• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first living thing could not have come into being by random chance, therefore, God Almighty created all things. Just 1 proof.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perfection is not a requirement.
My statement is in context, it needs to be all aligned. The OP is talking about sequences. I'm saying suppose that is not true. Suppose it's 3 acids, and 6 parts. I'm saying take away his math problem and probability. You still have the spacing in real life, they all need to be there in perfect sync from non-replication to replication. Do you honesty believe this is possible?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You asked me why it’s hard for me to believe it and I told you because I know it’s the truth. Why is that so hard for you to handle?

I honestly don't care what you believe. The only issue I have with your statements about your beliefs is that you state them as if they were definitive facts.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm saying let's make up a simpler life form we can imagine. Scientifically impossible but much simpler. That is not even possible because to be replicating from non-replication, it can't happen by chance. Simply won't happen. Let alone what we know about life now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My statement is in context, it needs to be all aligned. The OP is talking about sequences. I'm saying suppose that is not true. Suppose it's 3 acids, and 6 parts. I'm saying take away his math problem and probability. You still have the spacing in real life, they all need to be there in perfect sync from non-replication to replication. Do you honesty believe this is possible?
You are just spewing nonsense that you cannot justify.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm saying let's make up a simpler life form we can imagine. Scientifically impossible but much simpler. That is not even possible because to be replicating from non-replication, it can't happen by chance. Simply won't happen. Let alone what we know about life now.
Wow! You don't know when to quit digging. How are you going to prove that to be scientifically impossible?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are just spewing nonsense that you cannot justify.
I can't get into your head. I don't know how to explain this. The OP is explaining math. That is if life is that complex, he is right. I'm saying, let's make it simple. Instead of the amino acids and many sequences required as presented in the OP. Forget the 20. Just make it simple. Let's say 6 of these sequences, and all you need is 3 parts to make a seqeunce. Do you know what else is needed? They need to come together in perfect sync to begin a life form that replicates itself.

Again, do you believe this is possible. In my view, this is insanity to believe it's possible.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Then prove it.
I know that you believe they are, but you have yet to prove it.
You said, "Because I know it's the truth" rather than stating your beliefs as merely being a belief, such as including, "I believe," "I think," or "in my opinion."
So you’re telling me I can’t know something? I disagree. Again, you asked me why it’s hard for me to “believe” that people don’t believe the world has existed for roughly 40 years. I replied, “Because “I” know it’s the truth. And I’ll stick by that response till the cows come home.

What aren’t you getting?

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
You said, "Because I know it's the truth" rather than stating your beliefs as merely being a belief, such as including, "I believe," "I think," or "in my opinion."
When you ask someone why they believe what they believe expect a response like I gave. When somebody asks me why I believe what I believe it’s because I know what I believe is the truth. I’m sorry if that offends you. You’re probably better off not asking people why they believe what they believe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you’re telling me I can’t know something? I disagree. Again, you asked me why it’s hard for me to “believe” that people don’t believe the world has existed for roughly 40 years. I replied, “Because “I” know it’s the truth. And I’ll stick by that response till the cows come home.

What aren’t you getting?
You can know things. But when you cannot support what you claim to know that demonstrates that that particular item is just a belief.

You should try to learn the difference. A strong belief is not knowledge.

Once again, knowledge is demonstrable. If you can't show it you don't know it.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's not just the sequence, it's the fact they need to be together perfectly, go from non-life (none-replicating) to life. It won't happen.
It's a matter of non-organic chemicals transforming to organic chemicals. Organic chemicals are the building blocks of life. This transformation is plausible in nature.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can't get into your head. I don't know how to explain this. The OP is explaining math. That is if life is that complex, he is right. I'm saying, let's make it simple. Instead of the amino acids and many sequences required as presented in the OP. Forget the 20. Just make it simple. Let's say 6 of these sequences, and all you need is 3 parts to make a seqeunce. Do you know what else is needed? They need to come together in perfect sync to begin a life form that replicates itself.

Again, do you believe this is possible. In my view, this is insanity to believe it's possible.
No, there is no indication that I know of that life requires that. When you make such claims you take on a huge burden of proof. And you have no clue as how to support your claims. They are so weak that they are refuted by a handwave.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
You can know things. But when you cannot support what you claim to know that demonstrates that that particular item is just a belief.

You should try to learn the difference. A strong belief is not knowledge.

Once again, knowledge is demonstrable. If you can't show it you don't know it.
Ok