• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Health Care Bill Passes!

Wannabe Yogi

I will accept a donation from you in the sum of $117 per month toward my family's new insurance obligation. Not interested? Then stop telling me how wonderful it is that I will be forced to spend my money. It is MY money, not Obama's. If he wants to give extra money to the healthcare industry then he can give HIS money, not mine. I have no interest.

I don't think she would want to give money to a person who is calling for the Violent overthrow of our democratically elected Government.

Troublemane

For better or worse, the health care bill has passed Congress and now goes to the President to sign into law.

yep. the fecal missile is hitting the spinning blades, now. guess we can see how these ya-hoos who couldnt get the financial crisis under control, or anything else they put their collective brain cell to, can do on this, their "flagship" issue.

Do you think this is overall a good thing or a bad thing? Why?

Anytime congress does anything to help us, its a bad thing. If there was a free lunch, that gave everyone free food for eternity, and there was no way to mess it up, when congress got involved it would still get messed up.

How will passage of this bill affect the Republican and Democratic parties in this year's elections?

If they aren't dragged from washington and lynched, I think they will have to call it a good year.:yes:

Troublemane

Oh, by the way, did you guys know there is a clause in the bill that says you don't have to pay the fine or carry insurance if it is against your religious beliefs?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Oh, by the way, did you guys know there is a clause in the bill that says you don't have to pay the fine or carry insurance if it is against your religious beliefs?
Good. I would consider insurance to be the same as gambling. I do not believe one should gamble with money they cannot afford. I guess I am off the hook. Good luck everyone else!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I have a feeling the new health care bill will have a sobering effect on the American people once it is implemented.

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
The bill is going to save 1.5 trillion....over 20 years

that means more money for chocolate bars

funny though...you spent $50 on incense the other week, but are now moaning because god forbid your children have an acciendt or get an illness, now you may not go bankrupt... same goes for if your beloved gets cancer.

Cancer knows no boundaries, it hits both young andn old, any gender, health freak or fat slob.......

But hey, as long as you have incense
I buy incense for religious practice. I am sure your beloved Obama will try to go after my religion next. Until then I will do what I need to for my spiritual well being. You will NOT sit here and tell me I cannot practice my religion as I see fit.

Insurance is still a gamble. No matter what you feel the odds are, it is a gamble. Nobody should be forced to gamble. I will NOT be forced to gamble. If I do so it will be of my own accord.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I will accept a donation from you in the sum of $117 per month toward my family's new insurance obligation. Not interested? Then stop telling me how wonderful it is that I will be forced to spend my money. It is MY money, not Obama's. If he wants to give extra money to the healthcare industry then he can give HIS money, not mine. I have no interest.

So I take it that you're not interested in finding out how the bill would actually affect your family? You'd rather make a bunch of wild, unsupported allegations?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I have a feeling the new health care bill will have a sobering effect on the American people once it is implemented.

I hope it has a sobering effect on you, Rick. Now as I recall your prediction is that it will trigger a shortage of doctors and hospital beds, is that right?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I buy incense for religious practice. I am sure your beloved Obama will try to go after my religion next. Until then I will do what I need to for my spiritual well being. You will NOT sit here and tell me I cannot practice my religion as I see fit.

Insurance is still a gamble. No matter what you feel the odds are, it is a gamble. Nobody should be forced to gamble. I will NOT be forced to gamble. If I do so it will be of my own accord.

Wait, don't you have government health coverage right now? At my expense?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
So I take it that you're not interested in finding out how the bill would actually affect your family? You'd rather make a bunch of wild, unsupported allegations?
There is nothing wild about it. I do not have the extra money. If it costs a hundred bucks it might as well cost ten-thousand. I do not have extra money for this scam at this time, nor should I be forced to participate in the support of this even if I did have the money. How would you like it if the law required you to buy the daily newspaper, whether you wished to read it or not? You might some day need to see the weather report and then you would have it. So what if it gets discarded, unread, the rest of the year. The money you spend will help others afford their daily paper.

I hope it has a sobering effect on you, Rick. Now as I recall your prediction is that it will trigger a shortage of doctors and hospital beds, is that right?
Here is a source to support Rick's statement. Can you prove otherwise?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I don't know, I must be weird. I'd work overtime or a couple of jobs to pay for health insurance for my kids.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Wait, don't you have government health coverage right now? At my expense?
I was injured at my job, which happened to be the military. The VA acts like workman's comp, but for military members. The military could have opted to pay into a workman's comp insurance policy to cover such incidents, but they chose not to. They understand that it is more cost effective to save the money they would have spent on premiums and use it to pay a direct benefit. This is just like someone choosing not to purchase health insurance and paying for their own medical bills instead.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I don't know, I must be weird. I'd work overtime or a couple of jobs to pay for health insurance for my kids.
I already work 2 - 3 months straight while disabled without seeing my family to make ends meet. How much more do you think I should be working? To be honest I go through some pain many here probably can't imagine. I will not be able to work much longer.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
It is MY money, not Obama's.

Not any longer. I can't speak for the rest of the people on this forum, but personally, I'll laugh every April 15th, knowing that you (and others like you) are just going nuts with having to pay your taxes.

Hey - correct me if I'm wrong - aren't you the ones that are so big on paying your way, and taking responsibility?

Go figure.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I already work 2 - 3 months straight while disabled without seeing my family to make ends meet. How much more do you think I should be working? To be honest I go through some pain many here probably can't imagine. I will not be able to work much longer.
Sorry to hear about the pain, truly I am. I hope you find some way to ease it.

However, kids come first, always. I have four kids and if I didn't have health insurance for them, well, I'd be very unhappy and wouldn't rest until I knew they were covered.

Kids need check ups every year not to mention the disasters they tend to get themselves into physically. You can't cover that on $500 a year for the entire family. You need insurance for those kids, hon. You just do.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Not any longer. I can't speak for the rest of the people on this forum, but personally, I'll laugh every April 15th, knowing that you (and others like you) are just going nuts with having to pay your taxes.

Hey - correct me if I'm wrong - aren't you the ones that are so big on paying your way, and taking responsibility?

Go figure.
Good idea. Let's stop charging me income tax so that I can afford to mess around with this silly health insurance deal. Actually if we paid no taxes then we could all afford to pay for even the most expensive surgeries out of pocket.

Still, nobody here has been able to tell me how letting my house get foreclosed on in favor of my family getting health insurance will help them get healthcare. Can anyone please explain?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Sorry to hear about the pain, truly I am. I hope you find some way to ease it.

However, kids come first, always. I have four kids and if I didn't have health insurance for them, well, I'd be very unhappy and wouldn't rest until I knew they were covered.

Kids need check ups every year not to mention the disasters they tend to get themselves into physically. You can't cover that on $500 a year for the entire family. You need insurance for those kids, hon. You just do.
Hey I know things happen. However, if we decide that we need to purchase a policy then it should be our choice. If they wish to socialize medicine then fine. You cannot properly do so while forcing people to spend money through a private entity though. It will not work as long as there is a middleman making a huge profit.