• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Where do you get the little light sabers?
images

Wu Wei

There could be some guy like me that thinks it is funny to make up weird quotes and attribute them to famous historical people.

I believe it was Douglas MacArthur that said "I am firmly aware that I'm not coming back and don't even intend to. Up the Irons!".
Are you sure it wasn't Bruce Dickenson

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I understand. If you did, then you would have to make me drive a DeLorean back into the mists of time with the hiscrapers, the Tell of Captain Walker and Mrs. Walker. Then I would have to go to Thunderdome and face Gulag or MasterBlaster.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Could be,
I think he is the big West Ham United fan and they are called the Irons. It took me considerable time to learn that. Thankfully in time to include it in this thread. Thus averting catastrophe and subverting true scholarship and intellectual development.

Wu Wei

I think he is the big West Ham United fan and they are called the Irons. It took me considerable time to learn that. Thankfully in time to include it in this thread. Thus averting catastrophe and subverting true scholarship and intellectual development.
You know...now that I think about it...it may have been Ozzy

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I watched the movie the Passengers from 2016 this afternoon. A science fiction movie with Jennifer Lawrence, Christ Pratt, Michael Sheen and Laurence Fishburne. I ended up watching it completely by accident. Fell asleep while watching something else and woke up in the middle of the movie. I started it over and it turned out to be a rather interesting film. Jennifer Lawrence is quite smashing.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
True.... or at the very least cause confusion
It is strange that I was thinking about this yesterday, but I recalled an event some years ago when I was moving out of an apartment and talking with the maintenance crew while clearing my stuff out of the place. The head maintenance guy was talking about how they would miss me and mentioned a past event where they were working on something for me and I brought a case of beer for the crew.

I had no idea what he was talking about, then or now. At the time I couldn't be certain he wasn't messing with me or simply misremembering, but I saw no point in trying to contradict him. It would have made things more confusing and been of no benefit to reject the story. Sometimes, moving on and leaving the confusing behind is also a good move.

Wu Wei

It is strange that I was thinking about this yesterday, but I recalled an event some years ago when I was moving out of an apartment and talking with the maintenance crew while clearing my stuff out of the place. The head maintenance guy was talking about how they would miss me and mentioned a past event where they were working on something for me and I brought a case of beer for the crew.

I had no idea what he was talking about, then or now. At the time I couldn't be certain he wasn't messing with me or simply misremembering, but I saw no point in trying to contradict him. It would have made things more confusing and been of no benefit to reject the story. Sometimes, moving on and leaving the confusing behind is also a good move.
In my job for the last 1,000,000 years I have had multiple conversations with folks about their IT issues and then I see the completely glazed over look of complete and utter confusion, but they keep nodding yes..... there are times I stop and simplify...and there are times I just keep going on....depends on who it is....

Many Many years ago.... over a 1,000,000 years, when I was in high school, I knew a guy who was a auto mechanic expert...at least that is what he wanted everyone to believe.... one day after class he was having issues and I told him it was his Foozhalator valve.... and walked away.... about a year later when I was in trade school for auto mechanics and working on cars on the side, I went to a local parts store and the guys in there were telling stories and laughing like crazy.... Then they told the story of the idiot who came in to get a Foozhalator valve.... we all laughed, and then I asked him if he looked liked a guy I knew, after I described him they said yes.... I then told him I'm the one that sent him here for the Foozhalator valve.... more laughing