• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

Before we get onto the subject of devils, what real entity do you intend to denote when you say "God"?

At least the pagans you criticize could sort-of answer that questions by pointing to their stone image.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't show me a real god, only talk about (but never demonstrate in reality) a god who exists solely in the imagination of the individual, no?
The intelligently designed creation proves the Creator so I just showed you that you are wrong.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But without any specifics and that just shows that you have accepted the religious dogma of evolution.

The atheist has no almighty so he must deny the real Almighty God and try and make a god for himself to worship, aka, the devil.
What are you talking about? We don't worship anyone, have no desire to make a god for ourselves. We lack belief 'cause there's no evidence.
Just as the old pagans worshipped a statue or the sun in their delusion, so the atheist must worship a thing, in this case the universe so he does not look so stupid as worshipping a statue.
Where are you coming up with all this ridiculous nonsense? Why must we have anything to worship? Are you just projecting your own anxiety?
So the atheist says the universe always was, and that with time all things are possible, What an hypocrisy. With God all things are possible but with time not all things are possible,
When did atheists ever say this? You really have no understanding of where we're coming from at all. Nor do you understand science or reason. You're just making things up as you go along.
That is why I have concentrated on some of the biggest delusions of evolution and billions of years like the first living creature.
How does knowing what the first living creature was have anything to do with evolution?
You haven't even defined life. Do you think life/non-life is an either-or?
What was the first living thing?
Where did the orderly universe come from?
Without an answer to this required question, all of evolution and billions of years is falsified for ever.
You know the answers already. Why do you keep asking these questions when you know they're irrelevant? Neither evolution nor an old universe depend on the answers to these questions.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The intelligently designed creation proves the Creator so I just showed you that you are wrong.
To be fair, there's no evidence, and no necessity, for a designer,

If there were, that designer would be inefficient to a brain-boggling degree, needing 14 bn years and maybe septillions of stars and their associated planets just to produce humans on one of those planets, no?

And it's not as if humans are such a brilliant idea if you're looking from the outside. Ever since they got smart enough to trash the earth, they've made a remarkably effective job of doing so, no?

If I were a superbeing with superpowers, and I thought humans were in some or other way valuable or important or useful enough to justify the effort, I'd have stepped in and prevented it from happening in the first place, way back when. That would certainly be the smart way of solving the problem, no?

SavedByTheLord

To be fair, there's no evidence, and no necessity, for a designer,

If there were, that designer would be inefficient to a brain-boggling degree, needing 14 bn years and maybe septillions of stars and their associated planets just to produce humans on one of those planets, no?

And it's not as if humans are such a brilliant idea if you're looking from the outside. Ever since they got smart enough to trash the earth, they've made a remarkably effective job of doing so, no?

If I were a superbeing with superpowers, and I thought humans were in some or other way valuable or important or useful enough to justify the effort, I'd have stepped in and prevented it from happening in the first place, way back when. That would certainly be the smart way of solving the problem, no?
Except living things and the orderly universe.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Except living things and the orderly universe.

Tell me, where did God come from? And where exactly was God before the universe came into being?

And why couldn't he make humans less extravagantly than needing 14bn years and septillions of planets?

SavedByTheLord

Tell me, where did God come from? And where exactly was God before the universe came into being?

And why couldn't he make humans less extravagantly than needing 14bn years and septillions of planets?
Well God has always existed as that is the very nature of God.
As to where God was before the universe the Bible is silent and would not speculate.
And God created mankind in his current form with the exception that man will now die because of sin.
So, it never made sense that God would take 14 billions of years to create man.
As to the multitude of planets, that just shows the glory of God.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Give it up! :D

"If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest."
- Proverbs 29:9.

Sargonski

But without any specifics and that just shows that you have accepted the religious dogma of evolution.

The atheist has no almighty so he must deny the real Almighty God and try and make a god for himself to worship, aka, the devil. Just as the old pagans worshipped a statue or the sun in their delusion, so the atheist must worship a thing, in this case the universe so he does not look so stupid as worshipping a statue.
So the atheist says the universe always was, and that with time all things are possible, What an hypocrisy. With God all things are possible but with time not all things are possible,
That is why I have concentrated on some of the biggest delusions of evolution and billions of years like the first living creature.

Just because people disagree with your flawed scientific perspective, does not make them atheists and "The Devil" the deceiver you speak of seeks to divide along such divisions as per the word of our Lord and "The Truth" that you seem to despise

You were given specifics .. why is it that you pretend otherwise if not some intent to deceive. Genetic Mutations were explained to you. What part of Genetic Mutations = Evolution has not been made clear to you ? Genetic Mutations happen all the time .. and when they do .. the species has evolved .. most times negatively .. but sometimes the mutation is positive .. advancing the species.

You then claim that "The universe always was" is some Atheist position .. which is false as there are Theists who believe this premise.

Deception - Falsehood - Deflection and Division -- all come from what place SBTL ?

SavedByTheLord

Just because people disagree with your flawed scientific perspective, does not make them atheists and "The Devil" the deceiver you speak of seeks to divide along such divisions as per the word of our Lord and "The Truth" that you seem to despise

You were given specifics .. why is it that you pretend otherwise if not some intent to deceive. Genetic Mutations were explained to you. What part of Genetic Mutations = Evolution has not been made clear to you ? Genetic Mutations happen all the time .. and when they do .. the species has evolved .. most times negatively .. but sometimes the mutation is positive .. advancing the species.

You then claim that "The universe always was" is some Atheist position .. which is false as there are Theists who believe this premise.

Deception - Falsehood - Deflection and Division -- all come from what place SBTL ?
Rubbish.
If the universe has not always exited, where did everything come from?
And if the universe has always existed, what caused it?

Sargonski

Rubbish.
If the universe has not always exited, where did everything come from?
And if the universe has always existed, what caused it?

It is your Rubbish .. not mine. First you say "the atheist says the universe always was" .. then you adopt the position of the atheist claiming the Earth has always existed .. a contradiction and irrelevant deflection from the irrational and unfounded claim that if one believes in scientific fact one is necessarily an Atheist .. and that belief in scientific fact is some kind of atheist religion.

In addition - you deflected from the main topic of discussion -- that Evolution is Scientific Fact - how it works explained in specific detail as you demanded .. you were shown the way God Planned it, ... yet you have not ears the Truth .. Down the path of Deflection Deception and Division as if this is the path to salvation ?

The universe has been around for as long as anyone can remember - which is not much longer than 100 years - beyond that is anyone's guess .. of which there are many .. Let us know when you figure out what your guess is .. .. but what ever that guess is .. someone having a different guess does not make that person an atheist .. nor your guess make you a theist. To suggest the contrary is the Rubbish in the room.

SavedByTheLord

It is your Rubbish .. not mine. First you say "the atheist says the universe always was" .. then you adopt the position of the atheist claiming the Earth has always existed .. a contradiction and irrelevant deflection from the irrational and unfounded claim that if one believes in scientific fact one is necessarily an Atheist .. and that belief in scientific fact is some kind of atheist religion.

In addition - you deflected from the main topic of discussion -- that Evolution is Scientific Fact - how it works explained in specific detail as you demanded .. you were shown the way God Planned it, ... yet you have not ears the Truth .. Down the path of Deflection Deception and Division as if this is the path to salvation ?

The universe has been around for as long as anyone can remember - which is not much longer than 100 years - beyond that is anyone's guess .. of which there are many .. Let us know when you figure out what your guess is .. .. but what ever that guess is .. someone having a different guess does not make that person an atheist .. nor your guess make you a theist. To suggest the contrary is the Rubbish in the room.
If evolution is gradual, there should be millions of chains of missing links. All are missing. Why? They should be finding missing links every day. Why not?

There should also be partially developed organs, etc. in all individual creatures right now and that have ever lived. There are not why?

The odds against these 2 things are mind boggling. Just for the missing links, I estimate odds against of about 10^10 million to 1. The odds against the missing partially developed organs and functions is way vaster than that. I estimate odds against of about 10^10 billion billion billion to 1.

Of course, the odds against all the ordered sequences in all the DNA, RNA, and proteins in all creatures that ever lived is more than 10^(10^43) to 1.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Bad analogy proves evolution is a lie.
And you just keep on fulfilling Biblical prophecy and proving the Bible true.
No. Bad analogy only proves that you do not understand science.

Or were you complaining about my use of your "logic"? If it is wrong when
I do it, it is wrong when you do it. One of the main reasons that you keep getting your donkey handed to you is because you cannot reason consistently.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If evolution is gradual, there should be millions of chains of missing links. All are missing. Why? They should be finding missing links every day. Why not?

There should also be partially developed organs, etc. in all individual creatures right now and that have ever lived. There are not why?

The odds against these 2 things are mind boggling. Just for the missing links, I estimate odds against of about 10^10 million to 1. The odds against the missing partially developed organs and functions is way vaster than that. I estimate odds against of about 10^10 billion billion billion to 1.

Of course, the odds against all the ordered sequences in all the DNA, RNA, and proteins in all creatures that ever lived is more than 10^(10^43) to 1.
Thank you for admitting that you are wrong again by using an argument that has been refuted far too many times.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And what caused the orderly universe to come into being?
Unknown -- and irrelevant. It's here.
You can speculate on "causes" all you want, but the fact is, not all things depend on causation. You're extrapolating from your own, subjective experience.

"Not currently known" does not equal "Goddidit" or magic.

SavedByTheLord

Unknown -- and irrelevant. It's here.
You can speculate on "causes" all you want, but the fact is, not all things depend on causation. You're extrapolating from your own, subjective experience.

"Not currently known" does not equal "Goddidit" or magic.
It is sometimes called the universal law of cause and effect.