• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I shall now win with a public service announcement

Never mess with bear cubs

1454524383972367.jpg

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I pet a bear cub once. It was while we were living at Crater Lake in Oregon one summer when I was 7 or 8. Several of us kids were playing in front of our cabin when a cub ran around the corner of the house and right past me. I stuck my hand out and pet him as he ran by. I then yelled "BEAR! at the top of my lungs and we all ran into the cabin. We knew to get inside as soon as a bear was sighted. Bear warnings came several times a week. We used to go watch the bears at night at the park's garbage dump, where they would gather to rummage through the trash for goodies.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I pet a bear cub once. It was while we were living at Crater Lake in Oregon one summer when I was 7 or 8. Several of us kids were playing in front of our cabin when a cub ran around the corner of the house and right past me. I stuck my hand out and pet him as he ran by. I then yelled "BEAR! at the top of my lungs and we all ran into the cabin. We knew to get inside as soon as a bear was sighted. Bear warnings came several times a week. We used to go watch the bears at night at the park's garbage dump, where they would gather to rummage through the trash for goodies.
You were fortunate that petting first and running second was not a mistake.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
given the geometry of the situation, I had to follow the cub to get to the front door, as did everyone else...he ran directly past the door and around the corner...we were all inside within seconds. We didn't see the mother that day, as I recall. Yes we were lucky, but even if I had yelled the second I saw him/her, it was only about a half-second before I actually did...it was that fast.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
given the geometry of the situation, I had to follow the cub to get to the front door, as did everyone else...he ran directly past the door and around the corner...we were all inside within seconds. We didn't see the mother that day, as I recall. Yes we were lucky, but even if I had yelled the second I saw him/her, it was only about a half-second before I actually did...it was that fast.
Still, you were lucky momma was not right behind the cub. But I'd bet she was just out of sight.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Still, you were lucky momma was not right behind the cub. But I'd bet she was just out of sight.
I'm sure she was nearby, and yes, lucky she wasn't following right behind...even if she had, I still would have yelled and I at least would have frozen in place, since I knew where it was. But the rest of the kids were well conditioned to head for the nearest door...could have been a problem...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Bear cubs can be cute, playful and cuddly..... which, ironically, is the exact opposite of their momma if one happens to stop and play with the cute cuddly fuzzball