• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

Kfox

Again, all she did was exist. She didn't shove anything in your face.
You talking about Dylan? I didn't say that in reference to Dylan, I was talking about something else. Personally I have no beef with Dylan; he did his thing, got publicity; probably got paid, and more power to him. I don't recall anybody ever saying anything negative about Dylan, they vent their anger towards the beer company. When Kid Rock used his rifle, he shot up beer cans; not pictures of Dylan

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
You talking about Dylan? I didn't say that in reference to Dylan, I was talking about something else. Personally I have no beef with Dylan; he did his thing, got publicity; probably got paid, and more power to him. I don't recall anybody ever saying anything negative about Dylan, they vent their anger towards the beer company. When Kid Rock used his rifle, he shot up beer cans; not pictures of Dylan
Then who? Who should "could just keep their opinions to themselves"?

Kfox

And why should they keep their opinions to themselves?
If they don't want me to express my disagreement, they should keep their views to themselves
I understand you don't like people who critcize your garbage,
If I didn't like people criticizing what I say, I wouldn't be here
but they have the right to express their opinion. Don't they?
I don't call people hateful bigots when they disagree with me; they shouldn't either IMO

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If they don't want me to express my disagreement, they should keep their views to themselves

If I didn't like people criticizing what I say, I wouldn't be here

I don't call people hateful bigots when they disagree with me; they shouldn't either IMO
Then the best case for you is to assume you misspoke in post 170.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Point to a time when I've villified someone for not sharing my beliefs.
If you can't even see your own contradiction, then I see no reason why to continue any discussion with you as you're not being honest. Someone else noticed as they posted as such, so why can't you be honest abut it?

But this comes as no surprise as you'd rather just troll through here in knee-jerk manner, thus even providing links to you is a futile effort, so I'm no longer going to waste time.

Kfox

If you can't even see your own contradiction, then I see no reason why to continue any discussion with you as you're not being honest.
How about if you just point to the contradiction; rather than acting all high and mighty because I don't see it?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That just because you think you are "X" does not mean you are "X"; and everybody around you should not have to pretend you are "X" just to make you feel better about yourself.
And yet, your objection is to people calling you hateful and bigoted for your statements, because you believe you're not hateful and bigoted; and you want other people to pretend they believe you're not hateful and bigoted just to make you feel better.

Correct?

Kfox

And yet, your objection is to people calling you hateful and bigoted for your statements, because you believe you're not hateful and bigoted; and you want other people to pretend they believe you're not hateful and bigoted just to make you feel better.

Correct?
No; you are not correct. People have called me names because they find it easier to attack me personally rather than attacking my argument; this is a common tactic for many upon finding their arguments reduced to rubble. As far as what they think of me personally; I couldn't care less as long as they keep their opinions to themselves.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No; you are not correct. People have called me names because they find it easier to attack me personally rather than attacking my argument; this is a common tactic for many upon finding their arguments reduced to rubble. As far as what they think of me personally; I couldn't care less as long as they keep their opinions to themselves.
So, you want to have the ability to speak freely, while suggesting others should not have that ability (or, at the very least, should be discouraged from doing so) while believing that negative opinions about you can all be dismissed as being unable to deal with your arguments. So, you effectively believe you should have freedom of speech, but not others - if they express negative opinions about you.

Cool.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That just because you think you are "X" does not mean you are "X"; and everybody around you should not have to pretend you are "X" just to make you feel better about yourself.
That's a value? Weird.

I tend to value peoples' feelings and sense of self-worth and identity, more than I value validating my own ego and imposing my view on someone else's life and feelings. Those sounds more like "values" to me.

Kfox

So, you want to have the ability to speak freely, while suggesting others should not have that ability
No; we should both have the freedom to speak freely. But personal attacks in lieu of refuting arguments should be discouraged during debates because it gives the impression of an inability to defend your position

Kfox

That's a value? Weird.

I tend to value peoples' feelings and sense of self-worth and identity, more than I value validating my own ego and imposing my view on someone else's life and feelings. Those sounds more like "values" to me.
I know you asked for values and I responded with an opinion, but the fact is, I am in no position to tell you what their values are; I don't know these people. So I gave what is likely an opinion.
BTW; I agree with your point of not validating your own ego and imposing your views on someone else's life. But just remember, that goes both ways.