• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Those quotes are political and probably will only affect 10 percent. Republican misstatements that affect the other 90 percent are...

A minimum wage raise will cost thousands of jobs.

Our goal is to balance the budget.

The Democrats are holding us back.

The ACA is a failure

We could have prevented Benghazi.

It's all Obama's fault.

Yes, and it reminds me of Goebbel's rather infamous statement that if you tell a big lie often enough, people will come to believe it. Goebbels would have loved Fox "News".

Daemon Sophic

Lawmaker Ignores His Own Facts To Make Debunked Benghazi Claim
So here they go again. This is Benghazi, round ?13? or ?14?. This time they are going to try to answer several questions, all of which were already addressed and answered in prior hearings.

Reminds me of
- the 6 hearings on "Climategate", which all found that the scientists were being totally honest.
- The 42 votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act....which all failed.
- Repeated hearings on ACORN that showed no wrong-doing (yet shut down a useful public service department for no reason)....
...and on and on.....

These are your Republican representatives, 'efficiently' using up your tax dollars yet again, because as always they live to represent a role-model life of efficiency and fairness. :sarcastic
Isn't one working definition of insanity when you repeatedly do something, expecting a different outcome?

Let's try something different. Let's impeach every "conservative", including the supreme court judges. :clap :drool: :clap

metis

It was interesting as they had the Republican head of the new committee being interviewed on CNN a couple of days ago, and he said there was a CIA investigator that made statements that pretty much implied that he believed that the administration was quite possibly covering up something. Within a few seconds after the interview, that same CIA investigator tweeted to CNN that the congressman was lying and that he didn't state nor imply as such.

BTW, there were around 30 American men and women killed by terrorist attacks on American embassies and other facilities overseas during the "W" years, but did the Democrats run one "investigation" after another, after another,...?

It's politics as usual, especially since they're going after Hillary because of 2016.

Daemon Sophic

:yes:

A part of what you're saying is what I was thinking about earlier today.
There are a whole lot of twits out there who really do believe that the media (and the country) is overwhelmingly controlled by the "leftists".
But when was the last time that some claim from a moderate (ie "leftist communist fascist terrorist sympathizer") news source EVER exploded into a public outcry resulting in congressional hearings, or even executive branch investigations?
What story by Rachel Maddow ever resulted in so much as a slap on the wrist, let alone impeachment hearings for anyone, anywhere? Let alone for a senator, or governor, or maybe a federal executive?

metis

:yes:

A part of what you're saying is what I was thinking about earlier today.
There are a whole lot of twits out there who really do believe that the media (and the country) is overwhelmingly controlled by the "leftists".
But when was the last time that some claim from a moderate (ie "leftist communist fascist terrorist sympathizer") news source EVER exploded into a public outcry resulting in congressional hearings, or even executive branch investigations?
What story by Rachel Maddow ever resulted in so much as a slap on the wrist, let alone impeachment hearings for anyone, anywhere? Let alone for a senator, or governor, or maybe a federal executive?

I hear ya.

A GOP candidate for lieutenant governor in South Carolina said yesterday that public schools are pushing a “silent holocaust” in churches by supposedly turning young people away from Christianity.
Source: South Carolina GOPer: Public Schools Leading To 'Holocaust In Our Churches' With Teachings On 'Evolutionism' & Homosexuality | Right Wing Watch
A GOP candidate for lieutenant governor in South Carolina said yesterday that public schools are pushing a “silent holocaust” in churches by supposedly turning young people away from Christianity.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
This is a elequent article on conservative vs progressive economics, and their effects. Give it a read.
Pulling Back the Curtain on Sam Brownback's Kansas Financial Meltdown*|*Ian Reifowitz
Sorry, but my ipad won't seem to let me pull short quotes out.....so you'll just have to read the whole thing. :shrug:

I'll help you out....

Sam Brownback
"What we are seeing today is the effect of tax increases implemented by the Obama administration that resulted in lower income tax payments and a depressed business environment," Gov. Sam Brownback said in a statement.

"The failed economic policies of the Obama administration are affecting states throughout the nation. It is more important than ever that we continue our focus on growing jobs and creating a business-friendly environment that benefits Kansans," Brownback said.

:facepalm:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
So what's up with the (right wing) mocking people on social media concerning the women in Nigeria that were kidnapped....?????

And they wonder why they have a problem appealing to women...

metis

So what's up with the (right wing) mocking people on social media concerning the women in Nigeria that were kidnapped....?????

And they wonder why they have a problem appealing to women...

It used to be that when there was an international crisis that both parties stopped their campaigns and tried to work together, but not this Republican Party.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Marco Rubio was asked on Tuesday, at the National Press Club, "What information, reports, studies or otherwise are you relying on to inform and reach your conclusion that human activity is not to blame for climate change."

Rubio responded by saying "Again, headlines notwithstanding I never disputed the climate is changing..." He went on to say "That's not the question before me as a policy maker. The question before me as a policy maker is if we ban all coal in the US, if we ban carbon emissions in the United States will it change the dramatic changes in climate and these dramatic weather impacts that we're now reading about and anyone that says that it will is not being truthful,,"

What...?

What.....?

:eek:

First of all no one is advocating that we do an abrupt stop and ban all coal or carbon emissions. Second, even if we did stop all coal production and emissions as a whole...on this planet then YES....Yes.....nature, over time will begin to adapt and reset itself. But if we keep on the path we're on we may get to the point of no return......You shouldn't be a policy maker if you're going to deny scientific evidence.

Last edited:

factseeker88

factseeker88
Marco Rubio was asked on Tuesday, at the National Press Club, "What information, reports, studies or otherwise are you relying on to inform and reach your conclusion that human activity is not to blame for climate change."

Rubio responded by saying "Again, headlines notwithstanding I never disputed the climate is changing..." He went on to say "That's not the question before me as a policy maker. The question before me as a policy maker is if we ban all coal in the US, if we ban carbon emissions in the United States will it change the dramatic changes in climate and these dramatic weather impacts that we're now reading about and anyone that says that e will is not being truthful,,"

What...?

What.....?

First of all no one is advocating that we do an abrupt stop and ban all coal or carbon emissions. Second, even if we did stop all coal production and emissions as a whole...on this planet then YES....Yes.....nature, over time will begin to adapt and reset itself. But if we keep on the path we're on we may get to the point of no return......You shouldn't be a policy maker if you're going to deny scientific evidence.

I lived in Los Angeles for sixty four years, in the middle of the worse smog, and other than smarting eyes and some impaired breathing I am 88, still alive and kicking, so carbon emissions are not nearly as bad for us as we have been led to believe.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900) [/FONT]

metis

I lived in Los Angeles for sixty four years, in the middle of the worse smog, and other than smarting eyes and some impaired breathing I am 88, still alive and kicking, so carbon emissions are not nearly as bad for us as we have been led to believe.

But I noticed the brain damage that's occurred. :D

:run:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Yes it is....:slap:

But I notice that California took steps to curb its smog pollution...They have some more to do but they seem to be on the right track.

California air pollution drops over past decade - Washington Times
hile overall air quality in California has improved significantly over the past decade, about a third of the population lives where pollution is in excess of federal health standards, according to state officials.

The board’s report said smog fell 15 to 20 percent in urban areas since 2003, yet levels remain above federal health standards in parts of greater Los Angeles, the San Joaquin Valley, Sacramento and San Diego.

In the South Coast region, which includes Los Angeles and Orange counties, the number of high-ozone days has dropped 21 percent since 2003. State officials now estimate about 60 percent of people, including all coastal residents, live where smog meets federal health standards. But 6 million people in inland areas still live with unacceptably smoggy air, officials said.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Carbon monoxide, which is heavy in carbon emissions (as well as cigarette smoke), is indeed fatal when inhaled in high doses, and causes sickness at lower levels. I can also say there is nothing wrong with smoking because my grandmother smoked until the day she died (90 or so) without any smoking related health problems, but that doesn't make the statement that "there is nothing unhealthy about smoking" true.