• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Having your hair professionally "done" is one of the pleasures of life.

You say you come out looking the same as you went in. Consider, if Karen's hair were not done, would it look the same in 18 months?

Also consider, would you prefer a well primped and preened wife or someone looking like she's just been dragged through a hedge backwards?

Of course she only does it to look her best for you.

$130 is cheap, i have mine "done" every 7 weeks, it cost €110, that's about $180 in Aussie funny money
I think I'll take my pleasure in the form of chocolate.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goodnight win.

2d6404f13b7301bc6cb6b767fe267091.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Having your hair professionally "done" is one of the pleasures of life.

You say you come out looking the same as you went in. Consider, if Karen's hair were not done, would it look the same in 18 months?

Also consider, would you prefer a well primped and preened wife or someone looking like she's just been dragged through a hedge backwards?

Of course she only does it to look her best for you.

$130 is cheap, i have mine "done" every 7 weeks, it cost €110, that's about $180 in Aussie funny money

I look like I've been dragged backwards through a bush about 4 dozen times, we could match.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I touch up the blue vvhen it fades. A bottle of blue dye costs 12 bucks and lasts about 3 months.

I bleach my roots(my hair is naturally dark and the blue vvont alvvays take) maybe every 4-5 months. A bleach kit costs about the same.

I do both of these things myself, in the bathroom.

I brush it sometimes. VVash it vvhen its dirty.

That concludes my hair care routine and costs.
My wife has had long hair since the 60's except when she had chemo. Her hair care routine is to wash it when needed and use a barrette. Her makeup routine is to wash her face. We're just a pair of aging hippies but happy the way we are.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My wife has had long hair since the 60's except when she had chemo. Her hair care routine is to wash it when needed and use a barrette. Her makeup routine is to wash her face. We're just a pair of aging hippies but happy the way we are.
My hair's about mid back. Its alvvays dyed some color... usually blue these days. I vvear make up, but not vvhat's typical... eyeshadovv and eyeliner, usually in designs and patterns dravvn out the sides of the eye or on the cheekbone. Different colored lipstick; vvhatever matches the clothes I have on. No skin make up. I'm comfortable vvith my skin as it is.

My husband has the real long hair, though. His is about mid thigh. :D He usually vvears it up, all vvrapped on top of his head, though. Othervvise it gets in his vvay.

Nothing vvrong at all vvith being an aging hippy! :D

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I was in a shopping center and as I came out there was a security guard patrolling the carpark on a mobility scooter. How's he going to catch someone? Theyd just need to break into a brisk walk and duck in between a few cars.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was in a shopping center and as I came out there was a security guard patrolling the carpark on a mobility scooter. How's he going to catch someone? Theyd just need to break into a brisk walk and duck in between a few cars.
maybe it had a Hemi....

go-granny-go-hacked-mobility-scooter-goes-69-mph.w1456.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe it had a hidden AK-47.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I shoulda rassled the security guard and stole his mobility scooter for you.
I could have done to it vvhat the guy in my old Hood did to his bike: Add a stereo system to the back, put a canopy over it, and add lights to the vvheels.

That stereo vvas loud... you'd look behind you, expecting to see a large vehicle. Nope, just a guy on a bike.

It'd be perfect!