• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best branch of the military

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
There's nothing good about things and people who bring death to others. :)

War is the maximum expression of ignorance.

100_6655.JPG
100925-F-8789C-002.jpg

They even have their own version of the Boy and Girl Scouts. These fine young Americans will grow up to be successful model citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Still, taking the premise that one must choose a military branch, the Air Force does have some unique advantages, that much is certainly true.

I wouldn't, no. I'd raise them to believe in better alternatives than the destruction of human life. :)

AFJROTC doesn't have any weapons training. I was friends with an AFJROTC cadet and he was the most progressive person I know. I knew the other cadets and found no evidence of brainwashing. They only learned about airplanes and model rockets. I think the Marine cadets get to fire guns though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Navy has planes too....some of the best.
And the Army has nasty deadly attack helicopters.
But my favorite branch is the private sector.....weapon system design!

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Navy has planes too....some of the best.
And the Army has nasty deadly attack helicopters.
But my favorite branch is the private sector.....weapon system design!

I agree, private sector is best, but those that can't make it in private sector can be taken care of in the government jobs.

And learning how to fly on the taxpayers tab is a sweet deal !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree, private sector is best, but those that can't make it in private sector can be taken care of in the government jobs.
And learning how to fly on the taxpayers tab is a sweet deal !
Aye, true dat!

Note:
Beware guys who claim to have flown F-16s during Viet Nam.
Also guys who claim to be alien technology salvage divers.
(Yes....they're around.)

Sees

Dragonslayer
I was an active duty Marine for a while, and there is a lot of pride in the Marine Corps, but I wouldn't claim it the objective best. It's a bit too childish for me and the rest of the world already does it for us anyways :)