• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Good morning win.

No stray thunderstorms showed up overnight so a win for the cats too

Not a good evening for me. Karen's first flight out of Vegas got cancelled, they got her on another flight which was an hour late and she only just made the international flight. Then that plane had troubles on the runway, she just took off I believe. She's a little stressed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not a good evening for me. Karen's first flight out of Vegas got cancelled, they got her on another flight which was an hour late and she only just made the international flight. Then that plane had troubles on the runway, she just took off I believe. She's a little stressed.

At least she didn't get this worrying spectacle
20220712_123812.jpg

October when i went to the UK. Engine problems while starting up caused full emergency service call out.

Being trapped on the plane while fire fighters are trying to sort out rhere hoses is not good for stress levels

ChristineM

Premium Member

When does she land?

You going to Sydney or meeting her half way?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
At least she didn't get this worrying spectacle
View attachment 93968

October when i went to the UK. Engine problems while starting up caused full emergency service call out.

Being trapped on the plane while fire fighters are trying to sort out rhere hoses is not good for stress levels

She had that on the way there once. The plane filled with smoke and they had to land in Hawaii. The next days flight out of Australia beat her to America. Then there was the time she sat on the runway for 4 hours while all the luggage was taken off and searched. Never take a flight with her.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Last flight back from China...14 hours and then a 30 minute wait on teh tarmac. Apparently the airport didn't know we were coming
eye-roll.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Speaking about planes, many years ago the captain of a flight came out, opened the floor up and looked at the landing gear because the sensors said they were not down but they appeared to him to be OK. Then we had a low pass over the airport so ground crew could look. Finally we made a landing with a lot of emergency gear standing by and came to an immediate stop on the runway followed by another inspection. Then finally we taxied to the gate.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Speaking about planes, many years ago the captain of a flight came out, opened the floor up and looked at the landing gear because the sensors said they were not down but they appeared to him to be OK. Then we had a low pass over the airport so ground crew could look. Finally we made a landing with a lot of emergency gear standing by and came to an immediate stop on the runway followed by another inspection. Then finally we taxied to the gate.

When i was seven or eight my parents took me on holiday to Allassio. We flew through a thinderstorm. Huge crash, the lights went out, the seatbelt lights came on and we dropped several thousand feet.
We were diverted as an emergency to Geneva airport, loads of emergency stuff surrounding the plane
Alighting the plane people were pointing at the tail. A roughly 3 ft square chunk had been bitten out of the rudder by lightning strike.
I heard later the pilot couldn't steer left or right using the rudder, so landed using flaps and engine speed
We were bussed to italy.