• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Struggling to come to terms with something I have read in the bible.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
this ignorance bage I will ware with pride for all I want to do is help my derelict fellow man

Since you decided to skip my post, I'll go ahead and show you what I was talking about when I said this;

Quagmire said:
Look at your own case; in another thread you as much as admitted that your attitude towards homosexuality is the result of an incident that happened to you in your teens that left you with serious doubts about your own sexual identity (and I'll bring up that post if you like).

In other words, your stance on homosexuality is a personal, emotionally motivated bias which you're trying to present as a religious or moral conviction.

Free Spirit said:
Hmm, still no answer.....

My childood did not last forever the first homosexual got to play with my family jewels in a crowded bus I just froze but my *edit* was aroused ufter that i knew better. think what you like all the others were after the same thing but i would not hang around to find out, do you blame me, yes i got a phobia, i would not trust any of you *edit*.
The world would not miss anything if there were no *edit*.
SO GIVE ME A SINGLE REASON WHY I SHOULD NOT THING THE WHY I DO.
WITHOUT REFERING TO RELIGION NOW.

that doesn't sound particularly helpful to me.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
this ignorance bage I will ware with pride for all I want to do is help my derelict fellow man

"badge" "wear". ^_^

You can't help someone if you lack the tools needed to help.

If you wish to be of help, you need to educate yourself. You do not have to change what you believe in order to do that. But it will give you greater credibility and you'd be more likely to help people.

tomasortega

If you're a Christian and believe that everything the Bible says is truth, then you can't deny that homosexuality is a sin. Along with other sexual sins like premarital sex and adultery. But Jesus teaches us to love the sinner but hate the sin. He also teaches us to judge not lest ye be judged. I think you should still love people who are gay, but never say homosexuality is ok in the eyes of God.

Remember that I'm taking this viewpoint assuming the Bible is true and tells us exactly what God expects from us. I'm not trying to offend anyone that has different views than I do.

1.please show me where the bible specifically condemns premarital sex.

2. show me where or if, the bible condemns polygamy which is predominantly viewed as a sin or at least immoral by today's society. in fact, your LDS church practiced it till what, the 70's? the fundamentalist part of your church still does to this day. and i dont really blame you, because god's ancient people did too. king david and solomon had what, 2-300 wifes?

3.how about slavery. is slavery immoral? cause the bible sure dont condemn it. jesus even uses it in one of his teachings. today's society views slavery as immoral, most of today's christians even as sin. how is that? didnt god's people own slaves? and since you are LDS didnt the mormon church teach or approve of the inferiority of the black man? doesnt the book of mormon say that god especially likes fair skinned people. LOL.

free spirit

"badge" "wear". ^_^

You can't help someone if you lack the tools needed to help.

If you wish to be of help, you need to educate yourself. You do not have to change what you believe in order to do that. But it will give you greater credibility and you'd be more likely to help people.

Well, I can see that I am wasting my time, so this is my last post on the matter.
Revelation 22 - 10 to 15, "and he said to me, do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near, let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. outsede are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral person and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying."

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well, I can see that I am wasting my time, so this is my last post on the matter.
Revelation 22 - 10 to 15, "and he said to me, do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near, let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. outsede are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral person and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying."

"Immoral" is not specific enough.

Besides, it's better outside the city if the description given in Revelations is literal.

free spirit

[/color][/size]It's been well established, for something like 30 or 40 years now, that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

Homophobia, on the other hand, is.

Look at your own case; in another thread you as much as admitted that your attitude towards homosexuality is the result of an incident that happened to you in your teens that left you with serious doubts about your own sexual identity (and I'll bring up that post if you like).

In other words, your stance on homosexuality is a personal, emotionally motivated bias which you're trying to present as a religious or moral conviction.

[/color][/size]It's typical for someone with unaddressed personal issues to redefine them as societal issues (that way, you don't have to change, society does).

[/color][/size]The scientific community declassified homosexuality as a mental condition a cpl of generations ago. Homophobia, on the other hand...

Put it this way: the idea that homosexuality is a normal human condition is backed by tons of research by people who have dedicated their lives to understanding how the human mind works.

All you have on your side are a bunch of other uninformed homophobes standing behind you saying "Amen".

[/color][/size]LOL! The favorite mantra of the militant control freak; "Lets help these people whether they want us to or not". Do me a favor Free Spirit, please don't ever decide I need your help with anything.

[/color][/size]Yes: you are in grave peril of being forced to mind your own business.
Yes I see it now: But quagmire our life experiences makes us what we are, in my teens I also steal something from another boy would that make me question my honesty? or would that make me aproove of stealing. Quagmire you got it all wrong all i am saying that there is a better way of living. Yes when we were young we experience many things some good some bad is part of groing up, with a bit of luck some of us have survived, for I am not a theaf, nor a violent agressor nor a homosexual, but I could have been ony of those or all three of them, but i cannot say that any of them is any good, if for you homosexuality is good, so be it, but do not ask for my approval, even if legally is acceptable, legality does not make it right, war is legal to kill but it is not right, euthanasia might be legalised but it is not right, abortion is legal but it is not right, devorce is legal but it is not right, we can also make poedophilia legal by just taking away the age of consent but it is not right. So to the right minded person sometime the law looks like an ***, and those that have made it so are a bunch of asses, and i apologise to the animal in question.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Yes I see it now: But quagmire our life experiences makes us what we are, in my teens I also steal something from another boy would that make me question my honesty? or would that make me aproove of stealing. Quagmire you got it all wrong all i am saying that there is a better way of living. Yes when we were young we experience many things some good some bad is part of groing up, with a bit of luck some of us have survived, for I am not a theaf, nor a violent agressor nor a homosexual, but I could have been ony of those or all three of them, but i cannot say that any of them is any good, if for you homosexuality is good, so be it, but do not ask for my approval, even if legally is acceptable, legality does not make it right, war is legal to kill but it is not right, euthanasia might be legalised but it is not right, abortion is legal but it is not right, devorce is legal but it is not right, we can also make poedophilia legal by just taking away the age of consent but it is not right. So to the right minded person sometime the law looks like an ***, and those that have made it so are a bunch of asses, and i apologise to the animal in question.

How are some of those not "right"? Who defines what "right" is?

I'll tell you who... or rather, WHAT defines them. Time. Times are different than they were 3500 years ago, when some of the oldest poetry, stories, and traditions were first committed to writing, including the Torah.

In these times, homosexuality is not wrong, neither is divorce, nor abortion, nor some of the things you've listed; the only things that are to be considered wrong in these times are things which directly harm individuals.

free spirit

How are some of those not "right"? Who defines what "right" is?

I'll tell you who... or rather, WHAT defines them. Time. Times are different than they were 3500 years ago, when some of the oldest poetry, stories, and traditions were first committed to writing, including the Torah.

In these times, homosexuality is not wrong, neither is divorce, nor abortion, nor some of the things you've listed; the only things that are to be considered wrong in these times are things which directly harm individuals.

Yes the bible say that if there is no God let us dring, eat and be merry, that is what a lot of people have chosen to do. You know it's OK just ignore me. Sorry if I caused offence, but I had to tell you so I would not be guilty for your eternal death. Sorry Sorry Sorry. As the saying gos you can take the horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
free spirit, the Bible also says "by their fruits you shall know them." We can all see that your fruits are rotten.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Yes the bible say that if there is no God let us dring, eat and be merry, that is what a lot of people have chosen to do. You know it's OK just ignore me. Sorry if I caused offence, but I had to tell you so I would not be guilty for your eternal death. Sorry Sorry Sorry. As the saying gos you can take the horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

Why would you be guilty of my eternal death? That's far, far better than eternal life.

It's not about whether or not God exists. I just recognize the fact that the Torah was for the Jews only, and Paul's letters were only his own opinion.