• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No... It was a little more complicated than just that.
I just gave the basic difference-- not an essay.
I understand your aversion to Trump.
I think any observant Christian and Jew should also have such an aversion as he spouts as he continually spouts sarcasm and dishonesty, thus his demeanor is the polar opposite of what Christ taught.
I like a more balance approach so I can include both parties
I'm an independent. These MAGA's are so morally bankrupt and are a threat to this country.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think any observant Christian and Jew should also have such an aversion as he spouts as he continually spouts sarcasm and dishonesty, thus his demeanor is the polar opposite of what Christ taught.
Anyone who is decent human being with properly functioning moral compass should find him utterly repulsive. He lies, he cheats, he steals, and there is no emd to his bottomless supply of juvenile insults to shield his paper thin ego.

Ebionite

Its a logical fallacy if appealing to authority to claim and cite organizations that declared a pandemic?
Yes, the point is that the "authorities" are not a source of facts. Quoting them as if they are is the fallacy, because the argument was drawing from the facts.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I just gave the basic difference-- not an essay.
The first was "to get the ball rolling" - the second was to "give it longevity... basic difference
I agree totally,... likewise we should feel the same about President Biden as we pray for both of them.

I'm an independent. These MAGA's are so morally bankrupt and are a threat to this country.

I am an independent but had to chose one party because otherwise we have no say-so in the primaries.

Ebionite

Vastly more competent and complicit with basic Judeo-Christian values than the previous.
Judeo Christian values like hubris and hypocrisy, you mean? The Pharisees were condemned for their hypocrisy, and Paul was a Pharisee as well as boastful. James referred to his as the vain man when arguing against his doctrine of faith.

Ebionite

Wow. Just, wow.
That's about as wrong as it gets.
I'm not wrong. Matters of fact belong to the people.

Ad quaestiones facti non respondent judices; ad quaestione legis non respondent juratores. The judges do not answer to questions of fact; the jury do not answer to questions of law. Cu. Litt. 295.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The placebo effect is well known to science, a point which the mask advocates and their "gold standard" science have yet to acknowledge.

Correct the placebo affect is well known. And it is accounted for in most instances where necessary.

The problem is placebo is for medications, not PPE.

You cant placebo affect a test of equipment. Such as masks, gloves, aprons etc. Just like you cant placebo effect the efficacy of a firefighters fire coat.

Something you don't seem to grasp.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Biden administration "ran afoul" of the First Amendment by trying to pressure social media platforms over controversial COVID-19 content, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled Friday.

I think not only did they pressure websites -- but also silenced opposing medical voices to maintain a narrative. IMV

Makes one wonder how many platforms were forced to police, or make their own decision, as to what was right and what was wrong violating Constitutional free speech and the conversations that were pertinent to the issue.

Maybe D J Trump suggesting injecting disinfectant could work,it wouldn’t be a bad thing if they policed this **** lol.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Special pleading. You fail.

You have no idea how that logical fallacy works try again.

Placebos are fascinating, there is some evidence that they work, even when the person receiving the placebo, knows it is a placebo. The point is though that wearing a mask cannot confer a placebo effect, because it is not a medication to solve a problem, rather it is a prospective behaviour to help prevent the spread of the disease.