• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
You will make some heads explode and or melt down
I grew up with this stuff. When I really want to focus, almost nothing can offend me. I said almost. I have kryptonite myself. But I am still like a nearly unstoppable war torn tank mowing down people's lawn chairs.

Kfox

So, what's it to you?
If they could just keep their opinions to themselves, there would be no problem; but they keep imposing their views on me, and harass me when I refuse to participate in their beliefs.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If they could just keep their opinions to themselves, there would be no problem; but they keep imposing their views on me, and harass me when I refuse to participate in their beliefs.
Hey @Kfox Sorry to interject, but I thought I try a bit of a different angle with you. First, I am not a supporter of Gender Ideology, in the slightest. However, as our dear friends on RF have been kind enough to alert me to, the fact is, people like you and I are already too late. This program has been taught to an entire generation already. Where were you and I twenty or thirty years ago, when our voices might have made a difference?

This is what has been taught in K-12 schools in my province of British Columbia for at least 6–7 years.

There is no sense arguing about issues that are not going to change anytime soon. So, educate yourself and choose your hill to die on with greater care. For example, I was stunned by the level of pushback I got. I had no idea that this thinking was so deeply entrenched and found I was woefully unprepared with people who were familiar with the science, such that it is. This next part is real important, so listen up. You see, they DO have "the science" on their side. They DO have all the top experts on the planet, on their side. All we are required to do is nod and obey.

Find another hobby, they won this one before we had even perceived a bone of contention.
I hope, this makes sense, and that you take this message in the way it is intended.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Hey @Kfox Sorry to interject, but I thought I try a bit of a different angle with you. First, I am not a supporter of Gender Ideology, in the slightest. However, as our dear friends on RF have been kind enough to alert me to, the fact is, people like you and I are already too late. This program has been taught to an entire generation already. Where were you and I twenty or thirty years ago, when our voices might have made a difference?

This is what has been taught in K-12 schools in my province of British Columbia for at least 6–7 years.

There is no sense arguing about issues that are not going to change anytime soon. So, educate yourself and choose your hill to die on with greater care. For example, I was stunned by the level of pushback I got. I had no idea that this thinking was so deeply entrenched and found I was woefully unprepared with people who were familiar with the science, such that it is. This next part is real important, so listen up. You see, they DO have "the science" on their side. They DO have all the top experts on the planet, on their side. All we are required to do is nod and obey.

Find another hobby, they won this one before we had even perceived a bone of contention.
I hope, this makes sense, and that you take this message in the way it is intended.
A bit dramatic, aren't we?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Again, all she did was exist. She didn't shove anything in your face. She didn't force you or anyone else to do something. She is just living her life. But being seen, even on her own social media, is enough for the bigot snowflakes to go nuts.

Why should she keep her opinions to herself? I don't keep my opinions to myself, you don't keep your opinions to yourself. You are here on RF "shoving your opinions in our face, imposing your views" How is what you doing any different than what she did?

What these bigots want is to force people they don't like back into the closet. Because they are such snowflakes they think just the fact that these people exist is "harassment".

Kfox

What is taught today is completely different than what was taught 20 or 30 years ago. It used to be; a biological male would say I feel like I am a woman in a man’s body, I feel like a woman, or even I identify as a woman. Today they say I AM a woman. This is something that started no more than 5-6 years ago. 20-30 years ago, they could easily describe what a is a woman, because gender and biology was connected; today they’ve redefined gender to be a social construct in a way making it completely meaningless which is why they are unable to describe what a woman is.
There is no sense arguing about issues that are not going to change anytime soon.
How do you know what is not going to change? Remember when the professional community claimed Ebonics was a good thing? Eventually the foolishness of this idea became so apparent they had to change it so now nobody preaches that foolishness anymore.
Remember when the powers that be used to say black people cannot be racist because they don’t have enough power? Then one of their own (critical race theorist Ibram Kendi) spoke out against all of that saying black people do have power, ending that foolishness; now that’s considered outdated beliefs.
Now we have people saying gender and biology are separate, so a woman is a person who believes they are a woman, even though they don’t know what a woman is. Perhaps someday common sense will prevail and this absurdity will go the way of ebonics and the black people can’t be racist foolishness.
So, educate yourself and choose your hill to die on with greater care. For example, I was stunned by the level of pushback I got. I had no idea that this thinking was so deeply entrenched and found I was woefully unprepared with people who were familiar with the science, such that it is. This next part is real important, so listen up. You see, they DO have "the science" on their side.
This is not about natural science, biology is natural science, they separated gender from sexual biology making gender a social construct. Social constructs are not based on natural science; this is under the category of sociology and other theoretical type studies.
They DO have all the top experts on the planet, on their side.

No they don’t; there is not a consensus concerning this issue; especially outside the USA.
International endocrinologists speak out against US gender transition medicine

Europe is dialing back policies

All we are required to do is nod and obey.
You need to be better than this my friend; just because you get push back is no reason for you to lay down, you need to stand up for yourself. And if you think laying down is gonna stop them from calling you Transphobic, think again. There are some activists who claim a straight person who refuses to date a trans person of the same biological sex is transphobic
Like I said; you need to learn to stand up for yourself.

Last edited: