• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Years ago I once hit black ice, during a snowstorm, on the NYS thruway in my (then) Jeep Cherokee. Spun, went off the road, and ran over a milage marker. I was in a gully, in a snowbank so I put the Jeep in 4 wheel drive, put it in reverse and backed right out onto the road with no problem. It was -20 not including windchill, and it was very windy. There were several cars off the road there so I sat and waited for the State Police. They came, I gave the report, and told him I was going to go to work. He then said, have you looked at your car, I said no...he said your tire is off the rim, I said but I backed out of the ditch...he looked and smiled snd said "Omly in. Jeep". AAA came and changed the tire, And I was happy they did, I as dressed for work and it wad FREEZING outside.

There was a Jeep commercial at the time where the tg line was "Only in a Jeep"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Years ago I once hit black ice, during a snowstorm, on the NYS thruway in my (then) Jeep Cherokee. Spun, went off the road, and ran over a milage marker. I was in a gully, in a snowbank so I put the Jeep in 4 wheel drive, put it in reverse and backed right out onto the road with no problem. It was -20 not including windchill, and it was very windy. There were several cars off the road there so I sat and waited for the State Police. They came, I gave the report, and told him I was going to go to work. He then said, have you looked at your car, I said no...he said your tire is off the rim, I said but I backed out of the ditch...he looked and smiled snd said "Omly in. Jeep". AAA came and changed the tire, And I was happy they did, I as dressed for work and it wad FREEZING outside.

I don't have a Jeep.
So I don't drive in the ditch.

Wu Wei

I don't have a Jeep.
So I don't drive in the ditch.
You would if you hit black ice, coming onto the thruway, on an on ramp that was curved... also I now know, based on your statement, you have no idea what fun is.... and I no longer own a jeep.... Mrs Wu hated that Jeep

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You would if you hit black ice, coming onto the thruway, on an on ramp that was curved... also I now know, based on your statement, you have no idea what fun is.... and I no longer own a jeep.... Mrs Wu hated that Jeep
I drive more cautiously these days.
No longer a reckless kid in my 20s.
I hit black ice too. But driving at the
appropriate speed, I don't lose control.

I'm the driver that others
hate to be stuck behind.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That's why i mentioned it, too many AAs

That's why I've never been a big fan of acronyms. One could misunderstand and end up at the wrong meeting.

1705244432760.png

Wu Wei

I drive more cautiously these days.
No longer a reckless kid in my 20s.
I hit black ice too. But driving at the
appropriate speed, I don't lose control.

I'm the driver that others
hate to be stuck behind.
have you ever hit black ice on an outside curve. I wasn't reckless, I was going slow, I did not drive recklessly, the jeep just started sliding and I had no control... I was, at that point, just going along for the slide. I was going the appropriate speed... I was in my early 40s at the time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
have you ever hit black ice on an outside curve. I wasn't reckless, I was going slow, I did not drive recklessly, the jeep just started sliding and I had no control... I was, at that point, just going along for the slide. I was going the appropriate speed... I was in my early 40s at the time.
I hope that I didn't temp fate with
my bragging about ditchlessness.
After all, **** happens.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

In the snow you should have been 4wd anyway.