• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Because for anything to happen after the seventh day, the seven day has to have ended.

Why are you so stuck on 24 hours?
Genesis does not mention hours at all.
But here you are, obsessed with 24 hours.
Maybe...just maybe... God's timetable is different than mankind's timetable.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Because...the creative days expressed in the Genesis account do not mean 24 hours each but can be much, much longer, each day before men starting counting time.
Which has absolutely NOTHING to with stuff not being able to happen after the seventh day until after the seventh day ends.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No I'm not. But please then tell me if God takes a break once a week.
Since you are the only one bring up the 24 hours, yes you are.
According to your the seventh day has not yet ended theory, we have no way of knowing if god takes a break once a week because the first week has not ended yet.

YoursTrue

Theoretically, this process (by which an adult can revert to polyp form through transdifferentiation of its cells) can go on indefinitely, effectively rendering the jellyfish biologically immortal, although in practice individuals can still die. In nature, most Turritopsis dohrnii are likely to succumb to predation or disease in the medusa stage without reverting to the polyp form.

If the above were not true, the oceans would be totally overcome with them, because they still reproduce.

Please note: "can still die" means NOT immortal.
Right. There is immortality for some. Anyway perhaps we can talk another time.

YoursTrue

Since you are the only one bring up the 24 hours, yes you are.
According to your the seventh day has not yet ended theory, we have no way of knowing if god takes a break once a week because the first week has not ended yet.
O e more thing, McBell. Faith is a gift. Not everyone will receive this gift of the spirit of God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Maybe...just maybe... God's timetable is different than mankind's timetable.
Now it appears you have lost track of what it is you have said.

Reminding me of discussions I had with my great grandmother just before she passed away.
Of course, she had Alzheimer's

SavedByTheLord

Now it appears you have lost track of what it is you have said.

Reminding me of discussions I had with my great grandmother just before she passed away.
Of course, she had Alzheimer's
Can you give a rational explanation for the existence of any gene?
Can you give a rational explanation for how any new gene comes into being with evolution?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Can you give a rational explanation for the existence of any gene?
Can you give a rational explanation for how any new gene comes into being with evolution?
Can you give a rational explanation for when a black dog is most likely to enter a white house?
Can you give a rational explanation for how a fool and his money got together?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
O e more thing, McBell. Faith is a gift. Not everyone will receive this gift of the spirit of God.
So your God plays favourites!? Kind of like the parent that gives two of the kids great Christmas presents, and the third one a bag of dirt, because "we just don't like you very much."

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, I don't believe the story in the first place. But I can read and understand the story and it is very clear that the 'days' had mornings and evenings and the seventh day was just another such day. I don't know of any place in the Bible where it mentions God resting every seventh day, but there is certainly a commandment for us humans to do so.
I won't even get into the issues that the characteristics of God change quite a bit in the Bible, often in directly contradictory ways.
God created during the 6 creative days and God rested from any further creating on the 7th day.
We are to 'rest' from our personal works and continue the work Jesus started at Luke 4:43 and told us to do - Matt. 24:14; Acts 1:8
Rest from literal work but keep on going with spiritual work as Jesus did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Which has absolutely NOTHING to with stuff not being able to happen after the seventh day until after the seventh day ends.
Right, even with 'nothing to do with stuff not being able to happen' also after the 6th creative day.
As Jesus said at John 5:17 that his Father works and so does Jesus. - Just Not creative works.
Just Not more creative works done on the 7th day. After God's Rest Day ends No doubt then there will be more creation works to be seen.
Now is the time for ' spiritual works ' to be accomplished as Jesus did resting from his carpentry job to preach and teach - Luke 4:43

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
True. I confess.
But since I believe God is the creator and has no beginning and no end, He can put to death what He wants and can cause life to spring up. Also He can what He wants as He sees fit.

Great but what does that have to do with the discussion? Are you saying your mind can't be changed and you're just here to troll?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Theoretically, this process (by which an adult can revert to polyp form through transdifferentiation of its cells) can go on indefinitely, effectively rendering the jellyfish biologically immortal, although in practice individuals can still die. In nature, most Turritopsis dohrnii are likely to succumb to predation or disease in the medusa stage without reverting to the polyp form.

If the above were not true, the oceans would be totally overcome with them, because they still reproduce.

Please note: "can still die" means NOT immortal.

That is true. But it is an interesting evolutionary way of dealing with death.