• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Australia may as well be on another planet so it doesn't really count in the morning / afternoon / evening / night calculation. A calculation based on those on top, not those clinging on to the bottom of the world

How does that work? Time goes by longitude not latitude.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Only advanced in getting old half a day earlier

You live in a country where the rats grow to 6 ft tall and hop and all the other critters want to kill you.
How is that advanced?
The Americans were trying to get a foreign country to pay for a stupid wall to control immigration. We just spread rumours that all our critters want to kill you, all the while walking around barefoot much of the year. It's not our fault you all play checkers while we're playing 4-d chess.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'd heard that phrase was supposed to be an insult...

Nope, it's Irish good morning welcome to friends

Person 1 in a cheerful irish broque "Top of the morning to ya"
Person 2 in cheeky irish reply "and the rest of the day to yourself"

Top of the ... Comes from top of the milk i.e.the cream.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
b90afd0ae38f2f6d42b5c5907157b738.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The first dog we had as a married couple was in the last week of her life. One of our cats unexpectedly stayed next to the dog for hours on end. Cat nature is not dog nature but cats can and do respond to distress and suffering at least some times.
Mine do rather frequently, though in different ways and at different times.

I noticed with my pregnancies and upon having infants, the male cats were more likely to attend on me, but the female cats were more likely to tend the babies.

I had one poor fellow who decided he wanted to be with me each time I got morning sickness. One day he heard me, and I didn't see him come in the room. It was sudden, and I knew I wouldn't make it to the toilet, so my goal was simply not the bed. I leaned over, and...

All over his head. He still maintained his 'cat smile' and was unaffected. Had a supportive look on his face that seemed to say "I see you're not feeling well."