• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Ebionite

So, you really think most Americans are so stupid that they didn't inquire which may be the better masks to wear after the constant barrage of news reports and concern over people dying?
Yes. Look at who they have for a president.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yeah, ignore tye rest of the world and how America had a very poor response amd complaince when I bring it up. You have to because including the rest of the world, especially countries that took it seriously, makes your claim crumble.
You still haven't produced stats/.

stvdv

Veteran Member
The Biden administration "ran afoul" of the First Amendment by trying to pressure social media platforms over controversial COVID-19 content, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled Friday
Thank you Ken for sharing. I am glad to read this. I have been saying this also many times the past few years. I am surprised that a court ruled this way though, I gave up all hope on righteous justice already
I think not only did they pressure websites -- but also silenced opposing medical voices to maintain a narrative. IMV
They also threatened forums that they would not get money from Google ads IF they did not censor, I was told by a moderator
Makes one wonder how many platforms were forced to police, or make their own decision, as to what was right and what was wrong violating Constitutional free speech and the conversations that were pertinent to the issue
Free Speech lost it's meaning quite a bit, I would say

Kenny

Premium Member
They also threatened forums that they would not get money from Google ads IF they did not censor, I was told by a moderator
WOW!

I would assume that additional pressure was placed on sites that did not have a medical background to determine what was true and false and their only plumb-line was whether or not it fit the narrative given by the government.

For us in the US, it was this very reason why our forefathers wanted a Constitution that required a very small non-intrusive national government with more power to the individual States. We are really moved away from the original intent

McBell

Admiral Obvious

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes. Look at who they have for a president.
Vastly more competent and complicit with basic Judeo-Christian values than the previous. Here's what Steven Hawking said about those who support Trump: Hawking called Trump “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” -- Stephen Hawking Angers Trump Supporters with Baffling Array of Long Words

Do you honestly believe even for one second that Trump reflects Judeo-Christian values? Or is it that you don't care?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would assume that additional pressure was placed on sites that did not have a medical background to determine what was true and false and their only plumb-line was whether or not it fit the narrative given by the government.
Like Fox?;)

No serious news station would be willing to do that as they are protected by the 1st Amendment.
For us in the US, it was this very reason why our forefathers wanted a Constitution that required a very small non-intrusive national government with more power to the individual States. We are really moved away from the original intent
We tried that under the Articles of Confederation, but the FF quickly realized that this didn't and wouldn't work. The Constitution gives the government more power than the Articles but also has limitations. For example, no one stopped Trump from speaking his malicious stupidity and dishonesty even though the experts with their studies well knew the damage he was doing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Like Fox?;)

No serious news station would be willing to do that as they are protected by the 1st Amendment.

We tried that under the Articles of Confederation, but the FF quickly realized that this didn't and wouldn't work. The Constitution gives the government more power than the Articles but also has limitations. For example, no one stopped Trump from speaking his malicious stupidity and dishonesty even though the experts with their studies well knew the damage he was doing.
The 1st and 2nd ammendments assume citizens are well informed and responsible for themselves. Rights were never intended to be "free for all" nonsense. It astounds me that the 2nd amendment even applies at all today since it is one sentence and states that the right is to allow citizen militias, which no longer exist. The rights exanded to citizens completely ignores half of the sentence.

The more freedom a citizen wants the more willing they should be to act personally responsible. But this requires a sort of careful introspection and being well informed. This doesn't seem to be conservatives in the last decade.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Vastly more competent and complicit with basic Judeo-Christian values than the previous. Here's what Steven Hawking said about those who support Trump: Hawking called Trump “a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” -- Stephen Hawking Angers Trump Supporters with Baffling Array of Long Words

Do you honestly believe even for one second that Trump reflects Judeo-Christian values? Or is it that you don't care?
Do you believe that Hillary & Joe reflect those values?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suspect a much shorter list would be the one of politicians who reflect those values.
I'm not a fan of Christian values anyway, eg, slavery,
Crusades, intolerance, Manifest Destiny, etc, etc.
But some politicians are so much worse at embracing
the most evil aspects, eh.

Kenny

Premium Member
Like Fox?;)

And like CNN ;)

We tried that under the Articles of Confederation, but the FF quickly realized that this didn't and wouldn't work. The Constitution gives the government more power than the Articles but also has limitations.

No... It was a little more complicated than just that. :)

For example, no one stopped Trump from speaking his malicious stupidity and dishonesty even though the experts with their studies well knew the damage he was doing.

I understand your aversion to Trump... I like a more balance approach so I can include both parties ;)