• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The fear of Atheism

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
To me the idea of Heaven is being raised up to the level of where God is and I think it would be easier to become the most important person on earth than to do that. If we can't even become the most important person on earth how the hell are we going to make it up to where God is?

Then why did you say this, if you believe in heaven? Does nobody actually go there?

Michel07

I actually don't take shots at everybody's god. I don't believe in the Norse or Kemetic deities, for instance, but you don't see me taking shots at them. When believers are content to follow their religion without trying to impose it on others, and when they don't make outrageous and exclusive dogmatic claims about the supposed universality of their particular beliefs, I rarely have any objection to their religion.
Oh! Is this just an anti- catholic thing for you?

Michel07

Then why did you say this, if you believe in heaven? Does nobody actually go there?
Because it is consistent with my belief in the Redemption . We don't save ourselves without Jesus' sacrifice of having lowered himself out of love to our level to save us and through his own sacrifice on the cross. The good deeds part is about trying to do his will, not earning paradise. We are far too committed to ourselves in my view for us to achieve paradise on our own.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Because it is consistent with my belief in the Redemption . We don't save ourselves without Jesus' sacrifice of having lowered himself out of love to our level to save us and through his own sacrifice on the cross. The good deeds part is about trying to do his will, not earning paradise. We are far too comitted to ourselves in my view for us to achieve paradise on our own.

So how do we get to heaven, if it's harder than being the most important person on earth?

Michel07

So how do we get to heaven, if it's harder than being the most important person on earth?

Through Jesus according to the Gospel.
Just what does that mean? There is a reason why different denominations exist and it is this question many Christians themselves debate.

Michel07

No, I object to all dogmatic religions and all religions that try to legislate their beliefs for the general public.
I will be the first person to admit that there are people, no, many people past and present who have far more or had much more knowledge than I in God. Would you say that about yourself?

GadFly

Call it Atheophobia- or the fear of atheism. It is the fear of no God, and (very possibly) reality itself.

Just as there's Islamiphobia, Atheophobia is centered around the idea that faith is everything, and without faith, you have nothing. That may be true, if you are a believer who goes to Church every day and believes that God brings you miracles through prayer. If you are a Christian, everything having to do with Christianity confirms your faith. But that's just a matter of perspective. So, what happens if something does not confirm your faith, but is, rather, opposing it?

You turn it into a scapegoat. That's right, I said it. You blame it for all of the world's problems, and if that wasn't enough, you demonize it, thus "filtering out" the opposition and bringing the "unsaved" (nice false dichotomy there, saved and unsaved) onto the bandwagon of fear, therefore making them "saved". You feel "the Holy Spirit" surging through your body as you do it, but little do you know that it is only your heightened passion for what you believe in. It is not a supernatural entity communing with yourself at all.

"Have fun in your world of fear, Atheophobians."

Well, thank you for your invitation to have fun in the Christian's world of fear. Of course the Christian's reeal position is that fear has been cast out the world. As usual, here once again, the atheist states the Christian's view for the Christians. It's not the Christian's view but atheist that want the Christians to believe fear is their view. This thread is posted from an atheist's point of view of contempt for Christians' reasons for believing in God, proven by your own words, which are nothing but lies and threats.

"But you will not accept that. Why? Because you are afraid. You are afraid of the idea of there being no God, of atheism, because your Bible tells you it's true, and your Pastor tells you it's true, and your "heart" tells you it's true. You get it drilled into your mind every day at Church, thus confirming your own faith every single day. Because Church is the "House of God", right? Of course it is."

Wrong, your premise is wrong just like all premises of atheist are wrong but atheist ignore their premises are wrong because,if they admit the existence of eternal rules of reasoning exist, they fear and know they must admit their is a God. Christians know that atheist make up their premises for reasoning as needed. Christians know atheist fear being exposed that their reasoning is marked with error, which is the Christian's definition of sin.

The atheist so desperately tries to convince the Christian that his beliefs come from the Bible, pastors, churches, hearts and Holy Creeds as you have said here. Christians do place great value in all these but our evidence for believing in God comes from right reasoning of which the Absolute one is the Premise of our thanking. Atheist fear this distinction between atheistic thinking and Christian thinking more than hell itself, which may be the reason you go to such lengths to convince theist that we believe what pastors, holy books, creeds, churches, Muslim temples, and synagogues have drilled into our heads. Believers believe in God because God has placed into our minds self evident proof and unalienable evidence of the Holy Spirit Himself. Although you make light of the the Holy Spirit, he proves to you the existence of God, which you out of fear hope is not true.

Take notice! You do not intimidate and create fear in the hearts of believers with wild speculations that God does not exist. But when various atheist witness that they do have a glimpse of God, when they acknowledge that the rules and laws of reasoning or logic were just here, always present, a type of omniscience of God, it is a time fear grips hearts that God might be true. Why do you fight the concept of God so vociferously? Because you know your time is short and your atheistic reasoning will ultimately fail, you fear.

So, what happens if something does not confirm your faith, but is, rather, opposing it?

Paraphrasing from the Bible, let me answer with the disdain with which you ask this question. "Resist the atheist and he will flee from you" (Bible, James 4:7). The believer does not fear reality as you ignorantly imply. It is the atheist that fears reality. Your panic that the errors in your reasoning might be revealed is evidenced in your ignoring the evidence of God.

Just as there's Islamiphobia, Atheophobia is centered around the idea that faith is everything, and without faith, you have nothing.

Yes, our faith is everything to us and without faith there is nothing. Your ignorance of Christian faith urges you to make statements of nonsense to threaten us and create fear in our ranks. But to a Christian faith is substance and evidence of God. No Christian worships God out of fear and ignorance as you propose. (Heb:11:1: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.) You did not know that was part of our faith? But we know the roar of the beast is part of your faith that there is no God; and, we do not fear your roar, as we know the atheist will surely attack our faith with their perverted reasoning and disjointed logic.

I know you guys hate it when your thinking process is challenged and it is referred to as Hegelian logic but the vast majority of atheist around the world proudly live their lives by this reasoning. Atheist in this forum have not acknowledged its existence and use. Why not? After all, you use it in your arguments in this thread. You fear and know well that the complete civilized world has rejected the logic of the atheist. You fear that a discussion of your logical process of thesis, antithesis and synthesis will be uncloaked and you will have to agree with the rest of Western Civilization that you have turned logic upside down and stood it on its head. No wonder atheist fear God and his followers.

You may now close ranks and continue your attack on believers.

GadFly

Wise man. Nice to see correct biblical application in the face of mainstream stupidity.

I don't fear atheism. I used to be one (I've only been a Christian for about 4 or 5 years) so I completely understand their point of view, and I'm very grateful for it. It means I can think outside the box that so many other raised-as Christians seem to be stuck in.
Captain, although I agree with what you said but it is that believer that is on the edge that I worry about. When an atheist with the spirit of this thread launches such an obvious attack on Christians, the weak Christian, which is still learning about his faith, need to know that his faith is reasonable and logical and that atheism is nonsense.
GadFly

GadFly

Atheists tempt innocent Christians to question God. Questioning God has its ramifications.
user_offline.gif
Is that the purpose of this thread?

Smoke

Done here.
I will be the first person to admit that there are people, no, many people past and present who have far more or had much more knowledge than I in God. Would you say that about yourself?
I don't believe in god, so "knowledge in God" doesn't mean anything to me.

GadFly

Sorry. I should have been more clearly stated.

Atheists tempt theists to question the concept of God. They tempt them to question the teachings of their holy book, the dogmas of their particular brand of theism and the logic of their worldview. When some theists are challenged to question their faith, they lose it. If losing faith is one thing a theist fears, it doesn't seem that it would be so far removed for atheists to be another.

Would you be willing to give up your brand of atheism if the existence of God was proven to you by correct reasoning and evidence?

GadFly

A belief that won't stand up to scrutiny is one that is not worth holding. I like to have my beliefs challenged, it distills my thinking.

I agree. But those who know should help those who are still learning to know enough to stand the challenges of the unknowing.

GadFly

Fear of atheism is a fear of accepting that önes perfect little world with a perfect God ain't quite so pretty so to speak.
To be honest i have a fear of theism, i cringe every time i see Chrtistians wandering the streets giving out pamphlets on why im going to burn in hell.
Would it be socially wrong to hand out pamphlets saying God is a lie and "religion is stupid", its practically the same as what they give us?

To see atheist standing on the streets handing our pamphlets on atheistic doctrine, go to China, enjoy their rich culture of freedom and liberty. You will not be bothered there with Christians telling you about God. Atheism rules there.

GadFly

Once upon a time being an atheist was quite a big thing like being gay was,now its just accepted,one thing does puzzle me a little, why would atheists join a religious forum?
Excellent question. I think atheist only fake being broad minded. They are subtle in their quest to make converts. They are here for a purpose. They want to undermine our premises for living. That is the role they play in kingdom of heaven.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Excellent question. I think atheist only fake being broad minded. They are subtle in their quest to make converts. They are here for a purpose. They want to undermine our premises for living. That is the role they play in kingdom of heaven.

Are you seriously suggesting what you just said is not malicious bunk?