• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I do and that is why evolution and billions of years make no sense.
God raised the mountains and lowered the ocean basins to drain off the water.
You refutation has been refuted.
God is Almighty. Lots of time the false god of evolution is not almighty.
"My God is bigger than your God! My God could have your God in a fight!"

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What about the immortal jellyfish? Some posters here said it lives forever unless, of course, it's gobbled up by a fish or something like that if I remember correctly. Then it doesn't live forever. :). Doesn't sound appetizing, but fishes don't eat like humans do, I guess. No kitchens, no chopping up different ingredients and frying them. They don't have to plant seeds and plow fields.

Some say?@?@? No Jellyfish do not in reality live forever.

Theoretically, this process can go on indefinitely, effectively rendering the jellyfish biologically immortal, although in practice individuals can still die. In nature, most Turritopsis dohrnii are likely to succumb to predation or disease in the medusa stage without reverting to the polyp form.

Theoretically by cloning we can live forever, but no that is not reality either.
Evolution though certainly couldn't be said to have faults, could it?

By faults ??!?!?! No, ah . . . but yes like all sciences there will always unknowns and as the sciences of evolution advances new knowledge.

Your view is not whether it has faults, but it is false based on an ancient tribal sgenda without sicen.
Oh, wait a minute. Could be mutations, but those are not "faults," are they? No, that's only happenstance, if you know what I mean. Mutations that are not necessarily beneficial are not good, and they're not bad. It certainly is not evolution's fault, is it. Of course ot.

Warped view of the science of Genetics based on intentional ignorance.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do and that is why evolution and billions of years make no sense.
God raised the mountains and lowered the ocean basins to drain off the water.
You refutation has been refuted.
God is Almighty. Lots of time the false god of evolution is not almighty.
Poor old SavedByTheLord.

At least I tried.

*Sigh* ─ May your God lead you to value objective truth above stories.

Go well.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So, exactly as I said -- what you "learned" is that God plays favourites.

Question for you -- how do you know you are one of them?
Remember the illustration Jesus gave of the prodigal son. When the son wanted to come back to his father, the father accepted and honored him. I can only tell you really what the Bible says.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I already do.

Can anyone explain the origin of any gene?

Can anyone explain how all the new genes?
Since you obviously know why don't you explain those things to everyone?

Please, enlighten us

Since you are the font of all wisdom and knowledge

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I already do.

Can anyone explain the origin of any gene?
Well, yes, we know the genealogies (pun intended) of a huge number of genes.

As for the first gene, here's a hint ─ no magic was involved.

Or to put that another way ─ when we finally find a satisfactory path from chemistry to biochemistry to the first self-reproducing cell, and can make self-reproducing cells in the lab, will you say, "Ah, that must pretty much how God did it!"?

Or will you persist with your faith in magic, which as you know explains nothing?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Please, enlighten us

Their explanation is nothing more than "GodDidIt"
Which explains nothing.

It is also most comical because it reveals their hypocrisy.
They want extremely detailed explanations, but offer up nothing by way of explanation other than "GodDidIt".

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Their explanation is nothing more than "GodDidIt"
Which explains nothing.

It is also most comical because it reveals their hypocrisy.
They want extremely detailed explanations, but offer up nothing by way of explanation other than "GodDidIt".
And then, to top it off, they have no idea what is being said when they get a generalized explanation.
So to think they would fair better with a detailed explanation is laughable at best.

YoursTrue

Please, enlighten us

Could be something like Dr. Hawking said -- maybe it wanted to make itself? You know like something comes from nothing, you think?

YoursTrue

OK, well if I skipped someone's response and didn't read it or answer to it -- sorry, and hope you all have a good night/evening/day/afternoon etc.

YoursTrue

That doesn't really explain "how" though, does it?

"how" is not "why"
He had his opinion. And he was an educated scientist, wasn't he? So if he said that the universe was made from nothing, do you have any information that it was not made from nothing?