• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

To you? Probably not since you refuse to learn the basics of science. Could I do so for a person who can reason rationally? Yes.
I no the basics science, math and logic and even more than just the basics.

No, he only claimed that. Lennox is not a physicist.
He is a mathematician and only math, basic science and logic is needed to spot circular reasoning.
In fact, Lennox proved that the Big Bang is just circular reasoning.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I no the basics science, math and logic and even more than just the basics.

He is a mathematician and only math, basic science and logic is needed to spot circular reasoning.
In fact, Lennox proved that the Big Bang is just circular reasoning.
No you don't. You don't even know what is and what is not evidence.

Then why didn't Lennox show that Hawking used circular reasoning? His unsupported claim is worthless.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Nothing at all.
God Almighty created all things.
I'd say he creates all things out of himself, rather than out of nothing, that makes no sense to me

And notice I said "creates" rather than "created"

But I still believe in evolution and that the universe is billions of years old and that science is right etc.

And I don't think God is truly a "he" either

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm sorry, but in Genesis didn't God create things out of nothing?
S
He said "let there be light" and light existed, out of nothing having not previously existing
You don't know that. But like others, you can hold your ground even if you don't know that. Take care.
I'd say he creates all things out of himself, rather than out of nothing, that makes no sense to me

But I still believe in evolution and that the universe is billions of years old and that science is right etc.

So is there nothing or is there not nothing? Have a good one!

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
You don't know that. But like others, you can hold your ground even if you don't know that. Take care.

So is there nothing or is there not nothing? Have a good one!
I don't believe in the God who features in Genesis

People such as yourself who believe in Yahweh thinks the word "God" only pertains to Yahweh and it really doesn't

When I was talking about Yahweh creating stuff I was talking about what you and others like you believe, not what I believe

I believe in God but to me your Yahweh is very much a false God, it is a God Concept that I do not believe corresponds with the truth about God

gnostic

The Lost One
So then you're saying God does or doesn't need a day off once a week? Maybe He only needed that day off and didn't take any more days off in the following weeks, is that what you think about that?

Genesis creation is still a myth, YoursTrue.

The Exodus 16 - the law of the sabbath was for the Israelites benefits, not for God’s benefit.

All other laws in the Exodus and other books attributed to Moses (eg Numbers & Leviticus) are also for the benefits to the Israelites. However there really weren’t any real Moses, as these books that were attributed to Moses didn’t exist until they during the 6th century BCE, when some Jews of Judah were living in exile at Babylon.

plus, none of these laws (Torah) applied to outsiders, eg the Torah are not for the Egyptians, Canaanites, Greeks to follow, these ancient peoples have their own rules, customs, calendars & celebrations to follow.

plus, Christians don’t follow the sabbath, as the post-Jesus churches have moved the holy day from the last or 7th day week to the 1st day of the week. Even Jesus follow the sabbath, and he wasn’t the one who changed the day of rest to Sunday.

YoursTrue

I don't believe in the God who features in Genesis

People such as yourself who believe in Yahweh thinks the word "God" only pertains to Yahweh and it really doesn't

When I was talking about Yahweh creating stuff I was talking about what you and others like you believe, not what I believe

I believe in God but to me your Yahweh is very much a false God, it is a God Concept that I do not believe corresponds with the truth about God
Thank you for expressing yourself. Have a good evening, day, whatever it is where you're at. It's late afternoon where I am.

YoursTrue

Genesis creation is still a myth, YoursTrue.

The Exodus 16 - the law of the sabbath was for the Israelites benefits, not for God’s benefit.

All other laws in the Exodus and other books attributed to Moses (eg Numbers & Leviticus) are also for the benefits to the Israelites. However there really weren’t any real Moses, as these books that were attributed to Moses didn’t exist until they during the 6th century BCE, when some Jews of Judah were living in exile at Babylon.

plus, none of these laws (Torah) applied to outsiders, eg the Torah are not for the Egyptians, Canaanites, Greeks to follow, these ancient peoples have their own rules, customs, calendars & celebrations to follow.

plus, Christians don’t follow the sabbath, as the post-Jesus churches have moved the holy day from the last or 7th day week to the 1st day of the week. Even Jesus follow the sabbath, and he wasn’t the one who changed the day of rest to Sunday.
I realize what you are saying, many say that. I do not go along with their reasoning, yes I realize there is limited evidence but...as you probably realize, lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen.take care.

YoursTrue

Is science always right?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Is science always right?
When there is a conflict with religion on matters of scientific fact, yes

But religion concerns many things that don't concern science

And science concerns many things that don't concern religion

I think it is foolish to mix the two up with each other

When it comes to how old Earth is I will always go with the verdict of the scientific consnsus over what various religious types believe

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No problem for God Almighty, but impossible for the no god who cannot do anything of evolution.
The problem here is that you made a bold empty claim, then shot yourself in the foot by showing your bold empty claim is nothing but bovine feces.

Sadly, you are unable to comprehend what that does for your credibility.