• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Debate of God.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
As I said....God before all else..... so I believe....(high there!)

Creator before creation.
No numbers at the point of singularity.

Well, that's good for you. :)

You asked, I answered my view. We have different views, and I'm okay with that.

I'm not sure what the "no numbers at the point of singularity" means though.

godnotgod

Thou art That
As you are now....as "YOU" are now....

There is no permanent 'you' or 'I'. Anywhere within your entire body, there is constant change, constant activity on the cellular, molecular, and atomic levels. 'You' are not the same from one moment to the next.

You previously said you put your stock in science. I have just given you a dose of science.

So can you tell me where this so-called 'you' or 'I' dwells, or are you going to deny the science you claim to follow?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
There is no permanent 'you' or 'I'. Anywhere within your entire body, there is constant change, constant activity on the cellular, molecular, and atomic levels. 'You' are not the same from one moment to the next.
And if particles pop in and out of existence at quantum level, then our mind is more like a flickering light in an empty and dark space.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well, that's good for you. :)

You asked, I answered my view. We have different views, and I'm okay with that.

I'm not sure what the "no numbers at the point of singularity" means though.

Then do not assume you understand my rhetorical questions.
And I will then assume you do not understand.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

You previously said you put your stock in science. I have just given you a dose of science.

So can you tell me where this so-called 'you' or 'I' dwells, or are you going to deny the science you claim to follow?

Science leans to cause and effect.

Choose.
Which came first Spirit?....or substance.

The choice is yours...and the consequence that follows.
If you say substance....
Then eternal darkness is physically real.
No form of light follows anyone into the grave.

As 'you' have said....no permanent...."YOU"

Such is the discussion 'I' believe in.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Then do not assume you understand my rhetorical questions.
Ah. So it was only a rhetorical question. Got it. They don't need answering.

That's good to know for the future.
* Don't answer Thief's questions - Check.

And I will then assume you do not understand.
You're welcome.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Another question you will refuse to answer?

Thus far it appears to be nothing more than empty threat.
Care to give some substance to your threat or are you content with your emptiness?

No threats....just cause and effect.
Do you have a rebuttal?
The other guy didn't.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Mestemia, don't answer it. It's only a rhetorical question.

Me? I did. You won't accept the answer. Different animals. But perhaps your statement was only a rhetorical statement...

I believe we each take a turn standing before heaven and God.

Whether the question is rhetorical or not....
I suspect silence won't work.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I believe we each take a turn standing before heaven and God.
I think you're standing in heaven in front of God right now. You are God. You make the choices. You pay for what choice you made.

Whether the question is rhetorical or not....
I suspect silence won't work.
And I suspect the answers are still brushed away without any attempt to ever consider what they say.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think you're standing in heaven in front of God right now. You are God. You make the choices. You pay for what choice you made.

And I suspect the answers are still brushed away without any attempt to ever consider what they say.

Brush away answers?....and if your accusation of character is correct......
what then of you?

godnotgod

Thou art That
And if particles pop in and out of existence at quantum level, then our mind is more like a flickering light in an empty and dark space.

Perhaps because it is a product of duality, existing and not-existing as it does. So have you considered what might lie behind this flickering illusion we call the self?

It may seem like an 'empty and dark space' to the small and fear-filled ordinary mind, but in the realm of higher consciousness, may be filled with wonders beyond the imagination.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Science leans to cause and effect.

Choose.
Which came first Spirit?....or substance.

The choice is yours...and the consequence that follows.
If you say substance....
Then eternal darkness is physically real.
No form of light follows anyone into the grave.

As 'you' have said....no permanent...."YOU"

Such is the discussion 'I' believe in.

The issue is not a question of choice between what you call 'spirit' and 'substance'. That you think it is has set your course in amber, and round and round you will go, first leaning to spirit, then to substance, then back again, ad infinitum, until you awaken to the absurdity of it all. The inner war between the flesh and the spirit is a completely concocted illusory scenario, but then projected outwardly into the world as the cause of untold human misery.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Perhaps because it is a product of duality, existing and not-existing as it does. So have you considered what might lie behind this flickering illusion we call the self?
You bet I have.

That's why I can't subscribe to a completely reductionistic view of reality. There's more to reality and consciousness than just matter/energy. However, our consciousness is very tightly bound and dependent of this world and its existence. There's a co-dependency and co-existence that can't easily be broken. I don't believe in awareness, memory, sentience, etc in some free-floating form outside this world, but I do believe that there's more to consciousness than just this world. So I don't really think duality is proper. One teacher in philosophy in the past explained, and had good arguments (that I don't remember), that duality and monism are both wrong, but there's some form of *******-monism going on. I think the answer is between the two options. A third door instead of "theism" or "atheism". There's a third path between substance only or spirit only.

It may seem like an 'empty and dark space' to the small and fear-filled ordinary mind, but in the realm of higher consciousness, may be filled with wonders beyond the imagination.
Yes it could. The wonders might be far more beautiful and complex than our petty image of God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I did answer. You told me not to. Then you make claims I didn't? *shrugs* (That was a rhetorical shrug, btw.)

I think you have me confused with someone else.

If you wish to answer...by all means do so.

Spirit first or substance?

Not believing in mind and spirit outside of this life?...that right?

Then you have answered.
Life is substance.
Death is final.
The grave and Eternal darkness follow.

Now....that wasn't so hard....now was it?