• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

***STAFF EDIT***

Please cite Hawkins specifically.to justify your statements.

I could care less what John Lenox said, He is not Hawkins.
I said that Hawking used circular reasoning and that that was shown by John Lennox.

What (Stephen) Hawking says in his book The Grand Design is the universe exists because it needed to exist, and because it needed to exist, it therefore created itself. His conclusion merely restates his premise, which means his argument is circular. Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists.

Can you explain the origin of any gene?
Can you explain the origin of any new gene?

Last edited by a moderator:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I said that Hawking used circular reasoning and that that was shown by John Lennox.

What (Stephen) Hawking says in his book The Grand Design is the universe exists because it needed to exist, and because it needed to exist, it therefore created itself. His conclusion merely restates his premise, which means his argument is circular. Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists.

Your lies continue unabated. Hawkins is not John Lennox. John Lennox is motivated by his religion and not an unbiased source concerning Hawkins.

You posted lies about what Hawkins said, Post citations in complete context by Hawkins, not Lennox.

SavedByTheLord

Your lies continue unabated. Hawkins is not John Lennox. John Lennox is motivated by his religion and not an unbiased source concerning Hawkins.

You posted lies about what Hawkins said, Post citations in complete context by Hawkins, not Lennox.
John Lennox did a good job of exposing what was circular reasoning by Hawking.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
John Lennox did a good job of exposing what was circular reasoning by Hawking.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
True. I confess.
But since I believe God is the creator and has no beginning and no end, He can put to death what He wants and can cause life to spring up. Also He can what He wants as He sees fit.
Sounds like the top dog among many in an ancient tribal world.

SavedByTheLord

Wow, that is pretty string language.
Atheism is a religion with many zealots.
John Lenox found circular reasoning in Stephen Hawking's statement and Lennox was correct.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Wow, that is pretty string language.
Atheism is a religion with many zealots.
John Lenox found circular reasoning in Stephen Hawking's statement and Lennox was correct.
Maybe not strong enough. Your lies continue unabated. Hawkins is not John Lennox. John Lennox is motivated by his religion and not an unbiased source concerning Hawkins.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So it's whatever suits your purpose. Great system.
Without going into detail about the length of days as it appears in various ways, on what day do you think God created the heavens and the earth? And again, once you answer that if possible, if every creative day is 24 hours each and God rested on the 7th 24-hour day, would you say he rests every 7th day of the week for the rest of existence?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Without going into detail about the length of days as it appears in various ways, on what day do you think God created the heavens and the earth? And again, once you answer that if possible, if every creative day is 24 hours each and God rested on the 7th 24-hour day, would you say he rests every 7th day of the week for the rest of existence?
Detail not necessary ex[;aoning ancient mythology.

YoursTrue

So your God plays favourites!? Kind of like the parent that gives two of the kids great Christmas presents, and the third one a bag of dirt, because "we just don't like you very much."
I learned this a while ago. Only God can give this gift to someone.

YoursTrue

Everything dies. Not the fault of the theory of evolution. Why do you think it is the fault of ToE?
What about the immortal jellyfish? Some posters here said it lives forever unless, of course, it's gobbled up by a fish or something like that if I remember correctly. Then it doesn't live forever. :). Doesn't sound appetizing, but fishes don't eat like humans do, I guess. No kitchens, no chopping up different ingredients and frying them. They don't have to plant seeds and plow fields.
"When the medusa the immortal jellyfish (Turritopsis dohrnii) dies, it sinks to the ocean floor and begins to decay. Amazingly, its cells then reaggregate, not into a new medusa, but into polyps, and from these polyps emerge new jellyfish. The jellyfish has skipped to an earlier life stage to begin again." See? it is said to be immortal. :) https://www.bbcearth.com/news/the-jellyfish-that-never-dies I didn't make it up -- another poster brought this out about the "immortal" jellyfish. :)
Evolution though certainly couldn't be said to have faults, could it? Oh, wait a minute. Could be mutations, but those are not "faults," are they? No, that's only happenstance, if you know what I mean. Mutations that are not necessarily beneficial are not good, and they're not bad. It certainly is not evolution's fault, is it. Of course ot.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I wouldn't say any of that. I have never seen any convincing evidence for a creator God.

YoursTrue

I guess Dr. Hawking figured the universe had a longing to exist. :)-))

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What about the immortal jellyfish? Some posters here said it lives forever unless, of course, it's gobbled up by a fish or something like that if I remember correctly. Then it doesn't live forever. :). Doesn't sound appetizing, but fishes don't eat like humans do, I guess. No kitchens, no chopping up different ingredients and frying them. They don't have to plant seeds and plow fields.
"When the medusa the immortal jellyfish (Turritopsis dohrnii) dies, it sinks to the ocean floor and begins to decay. Amazingly, its cells then reaggregate, not into a new medusa, but into polyps, and from these polyps emerge new jellyfish. The jellyfish has skipped to an earlier life stage to begin again." See? it is said to be immortal. :) https://www.bbcearth.com/news/the-jellyfish-that-never-dies I didn't make it up -- another poster brought this out about the "immortal" jellyfish. :)
Evolution though certainly couldn't be said to have faults, could it? Oh, wait a minute. Could be mutations, but those are not "faults," are they? No, that's only happenstance, if you know what I mean. Mutations that are not necessarily beneficial are not good, and they're not bad. It certainly is not evolution's fault, is it. Of course ot.

I'm not sure how any of that addresses what I asked which was why do you blame ToE for death.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure it violates all conservation laws.
and nothing does not cause something especially all that energy and matter, and all those finely tuned orderly laws of nature.
Your besetting error, which I've drawn to your attention before, is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
You don't understand cosmology or the evidence that supports its theories.
You don't understand the Big Bang or the evidence that supports the Big Bang theory.
You don't understand biology, let alone genetics, hence you have no insight into the theory of evolution or its conclusions.
You don't understand the evidence that suggests ways in which abiogenesis may have occurred ─ but you yourself are evidence that it did indeed occur.

And to most people who have some general or substantial understanding of these things, you appear not to understand how just plain silly your literal bible assertions sound.

For instance, you'll recall that if the Genesis flood actually occurred, there was at that time a billion cubic miles of water on the earth over and above the water that's here now, and when I asked you where it is now, you said God took it away by magic.

I wish I could convey to you how overwhelmingly ─ I'm looking for a kind word ─ naive that makes you sound.

You're welcome to your faith if it feels right to you. But you might like to try informing yourself about what you're attacking, to the point where you have some insight into why people think it offers the best explanations. Who knows but you may notice too that it makes more sense than magic.

The thing wrong with magic is that it explains nothing, unless you can also tell us HOW magic works. When God said, Let there be light, what then happened, step by step, that brought the electro-magnetic spectrum (or perhaps, the missing part of it) into being? How can that be duplicated in an appropriate environment, a laboratory or collider or whatever's required?

Last edited:

SavedByTheLord

Your besetting folly, which I've drawn to your attention before, is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
You don't understand cosmology or the evidence that supports its theories.
You don't understand the Big Bang or the evidence that supports the Big Bang theory.
You don't understand biology, let alone genetics, hence you have no insight into the theory of evolution or its conclusions.
You don't understand the evidence that suggests ways in which abiogenesis may have occurred ─ but you yourself are evidence that it did indeed occur.

And to most people who have some general or substantial understanding of these things, you appear not to understand how just plain silly your literal bible assertions sound.

For instance, you'll recall that if the Genesis flood actually occurred, there was at that time a billion cubic miles of water on the earth over and above the water that's here now, and when I asked you where it is now, you said God took it away by magic.

I wish I could convey to you how overwhelmingly ─ I'm looking for a kind word ─ naive that makes you sound.

You're welcome to your faith if it feels right to you. But you might like to try informing yourself with what you're attacking, to the point where you have some insight into why people think it offers the best explanations. Who knows but you may notice too that it makes more sense than magic.

The thing wrong with magic is that it explains nothing, unless you can also tell us HOW magic works. When God said, Let there be light, what then happened, step by step, that brought the electro-magnetic spectrum (or perhaps, the missing part of it) into being? How can that be duplicated in an appropriate environment, a laboratory or collider or whatever's required?
I do and that is why evolution and billions of years make no sense.
God raised the mountains and lowered the ocean basins to drain off the water.
You refutation has been refuted.
God is Almighty. Lots of time the false god of evolution is not almighty.