• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It does seem that while Ares likes to act up on Saturday, the stove likes to give me hell on Sunday. Wouldn't that be some **** if it works tomorrow.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
*scratches head* Unplug it?

It ignites. There's a flame in there. It starts to heat, but it can't get past 100F.

Its been doing this on and off for awhile; some days it works totally fine, other days it takes it about twenty minutes to a half hour to heat up(but then it does it rapidly).

I've been waiting almost an hour and nothing but warmth and a slight gas smell.

This is the first time its not eventually caught heat.

The burners on the stove top work fine.

Oh it's gas. Gas ovens are above my pay grade. Rip it out and install an electric one.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1724626119038.jpeg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Around here, that's actually probable.

I tend to keep my 'haunting' stories to myself, because they're just straight up not believable.

My haunting stories are mundane because I hunt around until I find a logical reason. Me and the ex Mrs used to live in an old fashioned house with a veranda all the way around and just about every night we'd hear someone walking on the veranda but when I'd go out I could find nothing and the dog wouldn't be barking. Me and a mate even staked it out all night a couple of times to try and catch who or what it was because Donna was getting scared to stay there because I mostly worked nights. Anyway.... one night it was hot and I couldn't sleep so I was sitting on the veranda smoking and the dog walked up with a tennis ball and kept throwing it up and over her back. The bounces sounded like footsteps so I confiscated the ball and the haunting stopped.

You can't cook good food on an electric stove!

Why not?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My haunting stories are mundane because I hunt around until I find a logical reason. Me and the ex Mrs used to live in an old fashioned house with a veranda all the way around and just about every night we'd hear someone walking on the veranda but when I'd go out I could find nothing and the dog wouldn't be barking. Me and a mate even staked it out all night a couple of times to try and catch who or what it was because Donna was getting scared to stay there because I mostly worked nights. Anyway.... one night it was hot and I couldn't sleep so I was sitting on the veranda smoking and the dog walked up with a tennis ball and kept throwing it up and over her back. The bounces sounded like footsteps so I confiscated the ball and the haunting stopped.
I've got two 'hauntings' that I cannot even fathom a mundane reason for.

But there are often stuff that's viewed as having a supernatural root that are completely ordinary.
You can't roast the skins off of stuff on electric; its vital for some dishes. Also, there's less control over temperature.

I'm neutral about the oven having gas, but that gas stove top is necessary. There was a glass top electric when we moved in. I complained for about a year, and my dad had enough and bought me the current one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Around here, that's actually probable.

I tend to keep my 'haunting' stories to myself, because they're just straight up not believable.

You can't cook good food on an eleotctric stove!
In your home, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is totally believable.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Doesn't the Bible say "the pansies shall inherit the Earth"?
Its the meek
I once dated a woman that had a plan about that

She said… if the meek are supposed to inherit the earth…. Then all we need to do is get rid of the meek…. And it should be easy since they are all meeker than us

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its the meek
I once dated a woman that had a plan about that

She said… if the meek are supposed to inherit the earth…. Then all we need to do is get rid of the meek…. And it should be easy since they are all meeker than us

Actually, I believe it was "The Greek shall inherit the Earth."