• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Too comfortable... This'll beat the pants off it.
View attachment 83907

Yes it's a British road car

Also.

View attachment 83908
My fave.

Cool, I beleive I saw the first one on top gear

I'm more of a classic car guy myself....

-1x-1.jpg

020_info-slider_1500_super_1953-55.jpg

1698160482161.jpeg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I like the Porsche, much nicer than modern ones.

My dad had...

View attachment 83910

That and a tractor were what i learned to drive in

I do like the older Porsches more than the new ones, but I have to admit I was rather impressed by a new Porsche 911 turbo weaving in and out of traffic in early summer. Basically it looked like it was floating

Porsche-911-Turbo-Coupe-992-Specs.webp

I am not a fan of the new Corvettes as compared to the older ones, nothing agaist European sports cars, but the Corvette these days look just like a European sports car knock off...lost all the character of a Corvette IMO

Chevrolet%20Corvette%20ERay-12.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Just got notice my health insurance(state) has been cancelled.

Had a yearly screening planned in November... guess I can call and cancel that now.

At least the kids still made the cut.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just got notice my health insurance(state) has been cancelled.

Had a yearly screening planned in November... guess I can call and cancel that now.

At least the kids still made the cut.

Just like that!!!

What's your plan now?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Just like that!!!

What's your plan now?
Try to stay healthy until I'm not, and then kick the bucket, I guess. Its the American way.

My husband(also not insured) had to have emergency dental surgery over the summer. That cleaned out the bank account, and we've been living paycheck to paycheck since. Its not really a big deal(not a stranger to that lifestyle), but there isn't extra money if anyone gets sick. And its not like the medical bills are reasonable and can be paid out of pocket... a trip to the GP out of pocket is usually (on average) around $200 in these parts.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Try to stay healthy until I'm not, and then kick the bucket, I guess. Its the American way.

My husband(also not insured) had to have emergency dental surgery over the summer. That cleaned out the bank account, and we've been living paycheck to paycheck since. Its not really a big deal(not a stranger to that lifestyle), but there isn't extra money if anyone gets sick. And its not like the medical bills are reasonable and can be paid out of pocket... a trip to the GP out of pocket is usually (on average) around $200 in these parts.
Ever heard of Molina insurance?...... I tried to find out if there was any inexpensive insurance in Iowa....could not find any info..but the Molinaa name came up....don't know anything about them, tho.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ever heard of Molina insurance?
Yes. Its a state provider here, which I no longer qualify for.

I think what's offered here is Molina, Amerigroup, and Iowa Total Care.

Shoot. Just realized I'm going to have to cancel the therapist, too...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

What about Medicaid or an Obamacare plan?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes. Its a state provider here, which I no longer qualify for.

I think what's offered here is Molina, Amerigroup, and Iowa Total Care.

Shoot. Just realized I'm going to have to cancel the therapist, too...
And what stupid excuse did they give you (if any)?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
What about Medicaid or an Obamacare plan?
Medicaid's what I've been kicked off of.

Obamacare plans can still be pretty hefty. The letter said they forwarded our info to the 'marketplace insurance', but from what I've seen of their plans in Iowa, they're still not actually affordable.
And what stupid excuse did they give you (if any)?

We're on that income bracket where we toe the line of receiving aid, and making slightly too much to get it, but not enough to afford stuff like this.
I wish they'd review what is "too much", now that Covid and inflation have changed the game.

I'm disappointed, but extremely grateful the kids made the cut... Ares's meds are not affordable out of pocket, but he's dangerous without them.