• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No; we should both have the freedom to speak freely. But personal attacks in lieu of refuting arguments should be discouraged during debates because it gives the impression of an inability to defend your position
So what did you mean when you said "they should keep their opinions to themselves"?

And what if anything did Dylan Mulvaney or Bud Light do wrong?

Kfox

So what did you mean when you said "they should keep their opinions to themselves"?
If they have a problem with me presenting an opposing view, they need to keep their opinions to themselves because as long as they feel free to express their opinions on an issue, I will feel free to express mine; even if it is in opposition to their own
And what if anything did Dylan Mulvaney or Bud Light do wrong?
As I said before, Dylan did nothing wrong as far as I am concerned; But Bud Light P*** a lot of people off who used to drink their beer.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If they have a problem with me presenting an opposing view, they need to keep their opinions to themselves
And if you have a problem with them presenting their views ....
And if you have a problem with them presenting themselves ....

As I said before, Dylan did nothing wrong as far as I am concerned; But Bud Light P*** a lot of people off who used to drink their beer.
But what did they do wrong? Yes, the snowflake bigots got p***ed off. But what did Bud Light do wrong?

I would certainly argue that p***ing off bigots is a noble act.

The only thing Bud Light did wrong is they chickened out and abandoned Dylan.

Kfox

And if you have a problem with them presenting their views ....
And if you have a problem with them presenting themselves ....
When have I ever suggested a problem with people presenting their views, or themselves?
But what did they do wrong? Yes, the snowflake bigots got p***ed off. But what did Bud Light do wrong?

I would certainly argue that p***ing off bigots is a noble act.

The only thing Bud Light did wrong is they chickened out and abandoned Dylan.
What did Bud Light do wrong? In this case; right and wrong are completely subjective; so it depends on what Bud Light's goal was. If their goal was to make money, then offending your base is the wrong thing to do. If your goal is to present a view not shared by their base; regardless of it causing you to lose money, then they did the right thing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That just because you think you are "X" does not mean you are "X"; and everybody around you should not have to pretend you are "X" just to make you feel better about yourself.

Are you religious? If so, do you feel that your beliefs should be respected by everyone, including those who don't share or agree with those beliefs themselves? Or would you prefer to be harassed daily and told constantly that your religious beliefs are nothing more than irrational, unsubstantiated, arbitrary superstitions. Should you be able to profess your faith openly without facing backlash, or it would it be best to keep your religion a secret?

Kfox

Post # 170

In post #170 I spoke of people who impose their views on me, and harass me when I refuse to embrace their beliefs.
Imposing and harassing is a little bit more than just presenting their views and themselves.
So you are not making a moral argument, you are making a financial one.

Or are they the same thing in your mind?
I never had a problem with what Bud Light did, they was just trying to make more money. I was trying to explain to those who asked, why some people do have a problem with what Bud Light did. A lot of people are getting tired of the idea that a boy can be a girl, and a girl can be a boy by just thinking they are. When Bud Light celebrated an adult man who claimed to be a girl, a lot of people see that as taking it too far, so they reacted accordingly.

Kfox

But how would they even know that you didn't agree unless you didn't keep your opinions to yourself?

For me it would only happen on forums like this one where people go to discuss such issues, but I have heard of it happening to other people in casual conversation; it could be as simple as an accusation of misgendering someone.
Are you religious?
No.
If so, do you feel that your beliefs should be respected by everyone, including those who don't share or agree with those beliefs themselves?
Nobody should be obligated to respect what I believe. But just because you may not respect my beliefs doesn’t mean you can’t respect me as a person
Or would you prefer to be harassed daily and told constantly that your religious beliefs are nothing more than irrational, unsubstantiated, arbitrary superstitions.
Just because you don’t respect my beliefs doesn’t mean you can harass me.
Should you be able to profess your faith openly without facing backlash, or it would it be best to keep your religion a secret?
I have no problem with people professing their faith, as long as they don’t impose it on others.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If they don't want me to refute their claim, they need to quit making claims.
That's not the issue. The issue is them believing you're a hateful bigot. They're free to believe that if they want, right? And yet you think they should keep their opinions to themselves.

Personal attacks says more about them than it says about me.
So you think people having negative opinions about you means you should have the freedom of speech and not them. Or are you too much of snowflake to deal with negative comments? Can you not defend yourself against accusations of hate or bigotry?

Kfox

That's not the issue.
Yes that IS the issue.
The issue is them believing you're a hateful bigot. They're free to believe that if they want, right?
People on the losing end of a failed argument resort to name-calling all the time. That's not the issue, I couldn't care less about name-calling.
And yet you think they should keep their opinions to themselves.
Only if they don't wanna see their arguments reduced to rubble.
So you think people having negative opinions about you means you should have the freedom of speech and not them. Or are you too much of snowflake to deal with negative comments? Can you not defend yourself against accusations of hate or bigotry?
Wrong again. How about respond to what I've actually said rather than you would like me to say.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Yes that IS the issue.
No, it isn't. You said the issue was with them calling you hateful and/or bigoted, and that you believe these opinions shouldn't be expressed.

People on the losing end of a failed argument resort to name-calling all the time. That's not the issue, I couldn't care less about name-calling.
You don't think it could just be a genuine opinion? Are you of the belief that all negative opinions about you are just bad faith?

Only if they don't wanna see their arguments reduced to rubble.
I've never seen you do that. I do see you trying to silence people, however. If your arguments are that good, why do you need to tell people to keep their opinions to themselves? Sounds like a pretty weak position, to me. And why are you upset at being called something you're not? Just refute the arguments.

Wrong again. How about respond to what I've actually said rather than you would like me to say.
It's the logical conclusion of your statements. You want people who disagree with you (or, at least, form certain conclusions about you) to be silenced. Why be such a snowflake about it?

If that is not your position, then retract your statements instructing people that they should keep their beliefs to themselves.

To be clear, I don't personally think you're a hateful bigot, and I would tend to avoid using sweeping terms like that, I just think there is a level of hypocrisy in your position which is essentially "if people don't like what I say, it's because they can't argue against me; but if I don't like what people say, they should keep their opinions to themselves". Do you understand?

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I was trying to explain to those who asked, why some people do have a problem with what Bud Light did.
I think right from the beginning it has been crystal clear why some people have a problem with this. They have a problem because they are anti-trans bigots. And clearly that is their problem.

I don't think you have said anything on this issue that has brought more clarity to that.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They would have reacted the same for any other Trans person representing their beer.
I don't know about that. Dylan had a lot of people pissed off over that offensive "Days of Girlhood" series that was wildly misogynistic. That's all that person was known for, other than being a general attention whore. That person is just a terrible representation of trans people.