• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bunching of religions into one - CHristianity

lew0049

CWebb
Any religion that claims to be the one true path isn't.

so if there was a religion that claimed, as you state, there isn't one true path, then that would be the true path. The fact you are denying the mutual exclusivity of a religion (assuming you mean Christianity), asserts that you are making a mutually exclusive claim.

Smoke

Done here.
so if there was a religion that claimed, as you state, there isn't one true path, then that would be the true path.
No, that doesn't follow.

Anyone who says he is the Emperor of the Moon is lying. It doesn't follow that anyone who says there is no Emperor of the Moon is the Emperor of the Moon.

No offense to 'notblindedbythedevil'. But when we share our views in these threads we are to expect conflicting views and opinions. I'm a pastor, and must always keep the words of 2 Timothy 4:2 in mind: "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."

Party! notblindedbythedevil is blined by the devil, get out of this forum.

I agree with Pastor Roc, when you debate religion, you debate religion, not christianity.

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please stay on topic. Several off-topic posts have been removed.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

And this justifies the generalized bashing of Christianity how?

You realize that you're about the only atheist I've ever met who equated asking tough questions with "bashing Christianity," right?

I am one of those people.

Then you know!

When challenged rationally yes. When people generalize and spew irrational prejudice then no.

Again, when did rational challenges magically turn into "irrational prejudice"?

Another simple generalization. Yes, I have been told I am going to hell. I've also had my character judged by people referencing star charts. What's the difference.

So, you're cool with that? It's not just a stereotype, man. It's a fact. FYI I don't sense a Hostile Pagan Takeover(TM) any time soon... :D

They say that, but really, they absolutely hate our guts. The hate the other religions and their 'gods'. They believe in their heads that "we should become withered branches in fires" Heard it before?

From liberal Christians??

I dont think he understands how much that annoyed me.

:troll:

I came to this site thinking I can help outhers in their questions.
I believe in the bible and Jesus and that he died for our sins, So we can have a chance eternal life.The Bible is for all people All I herd so far is the bible is rubbish and its just a book. I think its very wicked to call the bible rubbish. The Bible is from God your creator. Please repent for what you said turn to God and Christ.
I will never come back to this web site all I see is man appeasing man. I leave you with this
Matt 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the DUST of your feet.

I hate to hear that your words couldn't survive the acid test. Any chance your mind could open a little, and you could take and not just give?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Also, let's keep in mind something: Christians' worrying that their faith is getting "bashed" is nothing new.

This has gone on for a long, long time, and the list of these kinds of threads on forums everywhere is endless.

My charge, again, is this: If that is supposedly a problem, then when it comes to debates, why does conservative Christianity repeatedly fail to stand under its own weight?

Pariah

Let go
Then lets talk about Hinduism. Before I became a believer in Jesus (hardcore atheist), Hinduism was one of the many religions that I looked at in my persuit for the "truth" in the world, if there was one that is. Nevertheless, many aspects of Hinduism seemed lacking... maybe you can enlighten me on a few?

Let us know what was lacking in Hinduism and we might be able to straighten out those points.

I leave you with this quote.

Learn 23:26
"Visit the Hinduism forum once in a while and you might learn about another religion besides your own. You cannot condense 4000 years of philosophy into a few statements."

gnomon

You realize that you're about the only atheist I've ever met who equated asking tough questions with "bashing Christianity," right?

Then you know!

Again, when did rational challenges magically turn into "irrational prejudice"?

Bah. I think I've been having an issue over style.

These past few days I've been ... Dawkinsfied:shrug:.

I have found my respect for not only faith based claims on the natural world but faith based claims in general to be...waning.

Luke, it means, that when people talk about religion, they ain't. They are talking about about christianity. People are generalising religion into Christianity.

Luke_17:2

Fundamental Bible-thumper
Oh, I see. I thought that may be it, but wanted to be sure as I am a master of mininterpreting people's statements.

I've noticed that...

I've always considered it attacks by the devil.

Luke_17:2

Fundamental Bible-thumper
it isn't a sin. It's the devil who attacks, not the people.

It is annoying, but attention is assuring.

The devil? You are blaming someone else for your faults? The devil doesent "attack" anyone, i believe. Thats like killing someone and blaming your neighbour for it.

lew0049

CWebb
No, that doesn't follow.

Anyone who says he is the Emperor of the Moon is lying. It doesn't follow that anyone who says there is no Emperor of the Moon is the Emperor of the Moon.

You see though, you are using an example which refers to the status of a physical thing - that has no meaning in what I was saying. If someone denies that one religion (even though relgigion is man-made) is the only way to the "truth", then essentially that says there are many paths you can follow that all encompass the "truth" -> meaning they are 100% certain of this. I am not talking about the various paths that make you happy throughout life or what makes you feel good, those are meaningless. Yes, I do believe that those are great things but that does not mean you are any closer to the truth. You follow at all?