• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The KKK: left/progressive.....or.....right/conservative?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh I agree they are dangerous idiots, - however, - today they fall more under the conservative movement - The Right, - and they tell us that is what they are.

I feel that you are giving these imbeciles waaaay to much credit for critical thinking. Most do exactly and believe exactly what they're told by their leaders. However, I do agree with you that their lack of mental capacities do make them extremely dangerous.

Underhill

I don't see it as conservatism, even extreme. If you follow the path from conservative to more conservative to more conservative, you don't logically and ultimately end up with KKK ideology.

The Klan was all about those with the power keeping it. In the south, the democrats ruled the roost and had the power.

They are no longer about power (how much power do rednecks in the south have these days?) but they are about fear and hatred. And they fit right in with the republican message of 'fear the mexicans' and 'fear the muslims'. They have always been christian through and through, even if christians don't like to hear it, so that aspect of the republican party appeals to them too.

Scott C.

Just one guy
The Klan was all about those with the power keeping it. In the south, the democrats ruled the roost and had the power.

They are no longer about power (how much power do rednecks in the south have these days?) but they are about fear and hatred. And they fit right in with the republican message of 'fear the mexicans' and 'fear the muslims'. They have always been christian through and through, even if christians don't like to hear it, so that aspect of the republican party appeals to them too.

Yes, they're Christians but Christians span both major parties in large number. I agree that Klan members are more likely to be Republican, probably because they feel Republican policies provide a better environment for them to pursue their interests. But that's not the purpose for Republican policy. For example, I may favor a policy to keep a park open late at night, because of popular demand. Suppose there's a rapist out there who likes this and sees it as an opportunity to assault someone. So, he supports my policy. But that was not the intent of the policy. I see a similarity here. There are people with evil intentions and motivations on both ends of the liberal/conservative scale. They see that they can advance their agenda better through one party or the other, even though they and their ends are repudiated by most who belong to that party. Their agenda becomes a perversion of liberal or conservative ideology.

Underhill

Yes, they're Christians but Christians span both major parties in large number. I agree that Klan members are more likely to be Republican, probably because they feel Republican policies provide a better environment for them to pursue their interests. But that's not the purpose for Republican policy. For example, I may favor a policy to keep a park open late at night, because of popular demand. Suppose there's a rapist out there who likes this and sees it as an opportunity to assault someone. So, he supports my policy. But that was not the intent of the policy. I see a similarity here. There are people with evil intentions and motivations on both ends of the liberal/conservative scale. They see that they can advance their agenda better through one party or the other, even though they and their ends are repudiated by most who belong to that party. Their agenda becomes a perversion of liberal or conservative ideology.

I'm not arguing that. But there is also little doubt that the same people are eating up Trumps anti-Mexican/Muslim rhetoric.

As for the whole Christian thing... I thought I made that clear in saying they have always been christian, regardless of the party they supported.

At this point I think most southern Christians support republicans. I have no proof other than to say I spent the last week at a southern baptist mission agency and all the talk there leading up to Super Tuesday was about Trump vs Cruz. Clinton and Bernie were universally ignored in any discussions about who should win.

Scott C.

Just one guy
I'm not arguing that. But there is also little doubt that the same people are eating up Trumps anti-Mexican/Muslim rhetoric.

As for the whole Christian thing... I thought I made that clear in saying they have always been christian, regardless of the party they supported.

At this point I think most southern Christians support republicans. I have no proof other than to say I spent the last week at a southern baptist mission agency and all the talk there leading up to Super Tuesday was about Trump vs Cruz. Clinton and Bernie were universally ignored in any discussions about who should win.

I agree with what you've said. They do eat up Trumps rhetoric.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Some years ago, there was a popular question thrown around in Christian circles called "What Would Jesus Do", remember? In regards to what Trump has repeatedly been saying, let me ask this question: What Would Jesus Say about Trump's demeanor and words?

When I consider what Jesus said in the gospels, is there any connection whatsoever with what Trump has been repeatedly saying?

Mitchina

While I agree that there were many Christians that are racist and many in the Democratic party went to church, this, however does not encompass conservatives. Example; most if not all progressive left support abortion but still call themselves Catholic or Christians. Ho do you square that anomaly? You don’t, it is effectively ignored by everyone of you dopes posting in here that the KKK and racism come from the right of our politics.

You want facts? Here’s some facts:
Until 1935, every black federal legislator was Republican, and it was Republicans who appointed the first black Air Force and Army four-star generals, established Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a national holiday, and named the first black national-security adviser, secretary of state, the research reveals. An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

The right-wing believes his fellow human beings’ freedom of action is a benefit that accrues to all. The left-wing believes your freedom to conduct your life as you see fit is a threat that must be “controlled” for the “common good” and government must regulate everything to prevent this.

You would have to believe the entire civil war was the opposite of what it was, even though we have history books and government documents to support the truth, you would rather take the word from congenital liars of your party than actually learn the truth. The Conservative Republicans are the party of Lincoln – how your kind has bastardized our entire history in order to interlope yourselves as the good guys in all this – I must say – Is impressive, but still a lie.

The connection with democrats and the KKK with their racism and hate go way back to the 1800’s. Just read the history of their voting records and you will see it has always been the Democrats who were the racists. Republicans often led the efforts to pass federal anti-lynching laws and their platforms consistently called for a ban on lynching. Democrats successfully blocked those bills and their platforms never did condemn lynchings. In 1866 comments from Indiana Republican Gov. Oliver Morton condemning Democrats for their racism. It was well known for over 100 years who the racists were and they were on the left from the democrat party. The first grand wizard of the KKK, Nathan Bedford Forrest – Confederate Army General - was honored at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, no Democrats voted for the 14th Amendment to grant citizenship to former slaves and, to this day, the party website ignores those decades of racism.

Historical documents are unequivocal that the Klan was established by Democrats and that the Klan played a prominent role in the Democratic Party, a 13-volume set of congressional investigations from 1872 conclusively and irrefutably documents that fact.

In the 1920’s it was at its peak and completely supported by the Democrat party. 300K of them marched on Washington – really no different than the protests and marches of today. As recently as 1960, Mississippi Democratic Gov. Hugh White had requested Christian evangelist Billy Graham (conservative) segregate his crusades, something Graham refused to do. When South Carolina Democratic Gov. George Timmerman learned Billy Graham had invited African Americans to a Reformation Rally at the state Capitol, he promptly denied use of the facilities to the evangelist.

The ONLY way this was going to change is to confuse the masses with lies and all you fools took it hook, line and sinker. Why do you think all the democrats say one thing to get votes but what happens is either nothing or the opposite of what they promised the black communities? Every single big city ran by several layers of democrats has all the blacks living in slums and prisons – because they CARE? Seriously, even Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. voted Republican because he knew who the real racists are. The Democrat party “plantation” is the dependence class, with their lies democrats managed to garner a minority voter turnout; of gullible fools like you and the black community. The Democrat party can reliably count on minority votes, because they have been telling minorities for the past 45 years that only Democrats “truly care”, however this is a hallow statement. Black adults living at or below the poverty level grew from 19.8% back in 2007, to 23% by the end of 2010. During 2005 the median income of blacks under Bush and his majorities in the House and Senate was $12,124. By 2009, after only three years of Democrat party majorities in both houses and Obama’s first year in office that number plummeted by 53% to $5,677. In June 2008, unemployment for them slid from 58.6 % to 52.8% by August 2012 – again under Obama – a supposed black man with all that hope and change the blacks thought they would get. Fewer than 50% of young black males had full-time employment. But today, well, Trump has changed that and truly gave them hope. Your party, your idea of what you think it is, is all distorted.

What exactly has the democratic party done for the black community – you surely must wonder this? Try to find a catalogue of policies by the left that have supported their rhetoric. Back in 2010, the DNC website read “Democrats are unwavering in our support of equal opportunity for all Americans. That’s why we’ve worked to pass every one of our nation’s Civil Rights laws.” Those words have since been removed from the site. Did the Democrat party change it when too many people realized that they are still, even after all these years, as racist as they have ever been?

The left now enslaves blacks into social handouts to hold them down by the insidious racism of diminished expectations, all the while campaigning that they were “helping” them. After all of these “progressive” years, the Democrat party is still just as racist as it has ever been, it has simply become more sophisticated in how it exercises that racism. It’s amazing to me that this worked so well, but it did and their propaganda has obviously worked as well on you. They no longer hate them, they used them to effectuate their power and they’ve done it with perfect precision of propaganda that even Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

Here are recent historical glaring facts you insist on ignoring, or maybe you are just stupid.
May 23, 2003, Republican Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) introduced a bill establishing the National Museum of African American History & Culture.

August 20, 1996, in the “Republican Contract With America” election platform – thoroughly denounced by the Democrat party – Representative Susan Molinari (R-NY) wrote and sponsored legislation which prohibited discrimination by race of adoptive parents.

November 21, 1991, the Civil Rights Act of 1991 is signed into law by President George H. W. Bush, which further strengthened civil rights laws passed by Republicans overwhelmingly in 1965.

August 10, 1988, the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 is signed into law by President Ronald Reagan, which compensated Japanese-Americans who had been deprived of property and liberty when Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt drafted Executive Order 9066. That order forced Japanese-Americans into internment camps during WWII.

February 19, 1976, Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt’s Executive Order 9066 is formally rescinded by Republican President Gerald Ford. FDR's plan was to send more than 110,000 Japanese Americans were relocated to remote internment camps built by the U.S. military in scattered locations around the country.

August 6, 1965, the Republican Voting Rights Act becomes signed into law. The Act served to abolish the unscrupulous “literacy tests” and other impediments devised by the Democrat party, to inhibit African-American votes.

August 4, 1965, in the face of several Democrat party impediments imposed on the Voting Rights Act, Republicans vote 94 percent For, while Democrats vote 27 % opposed.

June 20, 1964, the black owned newspaper Chicago Defender, heaps praise on Senate Republican Everett Dirksen (R-IL) for championing the Civil Rights Act.

History Of The Democrats And The KKK.....(Why the Democrats started the KKK)
https://guardianlv.com/2014/01/democrat-party-still-racist-after-all-these-years-2014-update/
Google Groups

Last edited:

Mitchina

Ya, I heard Jeffrey Lord today on CNN...

There is your mistake. The left has been trying so desperately for the past 50 years to flip the truth around so that young people like you believe their BS propaganda. Try cracking a history book NOT written in the last decade. Try searching what each political party voted on or didn't vote on. You will find the left has been trying to interlope the identity of conservatives - an image they never held - and supplant their own onto the other side.

If this sounds crazy, it is not, but it is... crazy like a fox. I just posted a limited history of this - probably on the last page.

Mitchina

Some folks just take a simple delight in seeing how many other people will swallow their BS. They don't believe what they're saying, but they enjoy making fools of people.

But that aside, I think in this case, you might have hit on the motive: To distract our nation's vital supply of village idiots from thinking through the full implications of what Trump said (and refused to say).
You might want to rethink this... racist KKK has been a democrat left wing thing since the 1800's.... Robert Byrd - Grand Wizard Democrat Senator who recently died was celebrated by the entire democratic party and RINOS as if he were MLK.

What makes you the idiot is not researching history - which has a lot to do with the current day's racists and Trump is not one of them, never was and still isn't. Talk about believing BS - you certainly know how to swallow that massive lump of leftist jiz.

Shaul

Premium Member
Ya, I heard Jeffrey Lord today on CNN whereas he said the same thing, and I almost fell off my chair laughing. The KKK emerged from the "Dixiecrats", which were part of what we used to call "southern Democrats". However, starting especially with the signing of the Civil rights Acts in the 1960's by LBJ, they left in droves to become Republicans.

Needless to say, the "Dixiecrats" and "southern Democrats" are mostly Republicans today, and they are not liberals but largely racist Republicans. All he is doing is just playing a disingenuous game by trying to sway those who would not likely ever check up on this.
The KKK came long before the Dixiecrats, the KKK did not emerge from the Dixiecrats. It was the other way around. :rolleyes: The Dixiecrats did not migrate to become Republicans. The Republicans destroyed the Dixiecrats using Federally supported de-segregation, the very thing the Dixiecrats most opposed.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
While I agree that there were many Christians that are racist and many in the Democratic party went to church, this, however does not encompass conservatives. Example; most if not all progressive left support abortion but still call themselves Catholic or Christians. Ho do you square that anomaly? You don’t, it is effectively ignored by everyone of you dopes posting in here that the KKK and racism come from the right of our politics.

You want facts? Here’s some facts:
Until 1935, every black federal legislator was Republican, and it was Republicans who appointed the first black Air Force and Army four-star generals, established Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a national holiday, and named the first black national-security adviser, secretary of state, the research reveals. An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

The right-wing believes his fellow human beings’ freedom of action is a benefit that accrues to all. The left-wing believes your freedom to conduct your life as you see fit is a threat that must be “controlled” for the “common good” and government must regulate everything to prevent this.

You would have to believe the entire civil war was the opposite of what it was, even though we have history books and government documents to support the truth, you would rather take the word from congenital liars of your party than actually learn the truth. The Conservative Republicans are the party of Lincoln – how your kind has bastardized our entire history in order to interlope yourselves as the good guys in all this – I must say – Is impressive, but still a lie.

The connection with democrats and the KKK with their racism and hate go way back to the 1800’s. Just read the history of their voting records and you will see it has always been the Democrats who were the racists. Republicans often led the efforts to pass federal anti-lynching laws and their platforms consistently called for a ban on lynching. Democrats successfully blocked those bills and their platforms never did condemn lynchings. In 1866 comments from Indiana Republican Gov. Oliver Morton condemning Democrats for their racism. It was well known for over 100 years who the racists were and they were on the left from the democrat party. The first grand wizard of the KKK, Nathan Bedford Forrest – Confederate Army General - was honored at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, no Democrats voted for the 14th Amendment to grant citizenship to former slaves and, to this day, the party website ignores those decades of racism.

Historical documents are unequivocal that the Klan was established by Democrats and that the Klan played a prominent role in the Democratic Party, a 13-volume set of congressional investigations from 1872 conclusively and irrefutably documents that fact.

In the 1920’s it was at its peak and completely supported by the Democrat party. 300K of them marched on Washington – really no different than the protests and marches of today. As recently as 1960, Mississippi Democratic Gov. Hugh White had requested Christian evangelist Billy Graham (conservative) segregate his crusades, something Graham refused to do. When South Carolina Democratic Gov. George Timmerman learned Billy Graham had invited African Americans to a Reformation Rally at the state Capitol, he promptly denied use of the facilities to the evangelist.

The ONLY way this was going to change is to confuse the masses with lies and all you fools took it hook, line and sinker. Why do you think all the democrats say one thing to get votes but what happens is either nothing or the opposite of what they promised the black communities? Every single big city ran by several layers of democrats has all the blacks living in slums and prisons – because they CARE? Seriously, even Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. voted Republican because he knew who the real racists are. The Democrat party “plantation” is the dependence class, with their lies democrats managed to garner a minority voter turnout; of gullible fools like you and the black community. The Democrat party can reliably count on minority votes, because they have been telling minorities for the past 45 years that only Democrats “truly care”, however this is a hallow statement. Black adults living at or below the poverty level grew from 19.8% back in 2007, to 23% by the end of 2010. During 2005 the median income of blacks under Bush and his majorities in the House and Senate was $12,124. By 2009, after only three years of Democrat party majorities in both houses and Obama’s first year in office that number plummeted by 53% to $5,677. In June 2008, unemployment for them slid from 58.6 % to 52.8% by August 2012 – again under Obama – a supposed black man with all that hope and change the blacks thought they would get. Fewer than 50% of young black males had full-time employment. But today, well, Trump has changed that and truly gave them hope. Your party, your idea of what you think it is, is all distorted.

What exactly has the democratic party done for the black community – you surely must wonder this? Try to find a catalogue of policies by the left that have supported their rhetoric. Back in 2010, the DNC website read “Democrats are unwavering in our support of equal opportunity for all Americans. That’s why we’ve worked to pass every one of our nation’s Civil Rights laws.” Those words have since been removed from the site. Did the Democrat party change it when too many people realized that they are still, even after all these years, as racist as they have ever been?

The left now enslaves blacks into social handouts to hold them down by the insidious racism of diminished expectations, all the while campaigning that they were “helping” them. After all of these “progressive” years, the Democrat party is still just as racist as it has ever been, it has simply become more sophisticated in how it exercises that racism. It’s amazing to me that this worked so well, but it did and their propaganda has obviously worked as well on you. They no longer hate them, they used them to effectuate their power and they’ve done it with perfect precision of propaganda that even Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

Here are recent historical glaring facts you insist on ignoring, or maybe you are just stupid.
May 23, 2003, Republican Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) introduced a bill establishing the National Museum of African American History & Culture.

August 20, 1996, in the “Republican Contract With America” election platform – thoroughly denounced by the Democrat party – Representative Susan Molinari (R-NY) wrote and sponsored legislation which prohibited discrimination by race of adoptive parents.

November 21, 1991, the Civil Rights Act of 1991 is signed into law by President George H. W. Bush, which further strengthened civil rights laws passed by Republicans overwhelmingly in 1965.

August 10, 1988, the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 is signed into law by President Ronald Reagan, which compensated Japanese-Americans who had been deprived of property and liberty when Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt drafted Executive Order 9066. That order forced Japanese-Americans into internment camps during WWII.

February 19, 1976, Democrat President Franklin Roosevelt’s Executive Order 9066 is formally rescinded by Republican President Gerald Ford. FDR's plan was to send more than 110,000 Japanese Americans were relocated to remote internment camps built by the U.S. military in scattered locations around the country.

August 6, 1965, the Republican Voting Rights Act becomes signed into law. The Act served to abolish the unscrupulous “literacy tests” and other impediments devised by the Democrat party, to inhibit African-American votes.

August 4, 1965, in the face of several Democrat party impediments imposed on the Voting Rights Act, Republicans vote 94 percent For, while Democrats vote 27 percent Apposed.

June 20, 1964, the black owned newspaper Chicago Defender, heaps praise on Senate Republican Everett Dirksen (R-IL) for championing the Civil Rights Act.
I want some of what you're smoking, "dope". Where'd you copy+paste this mess from, anyway? Plagerism is against the rules.

PureX

Veteran Member
The KKK is conservative in that it seeks to maintain and protect the status quo of white male socioeconomic supremacy of our culture. It is, however, a very racist and extremist expression of this conservative ideal.

Shaul

Premium Member
I don't think they understand history and the fact that the Republican, and Democratic parties, are not now what they started out as.

The KKK says it is a Christian conservative group. Christian white people, no immigration, etc. They now fall better under the ideology of the right.

"... Deriving its membership from native-born, white Protestant U.S. citizens, the KKK has also been anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic, and has opposed the immigration of all those it does not view as "racially pure."

"Origins and Initial Growth
Ex-Confederate soldiers established the Ku Klux Klan in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1866." Ku Klux Klan | Encyclopedia.com

Nope. The KKK of today’s day is a splintered loose collection of loosely affiliated chapters, a mere shadow of its past. So much so that there is is no central “official” KKK. Conservatives don’t oppose immigration, they oppose illegal immigration, big difference. The KKK oppose all immigrants. Conservatives don’t oppose diversity. There are many conservative Jews and Catholics. The KKK are not conservatives.

Shaul

Premium Member
The KKK is conservative in that it seeks to maintain and protect the status quo of white male socioeconomic supremacy of our culture. It is, however, a very racist and extremist expression of this conservative ideal.
Nonsense. Conservativism doesn’t seek to maintain and protect a a status quo of white males. That is the distorted straw man that leftists hold of conservatives. Conservatives seek to maintain and conserve the core values upon which the country was founded.

Shaul

Premium Member
Awww com' on.
The simple answer is the best & most accurate answer.
The Klan is a bunch of retard hillbillies with guns that want to exterminate blacks,
Catholics, and other religions not supporting White Anglo Saxon Protestants.
PERIOD.
The Klan lynches minorities and those that fight for American Rights for minorities.
The Klan members ARE criminals. PERIOD.
Mexicans, ALL recent Immigrants, Liberals, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, and
ANY minority CHRISTIAN FAITH is fare game to the KKK.
White Anglo Saxon Protestants (WASPS) are excused from Klan violence IF the KLAN
accepts them!
The Klan is a group of arrogant, ignorant, gun toting, TERRORIST worthy of being
accepted into the Muslim Extremist movement.
The extremist movement will deal the the Klan when the Klan has served it's purpose.
The KKK was founded by rednecks, not hillbillies. They are different.

Shaul

Premium Member
Be careful of what one says.
The Klan might be your next door neighbor.
Or your Preacher.
Or your elected representative.
Or your local police officer.
Or someone on the internet.
Or NOT!
So stand up and fight the bastages.
Statistically speaking it is more likely your next door neighbor is an albino or a Rosicrucian than a member of he KKK.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh I agree they are dangerous idiots, - however, - today they fall more under the conservative movement - The Right, - and they tell us that is what they are.

And you believe them? Of course they want to say they are conservatives. That doesn’t make so. Do conservatives accept them as actual conservatives? No. And leftists have an obvious interest in hanging the albatross of the KKK on conservatives. That doesn’t make it true.

The KKK are not conservatives.

Shaul

Premium Member

Republicans don’t have a message of “fear Mexicans” nor “fear the muslims”[sic]. And I guess you have never heard of Jewish-, Muslim-, or Mexican-American Republicans. Yet there are many of them. Sorry the facts don’t support your misconceptions.