• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The Jews returning to Israel and the nation coming into being again.
Not exact timing.
The increase of knowledge in the last days.
Neither specific nor exact timing. Also true for most times in history.
The increase of worldwide travel in the last days.
Neither specific nor exact timing. Also true for most times in history.
The new versions that have been produced in the last days.
The falling away from faith in the last days.
Neither specific nor exact timing. Also true through almost all times.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Specific verses making that specific prediction?
Luckily he does not seem to be aware of the extreme mental gymnastics of some that read Daniel and reinterpret it in a massive way. They have to assume a date of writing of Daniel that is wrong. They have to use more than one definition of time periods. It is just a mess to follow

It only goes to show you that if one is willing to make up total nonsense that the Bible can support anything.

Esteban X

The Jews returning to Israel and the nation coming into being again.
The increase of knowledge in the last days.
The increase of worldwide travel in the last days.
The new versions that have been produced in the last days.
The falling away from faith in the last days.
Those have been happening for the last 2000+ years and before. The End Times "prophecies" can be summarized as "business as usual".

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Thank you. My studies have been predominantly the Torah, and I thought you were referring to the Genesis account. That's really a very odd little verse that you have found! :)
The king James Bible is a pretty good translation and it doesn't say what polymath is saying so maybe we'll have to go into the Greek or Hebrew to figure it out if we quibble. Polymath is misinterpreting because he used a misleading translation, for a person with insight, it is in harmony with the Genesis account.. Here is how the King James version puts it:
  • 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Earth standing out of water in the water. Just as it is today and as described in Genesis.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The king James Bible is a pretty good translation and it doesn't say what polymath is saying so maybe we'll have to go into the Greek or Hebrew to figure it out if we quibble. Polymath is misinterpreting because he used a misleading translation, for a person with insight, it is in harmony with the Genesis account.. Here is how the King James version puts it:
  • 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
Earth standing out of water in the water. Just as it is today and as described in Genesis.
KJV was produced from later originals than the translation I am using, which attempts a close to literal translation into english.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
First, teh KJV is one of the worst out there.

Second, I check Biblehub.com and pretty much the status quo is to translate it that the earth was "formed out of water." In ordinary English, that would mean that someone or something took water, and made the earth out of it.

YoursTrue

Second, I check Biblehub.com and pretty much the status quo is to translate it that the earth was "formed out of water." In ordinary English, that would mean that someone or something took water, and made the earth out of it.
However it happened, so like you say you don't believe what Genesis said, and think it was mythical. Ok. Whatever...what you're saying doesn't make sense anyway.

YoursTrue

So it was formed out of water. There was apparently lots and lots of water. Take care.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
However it happened, so like you say you don't believe what Genesis said, and think it was mythical. Ok. Whatever...what you're saying doesn't make sense anyway.
Yes, I think Genesis 1 is mythical. And I think Peter was simply repeating whatever myth he had been told. My only interest in this discussion, is that I was unaware there was a Christian teaching that the earth was made out of water, until the verse from 2 Peter 3:5 was posted in the room. I always enjoy learning new things.

And I'm of course curious to see where the various Christians in this forum fall on the spectrum of inquiries as to whether they take this literally.

The EVIDENCE of course, shows that the earth was created out of the accretion disk that resulted from a supernova. Thus, land came first. Water came later.

YoursTrue

Yes, I think Genesis 1 is mythical. And I think Peter was simply repeating whatever myth he had been told. My only interest in this discussion, is that I was unaware there was a Christian teaching that the earth was made out of water, until the verse from 2 Peter 3:5 was posted in the room. I always enjoy learning new things.

And I'm of course curious to see where the various Christians in this forum fall on the spectrum of inquiries as to whether they take this literally.

The EVIDENCE of course, shows that the earth was created out of the accretion disk that resulted from a supernova. Thus, land came first. Water came later.
I was thinking about you and wondered if you think a messiah/deliverer for the Jews will come.

YoursTrue

KJV was produced from later originals than the translation I am using, which attempts a close to literal translation into english.
I looked at the interlinear Greek and of course translation judgments need to be made. Nevertheless earth water very close and profound. No life here without water.