• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Easyway to Stop Smoking

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I gather that can be misunderstood, so let me clarify...

I don't mean to say "if you want to find out, don't ask me... read the book".

I meant that reading the book IS the method.
ahahahah ok well im quitting tomorow no time to read the book by then/ :help:

Poisonshady313

ahahahah ok well im quitting tomorow no time to read the book by then/ :help:

It's a very short book... about 200 pages. It can be done in a couple of hours.

As long as you read the whole thing and follow all the instructions, it'll work.

Poisonshady313

BTW... there is an audio book, a webcast, a DVD, along with various other formats for experiencing the Easyway method. All of them are effective, some of them more than the book. Though there's no doubt whatsoever that the book works.

I usually recommend the book version because it's the least expensive.

atanu

Premium Member
I got freedom from a 35 year old bondage, helped by Allen Carr's book and I thank both Poisonshady and Allen (wherever he might be now).

I have also distributed copies of the book to my smoker friends. Unfortunately, none of them have succeeded as of now. I think there is time for everything and that everything begins in self/Self.

Allen Carr has consolidated the knowledge/wisdom on this particular issue nicely and thoroughly, repeating the key issues innumerable times throughout the book. The repetition acts like dose of some medication. While reading the book, I felt as if it constituted a subset of the general prescriptions in Vedanta for freeing oneself from all bondages.

Thank you Poisonshady

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

I got freedom from a 35 year old bondage, helped by Allen Carr's book and I thank both Poisonshady and Allen (wherever he might be now).

I have also distributed copies of the book to my smoker friends. Unfortunately, none of them have succeeded as of now. I think there is time for everything and that everything begins in self/Self.

Allen Carr has consolidated the knowledge/wisdom on this particular issue nicely and thoroughly, repeating the key issues innumerable times throughout the book. The repeatation acts like dose of some medication. While reading the book, I felt as if it constituted a subset of the general prescriptions in Vedanta for freeing oneself from all bondages.

Thank you Poisonshady

You're welcome, atanu. And congratulations! It's so wonderful to hear that Easyway has helped you to be free. I'm so happy for you. :)

And it's a great thing you did for your smoker friends. If they tried reading the book and it hasn't worked for them yet, they can call Easyway (the number is on the website, if it's not already in the book) and have an Easyway therapist give them some guidance, free of charge.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Poisonshady and atanu,

Have not read any books.
Have mentioned before that formed a habit for over 45 years and presently am without a smoke for over a month and am watching the desire so closely that the guy is shying away.
Yes yet to gain full mastery over it but surly smoke is on its way out and has to drop totally over time.

Thank you all for giving this opportunity to share!

Love & rgds

Poisonshady313

Friend Poisonshady and atanu,

Have not read any books.
Have mentioned before that formed a habit for over 45 years and presently am without a smoke for over a month and am watching the desire so closely that the guy is shying away.
Yes yet to gain full mastery over it but surly smoke is on its way out and has to drop totally over time.

Thank you all for giving this opportunity to share!

Love & rgds

Smoke free for over a month. That's great news! I hope you find it easy to stay smoke free, and that you can proceed with life without ever thinking "i need/want a cigarette".

If you find yourself struggling, I do suggest that you try reading Allen Carr's book. Your body is already nicotine free. Completely. All that is left is for your mind to catch up with your body. To accept, joyously, that you are not a recovering ex-smoker... but you are now a non-smoker. You can try to do that on your own... but it's easier if you do it the Easy Way.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Poisonshady,

Thank you once again for sharing.
Am following what is the Easy Way but one that am personally comfortable with.
Maybe shall read Allen after smoke totally drops out of the mind to discuss which is easier and better.

Love & rgds

Protester

This video is great. Allen Carr and Robin Haley (managing director of Allen Carr's Easyway) answering a few questions about their program... apparently as part of an introduction to the Easyway DVD.

Enjoy:

[youtube]0nLu2M402xQ[/youtube]
Allen Carr speaking further on 'Easy Way' Pt 4/5 'Conversations with Robyn' - YouTube

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times. ---Mark Twain

Don't start in the first place?

Mark Twain on Smoking but then all it can do is kill you, but just living seems to be a hazard to your health:beach: By the way, I really can't agree with Mark, even though I give you a link to this opinion. I've been a non-smoker, teetotaler all of my life. I'm more in sentiment with this one---

Have you not reason then to bee ashamed, and to forbeare this filthie noveltie, so basely grounded, so foolishly received and so grossely mistaken in the right use thereof? In your abuse thereof sinning against God, harming your selves both in persons and goods, and raking also thereby the markes and notes of vanitie upon you: by the custome thereof making your selves to be wondered at by all forraine civil Nations, and by all strangers that come among you, to be scorned and contemned. A custome lothsome to the eye, hatefull to the Nose, harmefull to the braine, dangerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, neerest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomelesse.---King Jame I

Poisonshady313

Don't start in the first place?

Mark Twain on Smoking but then all it can do is kill you, but just living seems to be a hazard to your health:beach: By the way, I really can't agree with Mark, even though I give you a link to this opinion. I've been a non-smoker, teetotaler all of my life. I'm more in sentiment with this one---

Easyway isn't an anti-smoking organization. They don't support smoking bans, they don't support using shock tactics (like those awful anti-smoking commercials... a guy breathing heavily, or a woman having to tell her children that she's got cancer) to scare smokers into trying to stop.

On the Allen Carr Facebook page, someone posted a comment saying "I don't want to stop smoking."

And the response from the Worldwide Director of Easyway was "No problem. Carry on. :)"

The point of Easyway is that there are smokers who do want to stop. There's no reason they should have to suffer when they decide to quit smoking. There's no reason for them to go through depression, irritability, insomnia, panic attacks, etc. As long as there's an easy way (that is, Easyway) there is no reason why stopping smoking has to be hard.

After I read The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, I though it was fascinating, enlightening, and certainly worth a try. But I also have been a non-smoker all my life. I knew that my uncle had been trying to quit smoking for some time, and figured if anyone could benefit from an easy way after having such a hard time for so long, he could.

He read the book once, and he's been a non-smoker ever since. It was easy, and he doesn't crave cigarettes/nicotine anymore.

That, plus all the testimonials I looked at on the website and on facebook, confirmed for me that this Easyway method is legit and ought to be recommended to any smoker who wants to stop.

So I recommend the book to anyone who tells me that they're trying to stop smoking but they're having a hard time of it.

I never approach random smokers and say "you know, you really should consider quitting, and here's how." That would be most inconsiderate. Mark Twain explains why quite nicely.

But for those who seek help, proper help ought to be given. And that's why I recommend Easyway.

Last edited:

Protester

Easyway isn't an anti-smoking organization. They don't support smoking bans, they don't support using shock tactics (like those awful anti-smoking commercials... a guy breathing heavily, or a woman having to tell her children that she's got cancer) to scare smokers into trying to stop.

On the Allen Carr Facebook page, someone posted a comment saying "I don't want to stop smoking."

And the response from the Worldwide Director of Easyway was "No problem. Carry on. :)"

The point of Easyway is that there are smokers who do want to stop. There's no reason they should have to suffer when they decide to quit smoking. There's no reason for them to go through depression, irritability, insomnia, panic attacks, etc. As long as there's an easy way (that is, Easyway) there is no reason why stopping smoking has to be hard.

After I read The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, I though it was fascinating, enlightening, and certainly worth a try. But I also have been a non-smoker all my life. I knew that my uncle had been trying to quit smoking for some time, and figured if anyone could benefit from an easy way after having such a hard time for so long, he could.

He read the book once, and he's been a non-smoker ever since. It was easy, and he doesn't crave cigarettes/nicotine anymore.

That, plus all the testimonials I looked at on the website and on facebook, confirmed for me that this Easyway method is legit and ought to be recommended to any smoker who wants to stop.

So I recommend the book to anyone who tells me that they're trying to stop smoking but they're having a hard time of it.

I never approach random smokers and say "you know, you really should consider quitting, and here's how." That would be most inconsiderate. Mark Twain explains why quite nicely.

But for those who seek help, proper help ought to be given. And that's why I recommend Easyway.

Stopping smoking may be harder than quitting heroin

from the above:

"What smokers don't realise is that nicotine addiction is as powerful, or even more powerful, than heroin addiction," he said. " The (brain's) receptors for smoking are as strongly attached to nicotine as the heroine receptor is to opiates. That can come as a shock to a lot of people. Quitting is therefore a serious challenge for most." said Dr Seidler.

If you're uncle had an easy time quitting smoking he was indeed fortunate. It is also great that you never started smoking!:help:
Study: women have a harder time quitting smoking | KDVR.com is the website for KDVR Television, FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

Actually I probably like Mark Twain for a variety reasons better than King James I of England, but what he said really does bear repeating:

Have you not reason then to bee ashamed, and to forbeare this filthie noveltie, so basely grounded, so foolishly received and so grossely mistaken in the right use thereof? In your abuse thereof sinning against God, harming your selves both in persons and goods, and raking also thereby the markes and notes of vanitie upon you: by the custome thereof making your selves to be wondered at by all forraine civil Nations, and by all strangers that come among you, to be scorned and contemned. A custome lothsome to the eye, hatefull to the Nose, harmefull to the braine, dangerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, neerest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomelesse.---King Jame I

Poisonshady313

Stopping smoking may be harder than quitting heroin

from the above:

"What smokers don't realise is that nicotine addiction is as powerful, or even more powerful, than heroin addiction," he said. " The (brain's) receptors for smoking are as strongly attached to nicotine as the heroine receptor is to opiates. That can come as a shock to a lot of people. Quitting is therefore a serious challenge for most." said Dr Seidler.

If you're uncle had an easy time quitting smoking he was indeed fortunate. It is also great that you never started smoking!:help:
Study: women have a harder time quitting smoking | KDVR.com is the website for KDVR Television, FOX 31 News in Denver, Colorado

Actually I probably like Mark Twain for a variety reasons better than King James I of England, but what he said really does bear repeating:

The brain's receptors are not that strongly attached to nicotine. It's true that nicotine works faster to get a person hooked than heroin, but it is not that strongly attached. The chemical addiction to nicotine is the easiest part to overcome. Most people, including doctors, don't see it that way because they don't understand nicotine addiction that well. Hell, a lot of doctors who tell people they shouldn't smoke are smokers themselves.

Allen Carr figured it out. The difficult part is the psychological aspect. As long as a smoker feels like stopping smoking will deprive them of some sort of pleasure or crutch, it will be hard for them. The anxiety caused by that feeling of deprivation is what's responsible for what are commonly referred to as nicotine withdrawal. The intense cravings, the insomnia, the irritability... all physical symptoms created by a mental process, not a chemical one.

Actual nicotine withdrawal is what smokers go through all the time between cigarettes. At work, while asleep, at the movies, etc... that slight, subtle, empty feeling that registers as "I want a cigarette". It's the only thing that compels a smoker to smoke the next cigarette. It's not painful, it's not torturous. It's easily dealt with. It's similar to hunger. You can sleep through the night or spend several hours at work not eating because you know you'll eat soon enough. You don't start to suffer anxiety (or claim to be starving) until you've gone a long period without eating... worse if you're told you can't eat. Similarly, a smoker can sit through a movie without smoking, sleep through the night, etc... and be just fine. It's when a smoker is told "you can't smoke", or when a smoker tells himself that when he tries to quit, that's when the anxiety kicks in.

Once you eliminate the desire to smoke, the chemical addiction fades away easily.

My uncle is not unique in how easy it was for him to quit smoking. Allen Carr, his clinics, and his books have helped millions of smokers quit easily and permanently over the past 20 years. The book is the most popular and best selling quit smoking book worldwide.

Allen Carr's program is mostly about exposing the myths, misconceptions, and illusions regarding smoking and quitting smoking. It's like when a magician reveals how he does his trick, it doesn't seem that mysterious anymore. When you see how the trap/trick of nicotine addiction really works, it's easy to step outside of it and never fall for it again.

The only problem with Allen Carr's Easyway method is that more people aren't aware of it.

Poisonshady313

Once you eliminate the desire to smoke, the chemical addiction fades away easily.

I want to add something to that...

Most methods of quitting smoking... patches, gums, lozenges, chantix, zyban, etc... go about it backwards. They figure if you get your body used to feeling a certain way without smoking, your mind will catch on.

Easyway gets your mind in the right place first, and lets your body catch up.

When a boat has a hole, you don't fix the situation by dumping out the water first and then plug the hole. You plug the hole first, then dump out the water. That's much easier, and much more effective.

Poisonshady313

Here's what's on a page in the "about" section of allencarr.com

Using psychotherapy, the method works in the opposite way to the “willpower” method. It does not concentrate on the reasons the smoker should not smoke: the money, the slavery, the health risks and the stigma. Smokers know all that already. Instead it focuses on why smokers continue to smoke in spite of the obvious disadvantages.
It is fear that keeps smokers hooked!

Fear the smoker will have to give up their pleasure or crutch. Fear the smoker will be unable to enjoy life or handle stress. Fear the smoker will have to go through an awful trauma to get free. Fear the smoker will never get completely free from the craving.

The Method removes these fears

Smokers quit smoking with Allen Carr’s Easyway Method as happy non-smokers, not feeling deprived but with a huge sense of relief and elation that they have finally achieved what they always wanted….
TO BE FREE!

What about the terrible withdrawal pangs from nicotine?

The physical withdrawal from nicotine is so slight that most smokers don’t realise that they are addicts. What smokers suffer when they try and quit using other methods is the misery and depression caused by the belief that they are being deprived of a pleasure or a crutch.

Allen Carr’s Easyway Method removes this feeling of deprivation.

It removes the need and desire to smoke. Once the smoker is in the right frame of mind and they follow the simple instructions, the physical withdrawal from nicotine is hardly noticeable.

No Gimmicks!

The Method does not use any gimmicks, useless aids or substitutes. No nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, tabs, inhilators or nasal sprays! No needles! No lasers! No drugs! No herbs! No shock treatment!

Allen Carr’s Easyway Method is successful because:

• It removes the smokers’ conflict of will.

• There are no bad withdrawal pangs.

• It is instantaneous and easy.

• It is equally effective for long-term heavy smokers and light smokers.

• You need not gain weight.

• You will not miss smoking.

atanu

Premium Member

I benefited directly from this thread. Since quitting happily, for eight months however, I have had recurring dream/s that I was smoking. And in those dreams, I felt terrible and panicked that I had not at all quit. Someone commented that tobacco may acually be a spirit that does not want to leave the smoker.

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

I benefitted directly from this thread. Since quitting happily, for eight months however, I have had recurring dream/s that I was smoking. And in those dreams, I felt terrible and panicked that I had not at all quit. Someone commented that tobacco may acually be a spirit that does not want to leave the smoker.

Just remember to celebrate your freedom. Rejoice that such dreams are only dreams.

In fact, it's a wonderful thing that in your dreams, you're not panicked as an ex-smoker... but it's the thought of being a smoker that's terrible. In reality, you know that you're not a smoker anymore. You know that there's nothing that can cause you to go back to being a smoker. Your conscious mind is happy being a non-smoker, and your subconscious mind is glad to be rid of those filthy cigarettes as well. Now that you know the truth about the nicotine trap, your mind won't accept the illusion that smoking gave you any benefit whatsoever, which means that even your subconscious knows that smoking is a nightmare... which is quite an improvement over those who are still trapped that believe quitting is a nightmare.

atanu

Premium Member
In fact, it's a wonderful thing that in your dreams, you're not panicked as an ex-smoker... but it's the thought of being a smoker that's terrible. ----

Yes. That is a good observation. Even at the subconscious level, the thought of being a smoker terrifies.