• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Daemon Sophic

Fox's Allen West Attacks Decorated Vet Rep. Tammy Duckworth: I "Don't Know Where Her Loyalties Lie" | Blog | Media Matters for America

How dare somebody of Ms. Duckworth's questionable values take a seat on our redundant Benghazi witch-hunt. [/bitter sarcasm].
Keeping in mind also that this is the ...sixth or seventh hearing on the topic; convened to ask the same questions that have already been answered over and over again. (Way to blow my tax dollars dudes.)

Allen West wouldn't know about her loyalties, because he doesn't know where honesty and integrity live. :fight:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Look...I'm not even going to copy and past the quote because the video at the link I'm providing says it all. Vance McAllister, YES....the same Vance that stands for (Conservative family values who got caught on tape kissing another woman).....had enough nerve to grill a guy who brought to his committees attention that an oil company was using duct tape and a trash bag to stop and catch leaking oil from a facility that sits in a wild life preserve....Yes....MMcAllister sits on the wild life oversight committee and was actually on the side of the person or people that came up with the idea to use duct tape and a trash bag.......COME ON people...!!!!

Congressmen Defend Repairing Oil Pipes With Trash Bags And Duct Tape

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"Can anyone turn it on remotely if it's off?" Williams asked Snowden, referring to the "burner" smartphone Williams used for travel to Russia. "Can they turn on apps? Did anyone know or care that I Googled the final score of the Rangers-Canadiens game last night because I was traveling here?"

"I would say yes to all of those," Snowden replied. "They can absolutely turn them on with the power turned off to the device."

:spit:

As a Network Engineer and one who has written some complex code over the years and extensive background in security as well as intrusion detection as well as someone who worked for a chip company producing WIFI embedded chips/devices....NO...NO...Mr. Snowden.....you can't remotely turn a phone on if it's "completely" turned off. You'd have to be at the manufacturer putting a specific chip in every phone type in the country that would make it "appear" as if your phone is off but not really be turned off...otherwise...No.....:slap:

Some clarity on it can be read here....
http://blog.erratasec.com/2014/05/no-you-cant-remotely-turn-on-phones.html#.U4lEeILwJzk

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

This one is too precious to pass up. :D
GOP Lawmakers Say Obama's Prisoner Exchange Violated Law
So. Bottom line. Pres. Obama made a quick deal with the terrorists to bring home one of our captured soldiers, in exchange for 5 suspected terrorist soldiers who were being held at Gitmo.
Of note, apparently there is a rule that requires the pres to let congress know of such things 30 (thirty) days prior to having them happen. So now the Republicans are yelling at Obama for not letting them know in advance, and Pres Obama responding that this was a now or never sort of deal and he took it on his own authority to sidestep the 30 day notification step in order to close the deal on time.

What I find funny is multifold.
- These are "small efficient gov't" pugs who are mow saying "Oh. You should have gone through the appropriate bureaucratic channels (i.e. 'us').
- This
"They said Obama also is required to explain how the threat posed by such terrorists has been substantially mitigated."
:sarcastic. uh....last I checked, 1 of ours is worth scores of theirs on a battlefield, and that assumes that all five of our detainees were ever soldiers or even guilty of anything other than being Muslim. :facepalm:
- or this
"Our terrorist adversaries now have a strong incentive to capture Americans. That incentive will put our forces in Afghanistan and around the world at even greater risk," they said.
. Great! I would like that, rather than them blowing up our young men and women. Or perhaps we should do what the progressives have said for 12+ years, and close Gitmo entirely. :eek: Ya know. That might just give them less reason to attack us....and cut into their recruiting efforts to boot. :yes: :rolleyes:

But apparently reason, logic, and the safety of American citizens is of no concern to our bigger, slower, and less efficient government, bureaucratic republican colleagues. :shrug:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I can't even paste it all in but it's worth it see these people's own words in action......Matt Binder has collected some of the most hypocritical positions and statements uttered by ('patriots') wanting to see Bergdahl returned home. At some point we can post the ones McCain and others have said but for now try these out.....too funny....

https://twitter.com/MattBinder
Thomas @lemontree46 · Jan 16
Why has Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl been left behind and practically forgotten by the Obama administration?

Thomas @lemontree46 · 8h
This whole pro Bergdahl by Obama is just another example of the Obama terrorist appeasement policy...IMPEACH!!!!

And there's so many more....the hypocritical hits just keep on coming.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's an election year.

The administration brings Bergdhal home, and they're condemned for doing so; if that didn't happen and Bergdahl died in Afghanistan without an attempt to bring him home, does anyone here seriously think that the opposition party wouldn't make hay out of that as well? One Democratic representative said that, if Obama didn't try to bring him home and he died, articles of impeachment quite possibly would have been issue by the Republicans.

The only thing I really see as being truly bizarre on this from the administration was Susan Rice's comments officially announcing the release.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I can't even paste it all in but it's worth it see these people's own words in action......Matt Binder has collected some of the most hypocritical positions and statements uttered by ('patriots') wanting to see Bergdahl returned home. At some point we can post the ones McCain and others have said but for now try these out.....too funny....

https://twitter.com/MattBinder

And there's so many more....the hypocritical hits just keep on coming.....

"Patriotism" is hating anything Obama does, even if that means letting a solider (whom they always gush over and praise) die in the hands of Al Queda. Gotta love those "Christian" values.

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
Well, the facts are not all in as of this date on the Bergdahl story. So, many of you think that Obama did the right thing for the right reasons. However, the facts are:
1. Bergdahl was not captured on the field of battle as Susan Rice again makes an error. Bergdahl at the minimum went AWOL and what is reasoning was he still open. I for one tend to believe the others within his command.
2. It has been reported that a plan was to pay a ransom for Bergdahl in Dec of 2013 (see listed link) but the Administration wanted to do a prisoner exchange. (I guess Obama figured since he can't close Gitmo he will just release all the prisoners...no need for Gitmo and Obama has done it his way (even if it isn't legal) http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...g-cash-ransom-for-bergdahl-last-year-n1847752
3. As one of our misinformed members stated that the released detainees were "only Muslims" is worth a couple of dozen Pinocchio's.
Mohammed Fazi, a senior commander of the Taliban Army wanted by the United Nations for war crimes related to the murders of thousands of Shiite Muslims in Afghanistan.
source: Taliban reportedly 'encouraged' to kidnap, swap more US soldiers for Gitmo prisoners | Fox News
4. Even Hillary thinks it was a bad move. Clinton ‘was very wary’ of Bergdahl prisoner swap | New York Post

So, let's not rush to praise Obama's move or Bergdahl's motives until all the facts are in.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
esmtih said:
So, let's not rush to praise Obama's move or Bergdahl's motives until all the facts are in.
It's not so much praising Obama as it is pointing out unashamed hypocrisy.

Daemon Sophic

The administration brings Bergdhal home, and they're condemned for doing so; if that didn't happen and Bergdahl died in Afghanistan without an attempt to bring him home, does anyone here seriously think that the opposition party wouldn't make hay out of that as well? One Democratic representative said that, if Obama didn't try to bring him home and he died, articles of impeachment quite possibly would have been issue by the Republicans.

The only thing I really see as being truly bizarre on this from the administration was Susan Rice's comments officially announcing the release.

This can only go VERY badly for the GOP. For, literally, years the GOP members and many others have been saying that Bergdhal must be brought home. That any and all actions must be used to free this American soldier. Even McCain stated that swapping out Gitmo detainees for Bergdhal would be a good idea. And now that he was swapped free......They are actually deleting their tweets from their phones about ever supporting Bergdhal's release. McCain is now saying it was a bad idea, and the goose-stepping orders say that this release is impeachable......:eek: ....not the leaving him in enemy hands. Not him dying over there after being left behind. No. These putzes have the unmitigated gall to F...ing volt-face in mid-goose-step for no other reason than to heap derision upon the US president.
Bergdhal's father (who has grown his beard since losing his son to the enemy. and who has written angry letters about our wars (Geee. Big suprise! :slap: ). This patriot's father is being slandered and ridiculed by the press and our congressional representatives as some kind of insane traitor.
Then there is the accusations of AWOL, which haven't begun to be investigated yet....now they are put forward as the defining reason why every man and woman killed in that area and time were killed....and its all Bergdhal's fault (not that ANYONE ever raised this specter until after Obama made the deal. I trust these initial accusations with as much merit as the swiftboaters against Kerry. NONE of whom were ever in his unit, or were even in theater at the same time as Kerry.
***** several lines of invectives were deleted here....for the health of entire biosphere *******. Every single one of them, NEEDS to be impeached and.......
and a whole lot more that I shouldn't go into.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This can only go VERY badly for the GOP. For, literally, years the GOP members and many others have been saying that Bergdhal must be brought home. That any and all actions must be used to free this American soldier. Even McCain stated that swapping out Gitmo detainees for Bergdhal would be a good idea. And now that he was swapped free......They are actually deleting their tweets from their phones about ever supporting Bergdhal's release. McCain is now saying it was a bad idea, and the goose-stepping orders say that this release is impeachable......:eek: ....not the leaving him in enemy hands. Not him dying over there after being left behind. No. These putzes have the unmitigated gall to F...ing volt-face in mid-goose-step for no other reason than to heap derision upon the US president.
Bergdhal's father (who has grown his beard since losing his son to the enemy. and who has written angry letters about our wars (Geee. Big suprise! :slap: ). This patriot's father is being slandered and ridiculed by the press and our congressional representatives as some kind of insane traitor.
Then there is the accusations of AWOL, which haven't begun to be investigated yet....now they are put forward as the defining reason why every man and woman killed in that area and time were killed....and its all Bergdhal's fault (not that ANYONE ever raised this specter until after Obama made the deal. I trust these initial accusations with as much merit as the swiftboaters against Kerry. NONE of whom were ever in his unit, or were even in theater at the same time as Kerry.
***** several lines of invectives were deleted here....for the health of entire biosphere *******. Every single one of them, NEEDS to be impeached and.......
and a whole lot more that I shouldn't go into.

The R's sometimes tend to pay the price with their deviousness, such as when they impeached Clinton, and that totally blew up in their face. And as both Jindall and Graham stated after losing the 2012 election, the Republican Party looks like the "Party of Stupid", to use their words. Actually I disagree with them on that-- it more than just looks like the "Party of Stupid".

I'm looking forward to the Republican primary in 2016 whereas their clown car gets reactivated.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
trust these initial accusations with as much merit as the swiftboaters against Kerry.

The swiftboaters were effective. Whatever you thought of Kerry, big lies took the win.

Tom

Daemon Sophic

The swiftboaters were effective. Whatever you thought of Kerry, big lies took the win.

Tom
Swiftboat lies were effective. Many Republicans still think they are true. The idiot pugs are still wrong, and using the swiftboat lies is an intolerable affront to all the good military men and women, and to all citizens of our country.

Lying about Iraqi WMDs was effective. Many Republicans still think that is true. We sent over 4,000 of our young soldiers to die, and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who had no intent of ever doing us any harm. But Bush got his war, Cheney's Halliburton won billions of dollars in insider deals, and US oil barons got their fields. Should we celebrate that one too?

Climate denial lies have been effective in delaying appropriate actions from our government. Many Republicans still think they are correct. ........

Voter fraud lies have.....

Cutting taxes on the rich helps the economy lies.....

Obama is an Islamic Nigerian lies......

Obamacare will destroy the economy lies.....

......and on....and on.....and on......

When do we tar and feather these worthless, anti-American, anti-constitutional, democracy hating, pieces of ******-******, ******,**** ********, ******** ***-*******, and run them out of town on a rail? eh?

esmith

Veteran Member
Swiftboat lies were effective. Many Republicans still think they are true. The idiot pugs are still wrong, and using the swiftboat lies is an intolerable affront to all the good military men and women, and to all citizens of our country.

Lying about Iraqi WMDs was effective. Many Republicans still think that is true. We sent over 4,000 of our young soldiers to die, and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who had no intent of ever doing us any harm. But Bush got his war, Cheney's Halliburton won billions of dollars in insider deals, and US oil barons got their fields. Should we celebrate that one too?

Climate denial lies have been effective in delaying appropriate actions from our government. Many Republicans still think they are correct. ........

Voter fraud lies have.....

Cutting taxes on the rich helps the economy lies.....

Obama is an Islamic Nigerian lies......

Obamacare will destroy the economy lies.....

......and on....and on.....and on......

When do we tar and feather these worthless, anti-American, anti-constitutional, democracy hating, pieces of ******-******, ******,**** ********, ******** ***-*******, and run them out of town on a rail? eh?

Let see now, you say you are around 44 years old. The time period that Kerry was in Vietnam was 1969. That would mean that you were not even born or at the most 1 year old. So, it appears that you have absolutely nothing, nada, squat proof one way or another. Kerry was a disgrace to his uniform just as Jane Fonda is a traitor and a stupid **** *****.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
– This Tea Party Woman Says Women Shouldn’t Be Allowed To Vote
“I’m really going to set you back here. Probably the biggest turn we ever made was when the women got the right to vote. Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person. I do not see that in men. The whole time I worked, I’d much rather have a male boss than a female boss. Double-minded, you never can trust them.

....:eek:....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Oh my...I didn't realize my post, correctly citing republican hypocrisy over this Bergdahl issue, was going to be so hotly debated ......(wow...who knew)....!

esmith

Veteran Member
Oh my...I didn't realize my post, correctly citing republican hypocrisy over this Bergdahl issue, was going to be so hotly debated ......(wow...who knew)....!

Why, the story is all over the place. I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own thread.

Daemon Sophic

Sorry esmith, but you are once again wrong. You are what con-artists like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Murdoch, etc...kindly call a patsy. :yes: :sorry1: :facepalm:
Military Records Debunk 'Swift Boat' Kerry Attacker
Welcome to Swiftvets.eRiposte.Com!
NYT: We vigorously debunked the Swift Boaters in 2004. (Sure you did) - AMERICAblog News
Limbaugh joins other media in whitewashing Swift Boat Vets' falsehoods, claims "nobody has disproven anything they claimed" | Research | Media Matters for America

You have swallowed their lines, hooks, and sinkers.
Also, what in blue blazes would my (or your) age have to do with recognizing the truth? The swiftboaters lied. period.
Are you suggesting that you were on Kerry's boat? That you were personally there, on the day in question?
Yes or no?

Last edited: