• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff Republicans say.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for someone to explain how two men (or women) getting married somehow negatively affects or "diminishes" my marriage.
You don't know? Then your marriage is already doomed because you're
so damaged by gay marriage that you cannot even see the danger it poses.

Last edited:

factseeker88

factseeker88

I don't know about you, but in my dozens of associations with gays, both men and women, I've yet to find one who isn't comfortable in his/her own skin, well adjusted, easy to get along with, willing to discuss their differences.

:yes::yes::yes:

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900) [/FONT]

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” [/FONT]Omar Khayyam

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know about you, but in my dozens of associations with gays, both men and women, I've yet to find one who isn't comfortable in his/her own skin, well adjusted, easy to get along with, willing to discuss their differences.

:yes::yes::yes:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/omar_khayyam.html
That's what they'd have you believe in order to lull you into a complacent state.
Before you know it, you'll be wanting to marry your dog. Think of the children!

factseeker88

factseeker88
>>

Gays are like all other people, no particular reason to believe they are dangerous.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbelief[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of a thing does not alter the nature[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of things” Tillotson[/FONT]

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam [/FONT]

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Gays are like all other people, no particular reason to believe they are dangerous.
What about their trying to convert our youth into gays?
What about the unfair earning advantage of DINKs (dual income, no kids)?
What about their high standards of being fabulous....which we normal folk cannot attain?
And some of them vote Republican (you know...the "Log Cabin" guys).

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
>>

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbelief[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of a thing does not alter the nature[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of things” Tillotson[/FONT]

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam [/FONT]

He doesn't. Rev is a Libertarian and pretty much doesn't care that people are gay. Additionally I don't believe Libertarians think governments should be involved in the marriage business...be they heterosexual or homosexual. I'm sure he's being sarcastic...

https://www.lp.org/platform
1.4 Personal Relationships

Sexual orientation, preference, gender, or gender identity should have no impact on the government's treatment of individuals, such as in current marriage, child custody, adoption, immigration or military service laws. Government does not have the authority to define, license or restrict personal relationships. Consenting adults should be free to choose their own sexual practices and personal relationships.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He doesn't. Rev is a Libertarian and pretty much doesn't care that people are gay. Additionally I don't believe Libertarians think governments should be involved in the marriage business...be they heterosexual or homosexual.
Actually, I think marriage serves a useful legal function.
I just wouldn't limit it to heterosexual relationships.
It shouldn't be for government to decide which people (of consenting age) can get hitched.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Actually, I think marriage serves a useful legal function.
I just wouldn't limit it to heterosexual relationships.
It shouldn't be for government to decide which people (of consenting age) can get hitched.

Yep...that's pretty much my position on these matters as well.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

It shouldn't be the government that decides a lot of things, yet that is exactly what the Dems. and Repubs. both want. Government control. If I want to get freaky with a dude while lighting up a blunt and polishing my AK-47, then by God, let me do it.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It shouldn't be the government that decides a lot of things, yet that is exactly what the Dems. and Repubs. both want. Government control. If I want to get freaky with a dude while lighting up a blunt and polishing my AK-47, then by God, let me do it.

We dems don't want to control government. A one party controoled government by dems or pubs is horrible. I don't have any problem with a third or fourth party but ultimately I see more of the same out of all parties over time but I personally think it's politicians along with corporations that want to control government.

We dems don't care if you smoke (See: Colorado) and other states with democrat governors and/or legislatures. When we were trying to pass it in CO. Republicans were blocking it.

Dems don't care who you sleep with be they male, female, either or both at the same time. Many of the efforts for marriage equality and the Employment Non-Discrimination Act are lead by dems. It's getting tougher for us to get republicans on board with that

Now I will agree with you on Combat Weapons. There's been a more knee jerk reaction to them by more dems than republicans. But many of us stand with the rest of law abiding gun owners. We don't want to see Combat rifles taken off the streets. Personally I've never needed or wanted one (combat Rifle) but I am a gun owner and don't want to deprive others of the ability to purchase/own them.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
He has a good point....

Did you watch the video? It was all opinion with no scientific qualifiers.

Climate Change: Evidence
The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is very likely human-induced and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1,300 years.

In fact, there's always been a whole lot of it.

Yep but it has accelerated during and after the industrial age.

Changes since the Industrial Revolution

1374088243357.jpg

Climate Change: Causes
Most climate scientists agree the main cause of the current global warming trend is human expansion of the "greenhouse effect"-- warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.

So...what's the alternative to skepticism....faith?

I don't understand the question. I don't know what faith is. I simply accept the scientific evidence for global climate change.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you watch the video? It was all opinion with no scientific qualifiers.
Climate Change: Evidence
Yep but it has accelerated during and after the industrial age.
Changes since the Industrial Revolution

1374088243357.jpg

Climate Change: Causes
I don't understand the question. I don't know what faith is. I simply accept the scientific evidence for global climate change.
I don't doubt that climate change is happening, & that there will be difficult consequences.
The problem here is that what you quoted from Murdoch is on the surface quite reasonable.
If he made some loopy unscientific claim, that's what you should'a posted.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I don't doubt that climate change is happening, & that there will be difficult consequences.
The problem here is that what you quoted from Murdoch is on the surface quite reasonable.
If he made some loopy unscientific claim, that's what you should'a posted.

My post was accurate. The quotes were right from the video in which he spouted off a bunch of stuff including numbers/estimates that aren't backed by the science. It just happens to be ("stuff Republicans say")...:rolleyes: