• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jason Aldean controversy

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No it is not. It has nothing to do with existing. It's about whether a transgender woman is a real woman or not.
And what does that have to do with bud light? What difference does it make whether she is a real woman, a real man, or real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri?

No, all she did was pose with a beer can. She didn't give a speech, or make a statement. She just existed, and that was all it took to upset bigots.

Kfox

And what does that have to do with bud light? What difference does it make whether she is a real woman, a real man, or real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri?
Better yet; what does all of this have to do with Jason Aldean? This has nothing to do with any of that, my point is just because some people may disagree with your view concerning this issue does not mean they are bigots who hate and don't want transgender people to have the right to exist.

Kfox

What ideology are you referring to?
the idea that trans-women are real woman
Can anyone convince me that this was not about hate or bigotry?
Probably not.
Exactly what was it that Dyland said or represented that offended so many?
They weren't offended by Dyland, they were offended by Bud Light for giving him the spotlight. Kinda the same way progressives would be offended if Ben and Jerry's gave a spotlight to Confederate flag waving, monster truck driving, gun rights activists. It's all about staying inside of your lane dude!

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

Probably not.

They weren't offended by Dyland, they were offended by Bud Light for giving him the spotlight.
Most trans-women, like myself, do not claim to be or use the phrase real woman. That's not part of an ideology. It's a straw man argument used by our opposition.

I'm glad you were honest about the hate/bigotry question. Thank you.

Why the hell would a company offering a person free stuff offend anyone? Jealous?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Probably not.

They weren't offended by Dyland, they were offended by Bud Light for giving him the spotlight. Kinda the same way progressives would be offended if Ben and Jerry's gave a spotlight to Confederate flag waving, monster truck driving, gun rights activists. It's all about staying inside of your lane dude!
Who is Dyland? Is that some kind of slur?

Kfox

Most trans-women, like myself, do not claim to be or use the phrase real woman. That's not part of an ideology. It's a straw man argument used by our opposition.

here are a couple of examples of people who do make the claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fb48tivB-0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SzBbSRbWP2M
Why the hell would a company offering a person free stuff offend anyone? Jealous?
Not jealousy, it's about the beer company making it clear that they no longer share their values.

Kfox

And I gave you one, out of many, that makes no such claim.
True. I'm not suggesting everybody has the same view, I was only pointing out that there are people who do make the claim that Trans women are real women, and many of those people are very vocal; yet you never see any trans activists refuting that claim

Viker

True. I'm not suggesting everybody has the same view, I was only pointing out that there are people who do make the claim that Trans women are real women, and many of those people are very vocal; yet you never see any trans activists refuting that claim
What!? I've refuted that claim. I can get pretty derned activist at times.

Kfox

What!? I've refuted that claim. I can get pretty derned activist at times.
Can you provide a youtube video, or some type of an outside source showing you and others doing this? Because everywhere I look, I only see the activists making the claim they are real women; I've never seen an example of an activist claiming they are not.

Viker

Can you provide a youtube video, or some type of an outside source showing you and others doing this? Because everywhere I look, I only see the activists making the claim they are real women; I've never seen an example of an activist claiming they are not.
No. My counter claim should suffice.

It's not like it would change anything.

Kfox

No. My counter claim should suffice.

It's not like it would change anything.
While I’m sure there are activists who believe as you do, there are also vocal activists who do claim trans women are real women; this is not a straw man argument as you claimed, these people do exist