounds possible. Thus your disgust is largely directed inwards, at yourself, because you are not able to enjoy something sacred that God has given us.... SEX; because you feel dismay and disgust that in your heart of hearts, you are not sexually attracted to women at all.

I know of a guy, his family are christian fundamentalists, he got married, had children...yet during the decade of his marriage, he secretly went out and had sex with men, but because of his religious background, he felt extreme guilt, which manifested in rage and violence.

May I suggest you seek within yourself your own problems. Your own neurosis. For it is quite clear, whatever your actual story is, you have a deep seated problem with sex.

Yes I had a problem with sex, I believed that it was love.
The rest of your comment are no worthy of an answer obviously you are bitter at my posts. CHANGE THE ERRORS OF YOUR WAY

free spirit

No pleasure, sex, alcohol, or anything else are not sin in themselves, what make them sin is how we use them, in other words our abuse of them.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Yes I had a problem with sex, I believed that it was love.
The rest of your comment are no worthy of an answer obviously you are bitter at my posts. CHANGE THE ERRORS OF YOUR WAY

Ever consider that he's trying to help?