• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Coronation of Christian King Charles III

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Well, I believe in "the God", that created and maintains the universe .. is that what you mean by special?

Many other gods that you dismiss as false are also purported to have created and maintained the universe, so no: that does not make your god special. Creator-gods are a dime a dozen.

What would make your god special is being exempt from the trend you see and acknowledge in every single other god humanity has ever believed in.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Really?
I doubt it .. care to name some?

Sure. Here are some examples:

Examples include:

Zwing

What objective evidence would you expect, if God exists?
How about a God revealing itself in some sensorily perceptible way? The thing is, nobody has ever perceived God in any sensory manner, but rather only mentally/intellectually. Why would a God which wanted to be recognized for what he is remain hidden from mankind?

Zwing

There are not many different gods .. this is merely a claim.
Well, if you as a Muslim conceive of God as depicted in the Qur’an, and a Vaishnavin Hindu conceived of Vishnu as his God, then you two conceive of different gods, both claiming that the other’s god is not actual.

Zwing

…I believe in "the God", that created and maintains the universe…
Yes, but you have not answered @9-10ths_Penguin ’s question, instead stating a proposition; what evidence do you have in support for this proposition? I believe in the natural generation of the universe, and cite as evidence the multivarious findings of physics and the other sciences. Why do you believe in this supernaturalist view, which was once my own?

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Well, if you as a Muslim conceive of God as depicted in the Qur’an, and a Vaishnavin Hindu conceived of Vishnu as his God, then you two conceive of different gods, both claiming that the other’s god is not actual.
When was the "Hindu god" discovered?
Could it be that Hinduisim today, is a mish-mash of many beliefs, that has evolved over time?

It is entirely plausible, that many religious traditions have evolved into something unrecognisable from their roots.

Zwing

..as I say, you just say "natural", as if that is an explanation.
Since we have been surrounded by nature and its processes all of our lives, we should think that occurrences happen naturally…in a natural manner and for natural reasons. Our assumption as humans should be that all things happen naturally, unless we have convincing evidence to the contrary. That is the point; there is no need to seek supernatural reasons for anything, unless there is some manifestation which suggests that one do so. In the case of “God” as an agent of creation, there seems not to be; stories written in ancient texts do not represent convincing evidence.

Last edited: