• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Debate of God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So you do not have an answer to the question?
Interesting development given your one track mindedness of which came first drills....

Apparently...obviously....
You dont like the answers so far.

Was there a point of which you wanted to make denial?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The number of people that believe in a claim doesn't affect whether or not it's true. Everyone might have once believed that the Earth was flat, but we now know that it's not. Believing that it was flat didn't make it flat.

And in like manner...the lack of proof seems to keep people from believing in God.

Unfortunately for that demand of proof.....that won't happen.

No photos, no fingerprints, no equations, no repeatable experiments.
No proof.

When it comes to believing...you just have to think about it.

Try deciding if it was spirit..... or substance.....that came first.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You dont like the answers so far.
I understand that you are overly impressed with your tendency to be all mystical, but the fact of the matter is that you have not answered the question.

In fact, it has gotten to the point that you are now being flat out dishonest about the whole thing.

Was there a point of which you wanted to make denial?
you have not answered the question.
You deny the fact that you have not answered the question.

Your blatant dishonesty is disappointing, though not at all surprising.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I understand that you are overly impressed with your tendency to be all mystical, but the fact of the matter is that you have not answered the question.

In fact, it has gotten to the point that you are now being flat out dishonest about the whole thing.

you have not answered the question.
You deny the fact that you have not answered the question.

Your blatant dishonesty is disappointing, though not at all surprising.

So rephrase the question to your liking and post again...

I'll sugar coat it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No? Then why do you treat belief as truth?

Cause and reason.
The actual question should be...which came first?
Spirit...or substance.

Then proceed with the decided response.

If substance first then this life is a mystery with no resolve.
Billions of individuals all headed to the grave.
And not one chance of surviving the last breath?......really.

Eternal darkness is physically real.....not a 'belief'.
No form of light follows anyone into the grave.
No sunlight, no moonlight, no man made light,...no philosophical light.

Really is dark down there!

RogerTheAtheist

A born-again freethinker
And in like manner...the lack of proof seems to keep people from believing in God.

Unfortunately for that demand of proof.....that won't happen.

No photos, no fingerprints, no equations, no repeatable experiments.
No proof.

When it comes to believing...you just have to think about it.

Try deciding if it was spirit..... or substance.....that came first.

If there's no evidence for god, then that's on him. The least one would expect if required to believe in something is evidence as a valid reason to believe it. It would sort of be like police arresting people for wearing red shirts, which was a new secret law that no one was told about.

Asking if spirit or substance came first assumes that spirits exist.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Cause and reason.

But if you were employing reason, you would never treat belief as truth until you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was indeed truth. If you were truly honest, you would simply admit, most humbly, that you just don't know, rather than taking a position that might prove just as foolhardy as the one you are taking a position against.

The actual question should be...which came first?
Spirit...or substance.

No, the question should be: what is the difference between them, and where does that difference exist?

If you had paid attention, you would have noticed the absolutely astounding statement in the Bible, which says:

"...and the Word BECAME flesh..."....

...making them one and the same!

Eternal darkness is physically real.....not a 'belief'.
No form of light follows anyone into the grave.
No sunlight, no moonlight, no man made light,...no philosophical light.

Really is dark down there!

...and yet there, in the very midst of total darkness, is light itself.:D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But if you were employing reason, you would never treat belief as truth until you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was indeed truth. If you were truly honest, you would simply admit, most humbly, that you just don't know, rather than taking a position that might prove just as foolhardy as the one you are taking a position against.

No, the question should be: what is the difference between them, and where does that difference exist?

If you had paid attention, you would have noticed the absolutely astounding statement in the Bible, which says:

"...and the Word BECAME flesh..."....

...making them one and the same!

...and yet there, in the very midst of total darkness, is light itself.:D

You wrote as if to rebuttal...and your words ARE my rebuttal.

The Word became flesh.....okay.
Having done so.....His person is unique and localized.
So too is yours.

And again the question returns....Are you God?
If not...then He is separate of you.
So am 'I'.

Jeyzeus

I know that I will never know everything. I am alright with never knowing everything. There are probably somethings that is VERY true about the universe that I won't ever know. I know that there are things that are very true to other people that I will never know. All of the this knowledge in the universe to be known and yet none if it asks to be known.

Yet, for some reason, the creator of all of this knowledge, according to my human sources, deeply cares for us and wants us to know him. Yet, I wouldn't know this unless some human told me about this knowledge. On top of all this, I have to figure out what source from man has all the correct information about what God said/did/wants from me.

But the strangest thing I've heard about knowledge from God, is that you have to believe my humanly sources wholeheartedly before God gives me direct knowledge of himself.

roman2819

Why is it difficult to deby that God exist?

Because the creation pointed to Him. To believe that the millions of planys and living creatures all happen by themselves is even tougher than believing in God.

Kemble

Because the creation pointed to Him. To believe that the millions of planys and living creatures all happen by themselves is even tougher than believing in God.

Please get yourself a spell check.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I know that I will never know everything. I am alright with never knowing everything. There are probably somethings that is VERY true about the universe that I won't ever know. I know that there are things that are very true to other people that I will never know. All of the this knowledge in the universe to be known and yet none if it asks to be known.

Yet, for some reason, the creator of all of this knowledge, according to my human sources, deeply cares for us and wants us to know him. Yet, I wouldn't know this unless some human told me about this knowledge. On top of all this, I have to figure out what source from man has all the correct information about what God said/did/wants from me.

But the strangest thing I've heard about knowledge from God, is that you have to believe my humanly sources wholeheartedly before God gives me direct knowledge of himself.

"Know thyself" first, and the rest will fall into place of its own accord.

godnotgod

Thou art That

The world is neither an accident nor planned. Free your mind from those two. However:

"Just because the water in a teapot boils when placed over a fire does not mean there is a fire-god within the fire."

godnotgod

Thou art That
You wrote as if to rebuttal...and your words ARE my rebuttal.

The Word became flesh.....okay.
Having done so.....His person is unique and localized.
So too is yours.

And again the question returns....Are you God?
If not...then He is separate of you.
So am 'I'.

You claim Reason and Science as your methodology, yet choose belief as your doctrine.