• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Easyway to Stop Smoking

psychoslice

Veteran Member
G
I smoked for years, quite cold turkey one day but it didn't last.

However the secret was to never buy a pack. So I had to rely on friends and bumming and over time the embarrassment got to me and my cravings diminished, plus I started exercising.

Eventually I would have the cravings once a month or once every other month, and then one day they were gone.
Gee it sounds like being addicted to a drug, it must be so hard to give into >

Poisonshady313

I smoked for years, quite cold turkey one day but it didn't last.

However the secret was to never buy a pack. So I had to rely on friends and bumming and over time the embarrassment got to me and my cravings diminished, plus I started exercising.

Eventually I would have the cravings once a month or once every other month, and then one day they were gone.

That's great! :)
G

Gee it sounds like being addicted to a drug, it must be so hard to give into >

It is drug addiction. That's why so many find it hard to quit. A few like Mazdaian are fortunate to be able to quit on their own without help. My father was the same way. He woke up one morning, decided he didn't like the way he felt, and never bought another pack. Never smoked again, never missed it. But if we could help people to quit smoking by simply telling them "just stop", they wouldn't need help, and nobody would ever have a problem quitting.

So, for the one whom stopping smoking is a challenge, rather than patches, pills, nicotine gum or silly nonsense about sucking on toothpicks, I invite them to try a method that's designed to give a smoker freedom from the fear of stopping smoking. Freedom from the fear of having to go through life without nicotine. Freedom from the fear of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Freedom from the fear of failure. The smoker is then ready to be a non-smoker even before extinguishing the final cigarette, already free from the desire to smoke.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I see, and do you just light the cinnamon stick and smoke it like a cigarette, I don't smoke myself but I have a friend who is trying to give up.

lol, that's funny. No you just suck and gnaw on them.. Works for me.

The gum is the best though. I personally don't need a book, medicine or some crazy gimmick to quit.

I quit cold turkey for a year and am damn proud of it. Nicotine filters out of your body in 3 days, it's all a tormenting mind game after that.

Just remember, nicotine is out of your system in 3 days for you're average person.

But a relapse, like I had, is from nicotine being stored in fat. >_<

Poisonshady313

The gum is the best though. I personally don't need a book, medicine or some crazy gimmick to quit.
Good for you.
Nicotine filters out of your body in 3 days, it's all a tormenting mind game after that.
What I'm about to say is not for your benefit, but for the benefit of anyone else who might be reading this.

The point of the book is to remove the torment. To make the experience of quitting smoking a pleasure from the moment the final cigarette is put out.

Not everybody needs it. But there are a lot of people who are struggling, and a lot of people who know people who are struggling with the ability to stop smoking. And those people should know about it.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Good for you.

What I'm about to say is not for your benefit, but for the benefit of anyone else who might be reading this.

The point of the book is to remove the torment. To make the experience of quitting smoking a pleasure from the moment the final cigarette is put out.

Not everybody needs it. But there are a lot of people who are struggling, and a lot of people who know people who are struggling with the ability to stop smoking. And those people should know about it.

I'm not talking **** about your book. Most people do not know nicotine filters out of the body that quickly.

You want the book get the book.

google it

Poisonshady313

Most people do not know nicotine filters out of the body that quickly.

Oddly enough, in a way, your point is consistent with the philosophy of the Easyway method, which is that the physical aspect of the addiction is the easiest part to overcome. The part that trips people up is the psychological aspect of feeling dependent on the cigarette.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That's great! :)

It is drug addiction. That's why so many find it hard to quit. A few like Mazdaian are fortunate to be able to quit on their own without help. My father was the same way. He woke up one morning, decided he didn't like the way he felt, and never bought another pack. Never smoked again, never missed it. But if we could help people to quit smoking by simply telling them "just stop", they wouldn't need help, and nobody would ever have a problem quitting.

So, for the one whom stopping smoking is a challenge, rather than patches, pills, nicotine gum or silly nonsense about sucking on toothpicks, I invite them to try a method that's designed to give a smoker freedom from the fear of stopping smoking. Freedom from the fear of having to go through life without nicotine. Freedom from the fear of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Freedom from the fear of failure. The smoker is then ready to be a non-smoker even before extinguishing the final cigarette, already free from the desire to smoke.
Yea my father died at only 47 from smoking two packs of cigarettes a day, I really hate it and have never smoked in my life.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
lol, that's funny. No you just suck and gnaw on them.. Works for me.

I quit cold turkey for a year and am damn proud of it. Nicotine filters out of your body in 3 days, it's all a tormenting mind game after that.

Just remember, nicotine is out of your system in 3 days for you're average person.

But a relapse, like I had, is from nicotine being stored in fat. >_<
I see, does the cinnamon help to bring out the nicotine faster ?.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think e-cigs are good. They don't have all the chemicals, all the black stuff comes out of your lungs like you quit smoking (and I was just a light social smoker), and when you are ready to quit (which you have to be), you can get what you need for your fix to gradually ween yourself off the nicotine rather than having to light up a whole cigarette. You can also frequently find juices that are made in higher-and-lower nicotine doses, and often including none at all, to further help ease yourself off than struggle with with drawels and other stuff that doesn't really work nearly as well because they are all so very lacking. Granted, e-cigarettes are not a cigarette and they may still leave you wanting if you just have the feel of the cigarette itself, but you still do get the inhale, a cloud, and even many tobacco flavored ones that taste like the tobacco without the burnt/smoke taste/smell to it.

Poisonshady313

I think e-cigs are good. They don't have all the chemicals, all the black stuff comes out of your lungs like you quit smoking (and I was just a light social smoker), and when you are ready to quit (which you have to be), you can get what you need for your fix to gradually ween yourself off the nicotine rather than having to light up a whole cigarette. You can also frequently find juices that are made in higher-and-lower nicotine doses, and often including none at all, to further help ease yourself off than struggle with with drawels and other stuff that doesn't really work nearly as well because they are all so very lacking. Granted, e-cigarettes are not a cigarette and they may still leave you wanting if you just have the feel of the cigarette itself, but you still do get the inhale, a cloud, and even many tobacco flavored ones that taste like the tobacco without the burnt/smoke taste/smell to it.

A person certainly can quit nicotine easily, immediately, and permanently using the Easyway method, even if said person has switched to e-cigs.

According to Allen Carr, the "ween yourself off" method actually makes quitting harder. Which is why NRT treatments (gum, patch, etc..) or just cutting down on regular cigs often don't work, or seem to work for perhaps a few weeks. Nicorette's website suggests a 7-13% success rate. Think about that. The American Cancer Society says that 7% is the success rate for people who make an attempt to quit with no help whatsoever.

So essentially, Nicorette is as good as using pure willpower alone. Which is to say, not very good. What else could you imagine paying for that has a 93% failure rate?

Just like nicorette, e-cigs are simply an alternative nicotine delivery method. Granted, much safer than smoking traditional cigarettes. But there's no reason to believe giving a person slightly less nicotine on a regular basis is going to make it any easier for them to stop altogether.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like how he said to keep smoking until you finish the book. It helps remove the panic feeling, while you're dealing with the brain-washing you allowed, and you did to yourself.

I finished the book and my last cigarette late morning, on Saturday May 9.

Thanks. :)
Congrats!

A friend has quit dozens of times.
He's getting ready to quit again.
May you be more successful.

Shadow Wolf

According to Allen Carr, the "ween yourself off" method actually makes quitting harder. Which is why NRT treatments (gum, patch, etc..) or just cutting down on regular cigs often don't work, or seem to work for perhaps a few weeks. Nicorette's website suggests a 7-13% success rate. Think about that. The American Cancer Society says that 7% is the success rate for people who make an attempt to quit with no help whatsoever.

So essentially, Nicorette is as good as using pure willpower alone. Which is to say, not very good. What else could you imagine paying for that has a 93% failure rate?
Gum, patches, and pills do not have the oral habit of smoking, they do not have the fingering of something, they do not give the cloud when exhaling, and are only just a nicotine delivery system.
E-cigs provide for many of the things found in a cigarette that other things cannot provide for. And even if someone doesn't fully quit, the switch alone is worth it in health, money, and loosing the smoking smell. E-cigs aren't really cigarettes, so they can't satisfy everything craved by a smoker, but they can satisfy many of them that things like Nicorette can't. I fully get why such things don't really work well, and that is because a smoking addiction is more than just nicotine.

Poisonshady313

I fully get why such things don't really work well, and that is because a smoking addiction is more than just nicotine.

Not really. Smokers aren't addicted to the procedure of smoking. It's the nicotine. Just like heroin junkies aren't addicted to piercing their flesh with needles. It's not the procedure of shooting up they're addicted to. It's the heroin.

Gums, patches, pills, etc... the reason they don't work isn't because they fail to satisfy an oral or manual fixation. It's because they fail to remove the fear and anxiety associated with quitting smoking. Which is the same reason why e-cigs are not ideal for nicotine cessation.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Gums, patches, pills, etc... the reason they don't work isn't because they fail to satisfy an oral or manual fixation.
That is why I said smoking is more than just a nicotine addiction.

Which is the same reason why e-cigs are not ideal for nicotine cessation.
They can satisfy the oral and manual fixation, and they allow someone to better control the amount of nicotine going in. There is never the situation of lighting up a cigarette, needed just a couple drags to take the edge of craving off, and being stuck with a nearly-full cigarette going to waste. You can get your couple drags and be done. Heroine addiction has been shown to be best treated with heroine, and I do believe the best way to treat nicotine addiction with a system that delivers nicotine while imitating the action of smoking. You don't have to beat yourself up to quit, and with e-cigs it's much more easier to gently let yourself down.